U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 01-30-2013, 11:53 AM
 
Location: Atlanta, GA..don't go to GSU
1,110 posts, read 1,423,963 times
Reputation: 366

Advertisements

Gucci Mane Is Attending Career Day at an Atlanta School Because He's the Greatest Role Model Ever | Complex
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-30-2013, 11:57 AM
 
22 posts, read 20,312 times
Reputation: 31
Well, he is a musician regardless if the image. Not everyone can do it as much as we like downplay it.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-30-2013, 12:02 PM
 
Location: ATL
4,688 posts, read 6,975,138 times
Reputation: 1804
No different than George Bush or Honey Boo Boo doing the.same thing
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-30-2013, 12:04 PM
 
Location: Atlanta
831 posts, read 1,128,871 times
Reputation: 513
Maybe if he's talking about how to manage money. He has made millions of $$$ and isnt broke. So he must be doing something right!?

I think, giving gucci the benifit of doubt.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-30-2013, 12:05 PM
 
Location: Atlanta
831 posts, read 1,128,871 times
Reputation: 513
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
No different than George Bush or Honey Boo Boo doing the.same thing
Very true
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-30-2013, 12:45 PM
 
1,856 posts, read 3,194,449 times
Reputation: 1173
gosh i love gucci man
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-30-2013, 01:10 PM
 
Location: Kirkwood
23,728 posts, read 19,418,750 times
Reputation: 5608
Gucci Mane graduated from GPC with a B average. Can't deny the man has made lots of money by working hard and now runs his own successful record label. Just because you don't agree with the music genre is no reason to call his tax-paying citizen a thug or put him down. He can be a role model for lots of young AA kids.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-30-2013, 02:58 PM
 
1,758 posts, read 2,905,364 times
Reputation: 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Gucci Mane graduated from GPC with a B average. Can't deny the man has made lots of money by working hard and now runs his own successful record label. Just because you don't agree with the music genre is no reason to call his tax-paying citizen a thug or put him down. He can be a role model for lots of young AA kids.
No offense, but have you heard a Gucci Mane album? It wouldn't be a problem if kids could better differentiate fantasy from reality, but most trap rappers proposely blur those lines. Most kids that I know think that although he is rich, he is currently moving bricks of cocaine throughout atlanta and has a team of shooters that murder people whenever he says so. His biggest fans sort of admire that... Now if he went to a school and told the kids, "85% of what I say in my songs are gross exaggerations or outright lies" then that would be something...
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-30-2013, 03:00 PM
 
Location: Kirkwood
23,728 posts, read 19,418,750 times
Reputation: 5608
Quote:
Originally Posted by equinox63 View Post
No offense, but have you heard a Gucci Mane album? It wouldn't be a problem if kids could better differentiate fantasy from reality, but most trap rappers proposely blur those lines. Most kids that I know think that although he is rich, he is currently moving bricks of cocaine throughout atlanta and has a team of shooters that murder people whenever he says so. His biggest fans sort of admire that... Now if he went to a school and told the kids, "85% of what I say in my songs are gross exaggerations or outright lies" then that would be something...
Of course I have heard Mr Zone 6's albums.
But that stuff doesn't sell. Also, he's lyrics are weak.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-30-2013, 03:45 PM
 
1,758 posts, read 2,905,364 times
Reputation: 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Of course I have heard Mr Zone 6's albums.
But that stuff doesn't sell. Also, he's lyrics are weak.
I'm not talking about saying that in his songs. I understand that is how he makes his money... Like an actor. But I don't think he'd admit this in real life to a group of kids. To them, the music may as well be a diary entry.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of:

All times are GMT -6.

¬© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top