Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 05:46 PM

9,124 posts, read 36,382,644 times

Advertisements

Crestmont and Bridgemill are just about the same distance from Exit 11 on 575 as we are- they're just to west, while we're to the east.

The schools aren't the highest ranked in the metro area, but they seem to be improving. I think the large influx of newcomers (especially those with $$), combined with the newer schools that have been built is raising the level of expectations and the performance. Our daughter is doing very well in school, and is doing the same level of work (or higher) that her cousins in some highly touted school districts in NJ are doing. She's also got much better facilities than they've got up there. I think you're going to see the schools in Cherokee County starting to be ranked up there with some of the often-mentioned schools in places like Cobb and Forsyth Counties- they're just getting off to a later start because the area is just starting to grow.

I don't think you'll have any real "safety" issues in any of the newer developments out that way- I'm sure there's the occasional break-in, etc., but I can tell you that there hasn't been anything to really "make the news", so to speak.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2007, 06:12 PM

157 posts, read 307,485 times
Bob thank you very much for the info. I think it seems like those areas would be good for for my wife and i. that is the type of atmosphere we are looking for. and i think the 45 min commute would be doable for that kind of quality of life.

45 mins from exit 11 to power ferrys road nw, would be fine.

now if its not and we move out there, i will let you know about it. : )

Old 10-29-2007, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skilletnice View Post

now if its not and we move out there, i will let you know about it. : )
Didn't you read my disclaimer? "Actual results may vary. We will not be held responsible for actual results which differ from those stated"....lol.

What you really want to do is make the drive during the actual times that you'll be commuting- sometimes leaving 15 minutes later or earlier can add 15 minutes to your commute. In general though, I think you'll be fine.

We moved up here with the same theory- the commute is worth it to be able to give our kids a great place to grow up, and also to get away from the areas that are all traffic all the time. Some places like Roswell may be slightly shorter commutes, but there seems to be traffic there 24/7- you can spend 20 minutes trying to run to the store for milk. At least my wife doesn't have to deal with that when she's running her errands, etc.

Old 10-29-2007, 06:34 PM

157 posts, read 307,485 times
alright sounds good to me. : )

if you can think of anything else i need to know please feel free to let me know. i appreciate all the help and information that you gave to us.

Old 10-29-2007, 06:38 PM

If you're planning a visit soon, drop me an email- we'll show you a good bbq restaurant up here..........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta