Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 09:04 PM

9,008 posts, read 14,054,003 times

Advertisements

Loca Luna is absolutely my most hated of all Atlanta establishments.

Mainly because they refuse to run the air conditioning. I thought maybe they just didn't have it, but since they moved, I know they just refuse to run it because I've been in that space before it was Loca Luna, and I know for a fact that it has air conditioning.

The drinks are expensive. The tapas are expensive. The service is terrible. And they took what was once a classy space and made it look like a chain restaurant from 1983 Myrtle Beach. I can't figure out why people insist on going to Loca Luna.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2013, 09:27 PM

119 posts, read 212,509 times
Lololol!!! My friend LOVES it there!! I was wondering why it was always so hot there!! I get hostile if i have to eat there...She also loves Trader Vic's... Now I really can't afford to eat there and their drinks are very very expensive!! The service is good though...

Old 03-25-2013, 09:41 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,880,495 times
I don't have a "worst" but I will say this to whoever owns/runs or is thinking of opening one...

Customer comfort is KEY to retaining repeat customers.

I'm a "booth person". I don't like sitting at tables in the middle of the dining room - I prefer a comfortable booth. Please, stop bolting the tables to the floor!! You will have a variety of people eating in your establishment from kids to older folks, thin, heavy, tall, and short... each customer has a different comfort level they prefer when it comes to the space in-between them and the table. When booth seats and the table itself are all bolted and not adjustable, you make it too generic and therefore will turn off segments of people. I've been to a few places where there was a huge space and I had to lean forward uncomfortably to reach my food, and been to other places where I felt like I was obese (I'm not), because there was almost no space between my stomach and the table, too - and in both examples, I couldn't move the table or seats to adjust the space. Guess where I DID NOT go back to eat again? Places like this. Side note - flat seat cushioned booths are nice.. but those newer styles where the back of the seat slopes down into the back? Really? It forces your lower back into a near birthing position! UGH.

Side note: Music. Now, there are of course some places where the "theme" is such that it's ok to play Rap, HipHip, Heavy Metal, Old Country, (whatever), and its' ok, but if we're talking about generalized family sit-down restaurants, then those more extreme styles are not appropriate. Not saying it needs to be elevator music, but a more neutral contemporary sound low in the background is best.

So there are no specific names for me for worst... only a general call-out to those who don't think hard when designing the comfort level and adjustability of their seating.

Old 03-26-2013, 08:37 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,859,920 times
Quote:
Ann's Snack Shop. Most overrated dining experience EVER.
Greatest burger ever! You just didn't follow the rules.

Old 03-26-2013, 09:09 AM

190 posts, read 318,752 times
Antico Pizza. Feel free to flame away, but I had the most miserable experience here. From the huge line (which normally wouldn't bother me) to the no custom order policy to the madhouse with the communal tables and then no plates or napkins, I couldn't get out of this place fast enough. The final nail was how they just throw the pizza down on the table. I know people rave about this place, but I thought the pizza was waaay over rated...I had really high hopes with this place, but after all the crap you have to go through, the pizza had to be amazing to make me come back...it wasn't close.

Old 03-26-2013, 09:48 AM

1,062 posts, read 1,217,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Greatest burger ever! You just didn't follow the rules.
Yes, I did. I was first in line and never got yelled at, although someone else got bitched at for moving a chair 2 inches. Bottom line, the burger just isn't a big deal, and everyone that says it is is just amused by Ann's attitude. I've had better burgers all over town, and did have to wait an hour for it.

Old 03-26-2013, 05:21 PM

23,461 posts, read 44,074,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban5 View Post
Hello pot?? This is kettle....
Oooh. Remind me to send you a lobster bib for that bon mot.

Old 03-26-2013, 08:18 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,410,626 times
LOL at red lobster. I can tell the OP has not experienced much upscale dining in the ATL. I couldn't even begin to list the number of restaurants that are far better.

Old 03-26-2013, 09:34 PM

32,020 posts, read 36,777,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiime View Post
Antico Pizza. Feel free to flame away, but I had the most miserable experience here. From the huge line (which normally wouldn't bother me) to the no custom order policy to the madhouse with the communal tables and then no plates or napkins, I couldn't get out of this place fast enough. The final nail was how they just throw the pizza down on the table. I know people rave about this place, but I thought the pizza was waaay over rated...I had really high hopes with this place, but after all the crap you have to go through, the pizza had to be amazing to make me come back...it wasn't close.
I had the same reaction, and even gave it two more tries because our friends were insisting that it was the best pizza place on the planet.

A roll of brown paper towels on the table for napkins? Tap water from the sink in a plastic cup to drink? No AC in July, in Georgia? Andrea Bocelli played at ear splitting volumes?

Nah....

Old 03-26-2013, 09:37 PM

32,020 posts, read 36,777,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post
Like most people, I know not to eat at Red Lobster.
I probably shouldn't admit this but I love their popcorn shrimp and hushpuppies. They pour a pretty nice martini too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta