Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2013, 04:42 PM

4 posts, read 4,049 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone. I have used the search function to search for any applicable threads, and I have found some that are close to my situation (but none specifically). I've just accepted a position in Marietta, and I have been looking at apartments on trulia.com and various apartment websites. I'm in my early twenties, and I feel like (after visiting the area) I would like to live a litter closer to Atlanta. I'm looking for any recommendations near 75 or 285 or closer to atlanta for around 600-900/month. I'm used to making a commute (45min/1hr 15 min), so a commute is not really a problem. I would appreciate any suggestions you all could supply. I will be visiting in a couple of weeks, so I would love to have a few apartments picked out to tour.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2013, 04:54 PM

I guess I should also include that I am just looking for a one bedroom for myself.

Old 03-01-2013, 02:38 PM

36 posts, read 106,361 times
Try looking in the Vinings are (area code 30339). You will be close to Marietta, it's in Cobb county, but you are about 15 minutes from the city. I lived in the Vinings area for 3 years and loved it!

You could also contact a company called ProMove... they will help you find an apartment based on your needs.

Old 03-01-2013, 07:39 PM

924 posts, read 1,456,105 times
Vinings is the perfect area in the middle of downtown and Marietta with plenty of nightlife right there and only 10-15 minutes from Midtown and Buckhead on the weekends as well. Just keep an eye out to make sure the apartments you are looking for aren't too close to the railroad that runs through the area. I was looking at an apartment once in Vinings and was pretty close to renting it after the tour but as we walked out the train went by not 50 yards from the apartment which I wouldn't have noticed because of trees hiding the tracks but it was loud enough for me to not want to rent the apartment.

Promove is a good start but I have heard of them steering people to complexes where they get a larger fee so I certainly wouldn't use them as your only resource.

Old 03-02-2013, 04:18 PM

Thanks for the responses. I've also been looking at some ratings online for different apartments, and I keep finding excellent ratings for The Estates at Ridenour. I realize these are in Kennesaw (opposite direction to where I would like to be), but I can't discount the location (near a mountain with lots of nature trails). I'll check out promove as you both suggest. Thanks.

Old 03-03-2013, 12:13 PM

Kennesaw certainly has some nice parts and with Kennesaw State being there you won't be close to being the only early 20's person around.

Old 04-15-2013, 06:52 AM

6 posts, read 12,053 times
Default stay closer to 285

The further you get out into the burbs the more family oriented it gets, in my experience. If you want to stay in outside the perimeter I agree Vinings is a good option, Sandy Springs may also be good but with any area, some parts are nice, some not so great so check the area out before you choose if you can.

I did not like Promove, I tried them when we moved here from California, they really didn't listen to what I needed and pushed me toward certain places, I definitely felt like they were being paid off. I found many more options on my own. If you're ok with not being near Marietta, i know some single people that have lived near the Lundberg Marta station in Atlanta and felt it was a pretty good area, also we have friends that rent at a Post property off of Howell Mill in Atlanta and they like it. I also have a single friend that lives in condos near the perimeter mall and she likes it very much.

Old 04-15-2013, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamrgrl72 View Post
The further you get out into the burbs the more family oriented it gets, in my experience. If you want to stay in outside the perimeter I agree Vinings is a good option, Sandy Springs may also be good but with any area, some parts are nice, some not so great so check the area out before you choose if you can.

I did not like Promove, I tried them when we moved here from California, they really didn't listen to what I needed and pushed me toward certain places, I definitely felt like they were being paid off. I found many more options on my own. If you're ok with not being near Marietta, i know some single people that have lived near the Lundberg Marta station in Atlanta and felt it was a pretty good area, also we have friends that rent at a Post property off of Howell Mill in Atlanta and they like it. I also have a single friend that lives in condos near the perimeter mall and she likes it very much.
Promove makes their money from the apartment complexes so they certainly are getting paid off and they will steer people in the directions that make them the most money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta