Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 04:48 PM

13,980 posts, read 25,939,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernassassin View Post
My favorite one is "I only moved here because I was relocated by my job."
Marvelous! Another dump on the transplant post. Guess what? We came here because of a job transfer/promotion. It happens.

On the other hand, we really, really like it. We have never complained about anything, even the pizza and the bagels are good if you look far enough. The weather is great, the scenery is beautiful, and we like the people. Of course, most of our neighbors have also come here from elsewhere. Who knew the natives were b***ching about us behind our backs? I wouldn't know, except for C-D, where is is guaranteed to come up
on a regular basis.

Without transplants, Atlanta would not have the corporate presence it has now. Why is it so often brought up on C-D? People are transplanted all across the country these days. You need to embrace it and stop thinking people moving here from elsewhere are ruining your quality of life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2013, 05:23 PM

6,610 posts, read 9,028,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
Marvelous! Another dump on the transplant post. Guess what? We came here because of a job transfer/promotion. It happens.

On the other hand, we really, really like it. We have never complained about anything, even the pizza and the bagels are good if you look far enough. The weather is great, the scenery is beautiful, and we like the people. Of course, most of our neighbors have also come here from elsewhere. Who knew the natives were b***ching about us behind our backs? I wouldn't know, except for C-D, where is is guaranteed to come up
on a regular basis.

Without transplants, Atlanta would not have the corporate presence it has now. Why is it so often brought up on C-D? People are transplanted all across the country these days. You need to embrace it and stop thinking people moving here from elsewhere are ruining your quality of life.
I have to say that most people don't feel anything negative towards transplants...it's just a loud few, so I hope you don't think that all native Atlantans are that way.

Old 02-04-2013, 05:31 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,908,718 times
Quote:

on a regular basis.

If your not complaining or whining about being here then this thread shouldn't have bothered u .. They're only talking about those that do it all the time . I hear a lot of New Yorkers doing this, but I just laugh and then ask so when are u moving back. They get real quiet

Old 02-04-2013, 06:14 PM

858 posts, read 1,384,895 times
The real irony of it is that many of the people who complain about New Yorkers s**ting all over Atlanta are the very same people who s**t all over anyone who lives OTP. It's all relative I guess.

Old 02-04-2013, 07:08 PM

268 posts, read 344,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernassassin View Post
My favorite one is "I only moved here because I was relocated by my job."

that delta hub attracts a lot of companies also they will give companies the store to move there

Old 02-04-2013, 07:11 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,824,973 times
What is with all this New Yorker hate in multiple forums? Stop hating us. I don't hate or look down on anyone here in Atlanta so what your problem is I do not know.

Old 02-05-2013, 04:37 AM

4,688 posts, read 8,017,508 times
I will say its people outside of the south

Last edited by tonygeorgia; 02-05-2013 at 05:05 AM..

Old 02-05-2013, 05:34 AM

528 posts, read 1,283,521 times
I'm a former northerner and New Yorker and I wouldn't move back for a million dollars (well...that might be hard to turn down). We love it here. Love the weather, love the scenery, love the taxes, love the cost of living. I guess I do sometimes compare, "in NY it was like this" but it's not a "it was better" thing. It's a "it was different" and having lived there my whole life before moving here...it is hard to not compare. Give us a break. We aren't all loud and annoying! :-)

Old 02-05-2013, 06:02 AM

6,616 posts, read 13,824,973 times
So you want your city to be diverse yet you don't like transplants...? Seems logical.

Old 02-05-2013, 08:29 AM

6,420 posts, read 6,520,508 times
Quote:

on a regular basis.

I always thought the ATL homers wanted more people to move here, just less from up north. If it was up to some posters, everyone in the world would live in Atlanta except up north people, at least thats the vibe I get.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: