Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 12:36 AM
VJP

721 posts, read 1,728,737 times

Advertisements

Funny, I am indian, and my ex girlfriend was jamaican...here goes:

Jamaican food :

Negril Cafe, off of Jesse Hill Dr, near the church-ish district, not for the squeamish or the scared.

Indian food:

The palace, Peachtree pkway and holcomb bridge; madras bhavana - lawrenceville hwy and druid hills;

indian fast food:

Zyka, Scott BLvd, Decatur-ish

indian fusion:

Bhojanic, clairmont, south of the VA hospital, decatur-ish

Atlanta.citysearch.com to find any of those places.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2007, 07:37 PM

18 posts, read 80,332 times
Thanks PKCorey for the correction, i meant caribbean, but where i come from we refer to west indian as well. But yes i am refering to food like jamaican, trinidadian, etc....

Old 11-13-2007, 07:06 AM

61 posts, read 79,255 times
Default West Indian Jamaican Food

You guys don't seem to ever hit the Southside. You must be afraid of the hood, but sometimes the hood is where the heart is and the best Jamaican food can be found in the West End. Across from the West End Mall is Taste of the Tropical. Some of the best Jerk Chicken, Beef Patties, Roti, and Curry I've ever had. My co-worker is part-Jamaican from NY and he loves it, and ask me all the time when are we going again..........The jerk was so strong he had trouble with it........Now do not expect some glorified beautiful restaurant.....this is a hole in the wall, but people are constantly coming in and out. Rastas, and all Islanders are in and out of this place all day long. Also you can try Taste of the Caribbean on Lee St on the other side of the mall. It's pretty good too. Now in Riverdale there is a spot on HWY 138 near Taylor Rd called Jerk Palace Carribbean Food. You can't miss the big Green and Yellow sign. The Jerk is grilled on a fire grill and it is fantastic....Its the best caribbean in Clayton County. Has a good steady stream of traffic all day. If your up to it give these a try.

Old 11-13-2007, 07:17 AM
Noc

1,435 posts, read 2,069,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkskinman740 View Post
You guys don't seem to ever hit the Southside. You must be afraid of the hood, but sometimes the hood is where the heart is and the best Jamaican food can be found in the West End. Across from the West End Mall is Taste of the Tropical. Some of the best Jerk Chicken, Beef Patties, Roti, and Curry I've ever had. My co-worker is part-Jamaican from NY and he loves it, and ask me all the time when are we going again..........The jerk was so strong he had trouble with it........Now do not expect some glorified beautiful restaurant.....this is a hole in the wall, but people are constantly coming in and out. Rastas, and all Islanders are in and out of this place all day long. Also you can try Taste of the Caribbean on Lee St on the other side of the mall. It's pretty good too. Now in Riverdale there is a spot on HWY 138 near Taylor Rd called Jerk Palace Carribbean Food. You can't miss the big Green and Yellow sign. The Jerk is grilled on a fire grill and it is fantastic....Its the best caribbean in Clayton County. Has a good steady stream of traffic all day. If your up to it give these a try.
Maybe if it wasn't know as that more people would go. It's phrases like these that kill our community, figuratively speaking.

Old 11-18-2007, 03:54 PM

18 posts, read 80,332 times
darkskinman740 i will try your suggestion, thank you for the input

Old 05-11-2008, 01:00 PM

1 posts, read 3,778 times
I found this web site it is pretty up to date with West Indian groceries and entertainment in Georgia I didn't see any restaurants though but lots of other great information check it out

[url=http://westindianent.blogspot.com]West Indian Entertainment[/url]

Old 05-11-2008, 10:23 PM

424 posts, read 1,676,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoveDiva View Post
That's the place I'm referring to! The owners moved here from Lauderhill (South Florida). The right side of the restaurant is a makeshift store...the left side has tables and what have you.

Nextdoor is a tire repair shop.

I love the place...it's the only place I can find Buckley's cough syrup here in on the west side of Metro Atlanta....and GOOD chicken patties and coco bread.

Since you brought it up, I find Buckley's at both Rite Aid and Walgreen's stores in Marietta. The chest congestion version looks like it is made in the USA while the cough suppressant version hails from Canada.

Old 05-12-2008, 01:21 AM

2,330 posts, read 4,402,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Unless Atlanta has changed in the 4 years since I lived there (lived there for over a decade) there are many excellent Indian resteraunts, it being one of my favorite ethnic varieties of food. North of Doraville is an Indian community for heaven's sake. You need to get outside the beltway or Buckhead a few times. Trust me, I've had Indian food in NYC, Indian food in London, and Indian food in India. Atlanta ain't bad at all.
Um.. The OP said West Indian(Jamaica, Trinidad-Tobago, Guyana, and other Islands in the Caribbean) not the true word Indian from India..

Old 05-13-2008, 06:34 AM

9 posts, read 32,095 times
Carribean Fiesta is awesome. They also have one off of Jimmy Carter Blvd near 85

Old 05-13-2008, 06:53 AM

23,462 posts, read 44,090,617 times
We are regulars at Coco Loco on Sidney Marcus Blvd and really enjoy it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta