Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 12:38 PM

23,726 posts, read 24,866,786 times

Advertisements

Atlanta Botanical Gardens
King Center
Atlanta History Center
Eastside BeltLine Trail from Inman Park to Piedmont Park.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2013, 01:52 PM

1,280 posts, read 1,858,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billl View Post
Wild Animal Safari in Pine Mountain. But do yourself a favor and rent one of their vans...you don't want the animals slobbering all over your car.

The Renfest opens April 13.
This is on my to do list! Bold: same advice that I was given by a work associate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pammyd View Post
These kids might be gifted but remember they are still KIDS. If you are in Atlanta, don't you have beaches or parks where these kids can go be kids like maybe get "dirty". How about an outdoor barbecue at the beach or at a park...playing kickball, tossing a football, playing some softball..something physical. Is there a skate park nearby? Kids like educational stuff but at ages 11 and 7 I am sure they would like something fun or cool outside, no?
My son was exceptionally bright in school as well but he had a 10 speed bike, a skateboard and he played all sorts of sports which included football, track, baseball and more. He liked the beach and he loved to swim..tennis....his friends.
it is important to remember that among those big minds is also a couple of kids who want to be kids I am sure. Look for some FUN stuff that will wear them out and they will sleep well som you can sit and visit with your sister over a glass of wine! Good Luck
Indeed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vince217 View Post
My suggestions:

Stone Mountain
Andretti Speedlab
Tellus Science Museum (haven't been but planning to go there this summer with my own kids)
Atlanta Hawks basketball game
Atlanta Braves baseball game
Must do, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seatlien View Post
Okefenokee Swamp - even if it's just the visitors' center for a few hours. Besides the mammoth alligators everywhere out in the open, you can go to the short nature center presentations and see/touch a bunch of snakes, turtles, baby gators, et al. Be sure to ask about the otter's temperament - he was on rampage last time we were there and bit a guest. The train ride is a waste, but the short boat trip is pretty cool.
I would love to take the family before it gets too hot. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinetreelover View Post
Has someone already suggested Fernbank Museum? Lots of cool things there for kids that age - exhibits, star gazing, dinosaurs, an old growth forest...
I certainly recommend it!

Old 03-31-2013, 06:05 PM

1,280 posts, read 1,858,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vince217 View Post
My suggestions:

Stone Mountain
Andretti Speedlab
Tellus Science Museum (haven't been but planning to go there this summer with my own kids)
Atlanta Hawks basketball game
Atlanta Braves baseball game
I took my seven, five, and four year old yesterday: 30 March 21013. The first thing that struck me was the option of using the bathroom without paying the price of admission. After a "long" trip, access to a washroom is appreciated. The second thing that stood out was the manicured lawn. Nice! I knew the price of admission prior to going. However, forking over $44.00 for the four of us was easy.

I would describe Tellus as Fernbank on steroids. It has everything that the Fernbank Science Ctr. and Museum of Natural History has. In fact, more of it! The staff-members were pleasant. The place is very clean. It wasn't jam packed. Perhaps this can be explained because of Easter weekend. LOTS of Illinois and Michigan cars on the road! I'm not exaggerating.

My children said that the fossil dig was their favorite activity. It was the last thing that they did. You are allowed to keep one "artifact." They put fake fossil remains into the pretend soil. That's right! Your children can uncover fossils and not get dirty. I found a small incisor. My baby boy found a prehistoric shark tooth!

I did not appreciate the drive from Chamblee. Took me all of 30 minutes to reach Cartersville. I could not tell if the traffic was typical, or Easter weekend traffic. It wasn't bad, just psychological. Knowing that Fernbank is a few minutes away, and we can enter for free. That said, I have no regrets. We had a great time and I highly recommend Tellus!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta