Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 02:18 AM

4,790 posts, read 6,875,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
It's truly a magical and special night in Atlanta. From downtown to Midtown the whole core is simply vibrant. This is what convinces me Atlanta can become the next Chicago of the south. I have more faith in the densification of Atlanta's core than Dallas or Houston. It has the best backbone of the three city. It has the bes tourist districts out of all of them. Also the most annual visitors. I hope in 10 years, Atlanta is a different city in my eyes.
see what i'm saying? if you get the people most of it will fall into place. atlanta has unlimited potential.

Old 04-07-2013, 09:02 AM

32,026 posts, read 36,788,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alco89 View Post
LOL! Is this serious? Where else would the people watch the concert from, the middle of the street???
Well, who is going to pay to replace all that grass?

Or is that just one more thing the taxpayers in the COA need to pick up? Even though we can't even get playground equipment or sidewalks?

If there's not a single blade of grass left in Olympic park and it's a field of brown mud, who's going to be attracted to that?

Old 04-07-2013, 09:29 AM

4,688 posts, read 8,021,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post

Or is that just one more thing the taxpayers in the COA need to pick up? Even though we can't even get playground equipment or sidewalks?

If there's not a single blade of grass left in Olympic park and it's a field of brown mud, who's going to be attracted to that?
When someone rents rhe park out the fee that they pay for the park includes fixing the park back up

Old 04-07-2013, 10:00 AM

2,390 posts, read 4,405,317 times
Quote:

I swear some of you just complain for the sake of complaining.

Old 04-07-2013, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
When someone rents rhe park out the fee that they pay for the park includes fixing the park back up
So be it. As long as the concert promoters are paying for what they tore up fine. I'd hate to see the state of Georgia taxpayers get stuck with the cost.

Old 04-07-2013, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
I swear some of you just complain for the sake of complaining.
Why isn't this a legitimate concern? The city doesn't have money to pave streets, install sidewalks or provide playground equipment.

It seems to me that if a park is being trampled to the extent that there's not a single blade of grass left and it's been turned into a field of brown mud, then whoever set up the event ought to pay for the damage.

There's a high probability that many of the people who did the trampling don't even live in the COA.

Old 04-07-2013, 01:09 PM

7,132 posts, read 9,136,869 times
Yeah, well of course, they are going to have to replace the grass....why would they leave the park in the condition it's in? Thank goodness this wasn't held in Atlanta's crown jewel: Piedmont Park...I would have cried if it it was just brown mud. But it's Olympic park in downtown...no one cares as much.

Old 04-07-2013, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
Yeah, well of course, they are going to have to replace the grass....why would they leave the park in the condition it's in? Thank goodness this wasn't held in Atlanta's crown jewel: Piedmont Park...I would have cried if it it was just brown mud. But it's Olympic park in downtown...no one cares as much.
Well, I hope the promoters posted a bond for it.

And people do care, at least those of us who live here in the city and have to deal with it every day. We often have throngs of non-city residents coming in to use our facilities and it's not uncommon to hear them say, "Who cares if it's torn up or trampled down?"

Fortunately places like Piedmont Park are privately funded, but even private donors don't have unlimited funds.

Old 04-07-2013, 02:34 PM

3,421 posts, read 5,219,515 times
Quote:
Well, I hope the promoters posted a bond for it.

And people do care, at least those of us who live here in the city and have to deal with it every day. We often have throngs of non-city residents coming in to use our facilities and it's not uncommon to hear them say, "Who cares if it's torn up or trampled down?"

Fortunately places like Piedmont Park are privately funded, but even private donors don't have unlimited funds.
I hope they posted a bond for it as well. It would suck for all the grass to get trampled and not be replaced. I don't know what the ordinances are for the City of Atlanta for this. I know when I worked for DeKalb County builders/developers had to post a bond for growing grass by a certain time on their construction sites during the drought as part of their BMP's. I don't know if this applies to event promoters.

Old 04-07-2013, 10:28 PM

402 posts, read 703,863 times
Folks, probably worst DMB show I've seen. He was tired I think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta