Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 10:49 AM

283 posts, read 360,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
Not really. People, especially from the smaller southern metros or cities think Atlanta is the NYC is the south. Just look at the thread of the person moving from Tampa made not too long ago. More people think of Atlanta as a black mecca and hip-hop capital then country hillbillies.
Maybe people from other southern cities have this perception, but if you go pretty much anywhere in the NE, midwest, or West (e.g., California, Washington, even Arizona when I was there) the most common stereotype is that Atlanta (as the entire South for that matter) is hillbilly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2013, 11:07 AM

1,868 posts, read 3,067,522 times
Full Episode - Tues. 4/2 - Paul Rudd And Musical Guests von Grey @ TeamCoco.com

You can watch the full tuesday episode here!

Old 04-03-2013, 12:16 PM

644 posts, read 1,430,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTrickNet View Post
Maybe people from other southern cities have this perception, but if you go pretty much anywhere in the NE, midwest, or West (e.g., California, Washington, even Arizona when I was there) the most common stereotype is that Atlanta (as the entire South for that matter) is hillbilly.
I think that Atlanta has emerged from these stereotypes.....but being in Georgia doesn't help.....lol

Old 04-03-2013, 12:22 PM

5,242 posts, read 6,237,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajjam View Post
I think that Atlanta has emerged from these stereotypes.....but being in Georgia doesn't help.....lol
I think that stereotype is still strong concerning Atlanta. Well honestly, the most common stereotype of ignoramuses is that Atlanta is nothing but a mix of thugs and rednecks.

Old 04-03-2013, 11:49 PM

4,790 posts, read 6,872,975 times
i thought tonight's show was a bit better— they mentioned the clairmont lounge, hahaha... thought the insult comic dog was a bit too over the top. hey i mean i hate the real housewives show with a vengeance but i thought the sexual innuendo was really over the top for network TV. love jack mcbrayer, steven yeun was a blast (did anyone else catch the overdub correction when conan announced his name? it was like "we've got" *crackle* "STEVEN YEUN" *crackle* "on the show tonight!" . i thought the band was a bit too crackery. i loved von grey last night though. i'd never heard them before.

Old 04-04-2013, 04:12 AM

9,008 posts, read 14,054,003 times
Quote:
Wish he'd stop that insipid invisible string to pants thing
It's his trademark. It's like saying I wish Johnny Carson would stop swinging that invisible golf club. But at least Conan's trademark is funny and not just a tribute to a game he likes to play.

Conan is definitely the comic genius of his time. Even when it's low brow, it's high brow. I'm not sure how that works, exactly, but there is an intelligence to everything that he does. It's not just cheap laugh pandering lame jokes, that's Leno's world.

Anyway, I'm surprised nobody has hit on a point that I have been making for years: Atlanta is known for its strip clubs. Conan has been making strip club jokes all week, even before tonight's Clermont bit. I guess we are still really known for strip clubs, I know we were in the 80s. I have yet to visit the Cheetah after living here since 1996.

One question I have is did the guest just get bum info (pardon the pun) on how Blondie crushes beer cans, or has she moved on to actually using her behind to achieve this? Every time I have been she has used her chest to do her beer can trick.

Old 04-04-2013, 05:39 AM

644 posts, read 1,430,469 times
Cheetah is probably the most tasteful (if possible) strip club in Atlanta. A lil pricey though but I guess that keeps it fairly decent. I for one am definitely celebrating my 30th bday at Magic City!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: