Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2013, 07:03 PM

2,613 posts, read 4,146,024 times

Advertisements

Maybe it was the criminal record aspect that led to (MORE) criminality (abuse) as opposed to the women making more money than they did? A criminal is a criminal is a criminal...probably. Whether they make more money than their mate or not. And these women that you are "friends" with and listening to are the same ones who had the great wisdom and discernment to marry criminals. These women are not poster children of having opinions that carry much weight either. Just saying. Any woman who marries a criminal, I'm not doing too much listening to her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta_BD View Post
The women did. But since their husbands were abusive and some had criminal records their side doesn't carry much weight in my opinion.

Old 03-31-2013, 07:04 PM

Great post. LOL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
A lot of us are still pretty spry. Just saying.

Old 03-31-2013, 07:06 PM

I think that older men work well for women of any race. This is bc women tend to mature and want to settle down faster than men. The older men don't have to be 30 years older than the women, even five years older than the women can make a big difference. He's had a chance to see some things in the world and accomplish at work and is now ready for married life and a family. He may also have a maturity level that is aligned with what the women's maturity level is (or at least what she thinks her maturity level is).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeminds View Post
Have you considered older men? Steve Harvey suggests that for many women.

Old 03-31-2013, 07:20 PM

Do you mind elaborating a bit on how dating "for the purpose of marriage" is different from dating "to get to know a person" in your opinion? How does this relate to being old-fashioned? This is very interesting as I have never heard of this before and would welcome insight into this dichotomy in dating.

I found this intriguing bc I was trying to figure out how you (as a woman) could know that you want to waste/spend your time on a particular man, dating him for the purpose of marriage, if you haven't dated him to get to know him. Or maybe I don't understand the difference.

I was also intrigued by your statement that you know how men think (but you are a woman). How do they think?

Quote:
It's also difficult for me because I am old-fashioned and I make it known that I believe that dating should be for the purpose of marriage. Men don't want to hear that. They often say well you just have to get to know a person blah, blah, blah but that's BS! Men know when they first meet a woman whether or not she's a woman he wants to take seriously and know within six months if he's going to marry her. I know how men think and I don't want my time wasted so I am by myself as a result.

I just haven't had the opportunity to meet the guy who is interested in me AND ready to commit.

Old 03-31-2013, 08:01 PM

439 posts, read 852,694 times
While you are all having a debate amongst yourselves about dating in Atlanta, the OP ventured onto another post 2 days later and cannot care less for your opinions...

//www.city-data.com/forum/atlan...l#post28824858

Do not fret however. The MOD already blocked the second post.

Usually when the OP does not manifest themselves they are just 'fishing'. All I know if I were a professional female, volunteering my salary range (very unrealistic for employees in Atlanta), future lodging arrangements and employment location; the last thing I would do is consult a forum full of strangers about the dating scene. But the thread was entertaining nonetheless.

Old 03-31-2013, 08:11 PM

3,421 posts, read 5,218,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelySummer View Post
Maybe it was the criminal record aspect that led to (MORE) criminality (abuse) as opposed to the women making more money than they did? A criminal is a criminal is a criminal...probably. Whether they make more money than their mate or not. And these women that you are "friends" with and listening to are the same ones who had the great wisdom and discernment to marry criminals. These women are not poster children of having opinions that carry much weight either. Just saying. Any woman who marries a criminal, I'm not doing too much listening to her.
o
I also know women whose husbans were jealous of their success who weren't criminals. I hear what you are saying but black women are often told to lower their standards which unfortunately by default l nds them with men with criminal histories.

Old 03-31-2013, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Do you mind elaborating a bit on how dating "for the purpose of marriage" is different from dating "to get to know a person" in your opinion? How does this relate to being old-fashioned? This is very interesting as I have never heard of this before and would welcome insight into this dichotomy in dating.

I found this intriguing bc I was trying to figure out how you (as a woman) could know that you want to waste/spend your time on a particular man, dating him for the purpose of marriage, if you haven't dated him to get to know him. Or maybe I don't understand the difference.

I was also intrigued by your statement that you know how men think (but you are a woman). How do they think?
I'm talking about pointless casual dating. One thing I know for sure is that men know early on what they want so no sense wasting time with men who say they just want to go with the flow. That usually means they want nothing serious.

Old 03-31-2013, 08:26 PM

4,688 posts, read 8,020,143 times
Quote:
I'm talking about pointless casual dating. One thing I know for sure is that men know early on what they want so no sense wasting time with men who say they just want to go with the flow. That usually means they want nothing serious.
That is the best kind of dating IMO

Old 03-31-2013, 08:36 PM

Quote:

You said yourself that women should avoid wasting time with men who want nothing serious because of career or whatever and to not waste time trying to change a man who doesn't want to commit. I have learned from my dating experiences to pay attention to men's words as well as their actions. Those experiences has taught me to understand the language men use when they have no intention of making a woman a part of their lives. Because I have developed a clear understanding of this, I can say I know how men think. And men say what they mean. Its women who try to make it into something else.

Old 03-31-2013, 08:52 PM

Yes, but you mentioned being old-fashioned and, as such, dating for the purpose of marriage as opposed to getting to know someone and I was trying to get an understanding of what that means. I'd never heard that distinction before so I was asking.
Quote:
You said yourself that women should avoid wasting time with men who want nothing serious because of career or whatever and to not waste time trying to change a man who doesn't want to commit. I have learned from my dating experiences to pay attention to men's words as well as their actions. Those experiences has taught me to understand the language men use when they have no intention of making a woman a part of their lives. Because I have developed a clear understanding of this, I can say I know how men think. And men say what they mean. Its women who try to make it into something else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta