Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2013, 11:22 AM

15 posts, read 26,341 times

Advertisements

Crime in Marietta is it mostly were ppl rent/townhomes/condos? If you buy a home is it less chance of crime were ppl do not rent?
Thanks for any opinions
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2013, 02:38 PM

59 posts, read 108,933 times
?

Old 04-27-2013, 01:34 PM

6 posts, read 10,403 times
nope,plain and simple!people rob and steal and kill no matter where or how they live.people who live in a closer proximity to each other just have better opportunity to do it,and i live in chicago now and i know many folks whove lived in housing projects all thier lives and never been robbed or raped or the other crap you hear about coming outta the jects.but then i know a few who have homes (in atl.and chi-town)who have robbed and stolen!

Old 04-27-2013, 04:01 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,948,820 times
Well Marietta can be considered East Cobb, which is acknowledged as one of the safer Atlanta metro areas. Even pricey Milton, where I live, has some pockets of crime, and yes, they seem to be in complex areas. You can call the local PD to check out a particular complex, but, in general, Marietta would be called safe. Actually, I think a huge proportion of the metro is safe.

Old 04-28-2013, 09:43 AM

1,039 posts, read 2,425,743 times
I don't really understand your question completely, but you seem to be asking about crime.

If I were buying a condo in Marietta which would be a good place to buy for the most part, I would go there in my car at night after dark and observe for a while. I would go on a Saturday night or a weeknight to see how quiet or not it was. During daytime hours, I would also go to an area I want to buy in and try to talk to some of the people there to see if they like living there. Most of that area is fine, but you need to drive around a lot and observe things at different times just to see for yourself.

Not all HOAs are run well and condos can have very expensive problems. I would also hire a realtor who knows the area well and work them before buying.

Old 04-29-2013, 06:27 AM

5,242 posts, read 6,237,327 times
Simple. Mo people = mo problems.

Old 04-29-2013, 06:32 AM

3,913 posts, read 5,228,742 times
check out crimespot.com....enter the zip code or area you are interested in.....and yes, crime tends to be higher OVERALL, NOT EXLUSIVELY, in apartments and other high-density areas....particularly when it comes to rentals.....just a fact....

Don't know of too many people in Milton, living in those homes, that want to tear up the place, rob the trendy restaurants of their choosing and tap a Bank of America branch just because.....nope....I'd say that if one finds themselves in Marietta, near apartments, expect a few more "issues" or, as the news at 5 likes to call it, "another unfortunate incident....."

Move to say...Burnt Hickory and you are probably going to see quite a bit less of that....just sayin'....could b me but, I doubt it.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta