Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2010, 02:08 PM

2 posts, read 11,771 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone! I am new to the forums, but have used them for information for awhile now. My fiancee and I are looking into moving to Newnan once we tie the knot in October, and we were looking into Summer Grove off Lower Fayetteville Road. I was wondering if anyone had any reviews or criticisms on this neighborhood. I did a search and found all I could on it, but all the reviews seem to be at LEAST 2 years old. I also noticed that in a lot of the replies in the other threads that a lot of people said they "loved it" but that they were moving out... or that their home was for sale.

We took a drive through the neighborhood yesterday, and noticed a good bit of homes for sale, is this simply because the market is down right now? i.e. Is this normal right now in most neighborhoods?

Thanks in advance for all of your expertise! Have a wonderful day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2010, 04:23 PM

2 posts, read 11,771 times
Oops, I read the dates wrong, I was reading join dates of people... so there are a few new posts about it. I would still like to know what people think of it though overall... downsides to the neighborhood?

Old 05-27-2010, 06:07 PM

865 posts, read 2,431,265 times
Well, we just moved to PTC, and I can tell you why we did NOT look into Newnan and Summergrove:
1. Longer commute/further from ATL
2. Schools much better in PTC
3. PTC holds it's value
4. PTC is a unique community, and you don't get that kind of "feel" anywhere else

Old 05-27-2010, 07:27 PM

16,683 posts, read 29,502,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCHSgrad05 View Post
Hello everyone! I am new to the forums, but have used them for information for awhile now. My fiancee and I are looking into moving to Newnan once we tie the knot in October, and we were looking into Summer Grove off Lower Fayetteville Road. I was wondering if anyone had any reviews or criticisms on this neighborhood. I did a search and found all I could on it, but all the reviews seem to be at LEAST 2 years old. I also noticed that in a lot of the replies in the other threads that a lot of people said they "loved it" but that they were moving out... or that their home was for sale.

We took a drive through the neighborhood yesterday, and noticed a good bit of homes for sale, is this simply because the market is down right now? i.e. Is this normal right now in most neighborhoods?

Thanks in advance for all of your expertise! Have a wonderful day!

Coweta County--Newnan, Sharpsburg, and Senoia--is a great place to live.

Good schools.
Shopping convenience.
Safe.
Can offer a better commute than PTC to points intown due to better interstate access.

PTC is great--but, Coweta County should definitely not be overlooked (or overshadowed).

Old 06-30-2010, 12:45 PM

64 posts, read 214,960 times
Newnan might be a little farther from Atlanta than PTC but its not any faster Newnan u can just hop on the interstate Newnan is a great place to live I love it I have lived here for 15 years I guess I like here so much because its more of a average city I would never live in PTC most people there are snobby and think there better than everyone else if you have any questions about Newnan or Coweta County feel free to ask

Old 07-21-2010, 02:20 PM

5 posts, read 17,442 times
I live in Summergrove ;-)

There some houses for sale- the majority of them are due to job transfers (per the realtors). There are a lot of airline pilots and federal workers living here (military, homeland security, etc). There are also a lot of houses for sale because a local builder is developing many lots this summer, and most of them are listed already. There's at least 10+ on my street with 4 currently being built, and the rest being cleared and framed.

The HOA is VERY healthy- has a ridiculous reserve in the bank. They have really managed their money in the economic downturn.

The pools are great, and they just replaced most, if not all of the playgrounds. One of the fields is getting soccer goals and a baseball diamond.

We have good schools. One of the reasons we didn't pick PTC was 1) the TRAFFIC!, 2) access to I-85 is a breeze from SG, and 3) It's a stable community. I do not like reading about the crime coming in to PTC from Fayetteville or even Fulton County residents. At least our crime is local! LOL! Really, Newnan is "small town," hometown values... but with access to the big city.

Old 07-21-2010, 02:31 PM

32,019 posts, read 36,767,663 times
I sure love the golf course at Summergrove. Every time we play we talk about how nice it would be to live there.

Old 09-17-2010, 08:48 AM

1 posts, read 5,420 times
Default Summergrove is very nice

My parents purchased one of the townhouses in "Eastlake" in Summergrove, which is a smaller part of the Summergrove community (as my parents jokingly say on the "wrong" side of the tracks because the majority are smaller townhomes, although there are single homes within their neighborhood)

Eastlake is very nice, quiet, and well kept. My parents have lived there almost 2 years now and absolutely love it. Their townhouse is immaculate and the neighbors wonderful. Everyone knows everyone and is friendly. My father joined the "grounds" committee and attends the meetings each month; they do like to keep things looking a certain way (for example, you are not allowed to have more than so many birdhouses out front to avoid cluttering the property) so if you can live with that you will not mind the "rules" of the community.

The pools are immaculate; I am very sensitive to chlorine and try to avoid public pools. Having been in their "lazy river" many times I must attest that it is clean and well kept (if the chlorine level was off I would break out in massive hives and I have never had that happen to me there)

I saw that there are also many houses for sale; some of my parents neighbors are Delta pilots and stewardesses and they move/transfer quite a bit. One is moving out of state to care for elderly parents; another took a transfer to another branch of his company. It had nothing to do with be dissatisfied with Summergrove but again I can only speak for the Eastlake neighborhood.

Have never had any issues with commuting into Atlanta from Summergrove. I do have lots of patience in the car though so I always expect the worst in traffic but hope for the best!

The walking trails at Eastlake are gorgeous and well kept.

I would live in Eastlake/Summergrove in a heartbeat if I ever decide to move South!

Old 04-06-2013, 08:06 PM

13 posts, read 29,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by audrey77 View Post
I live in Summergrove ;-)

There some houses for sale- the majority of them are due to job transfers (per the realtors). There are a lot of airline pilots and federal workers living here (military, homeland security, etc). There are also a lot of houses for sale because a local builder is developing many lots this summer, and most of them are listed already. There's at least 10+ on my street with 4 currently being built, and the rest being cleared and framed.

The HOA is VERY healthy- has a ridiculous reserve in the bank. They have really managed their money in the economic downturn.

The pools are great, and they just replaced most, if not all of the playgrounds. One of the fields is getting soccer goals and a baseball diamond.

We have good schools. One of the reasons we didn't pick PTC was 1) the TRAFFIC!, 2) access to I-85 is a breeze from SG, and 3) It's a stable community. I do not like reading about the crime coming in to PTC from Fayetteville or even Fulton County residents. At least our crime is local! LOL! Really, Newnan is "small town," hometown values... but with access to the big city.

Hi, This sounds really good but it is 3 years old. Does anyone have any current reviews on Summergrove and the schools. Would appreciate any information.
Thanks.

Old 04-07-2013, 08:44 AM

48 posts, read 108,041 times
Schools in this area are still above average. Housing hit bottom about a year ago and is trending upward all over the area in the past year. I live in a large subdivision across from Summergrove and there are new homes going up in and all around us. The local economy is definitely on an up swing in the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: