Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2013, 06:53 AM

1,697 posts, read 2,249,847 times

Advertisements

They've been paying janitors up to something like 27 an hour so I'd say this is a step in the right direction. Remember, NYC is one of the most expensive cities in the world and Atlanta is one of the cheapest in the country. I'd drive a bus for that pay and the benefits that come along with it.

Old 05-18-2013, 06:59 AM

And why do we have to keep all the Marta stuff in one thread. Seriously, was anyone bothered by having separate threads? Right now there are several conversations going on on this page and ALL of them will be interrupted by each other.

Old 05-18-2013, 08:39 AM

259 posts, read 394,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY2ATL2NY View Post
Ummm I Just read in the previous Thread that was closed that MARTA is hiring bus drivers at A Top out pay of
19.64/Hour??? Are U Kidding Me??? Im only a SECURITY GUARD and I Was STARTED at 19.75 an Hour....With A couple Liscences Im Pursuing Currently Ill be at 23 Bucks an Hour! Yes I live In New York Now but Damn Start pay is 13.68/Hour and finish at less than 20 bucks to put up with The Ghetto ass Folks who ride the Buses is a JOKE!!! I wonder how much the Train Operators make! LOL...Bus drivers Here in at MTA top out at around 30 Bucks an Hour and Start at 20....Cmon MARTA I wud Like to think you guys can do better than That!
NYC is immensely more expensive to live in. You can get a decent apartment alone not too far from the city on $15/hour here with no kids.

You aren't living anywhere near the city on less then $35/hour in NYC without making sacrifices in living arrangements with roommates, the hood, renting a single room or a tiny space. $30/hour single in ATL could put you anywhere you want in a safe area with roommates and decent to large space.

You can also forget about buying on anything less then close to 6 figures in NYC if want to be within an hour of the city near something other than commuter rail. Even that's a stretch.

You can't directly compare the wages here to NYC. If you want bring up Dallas's Dart System and compare wages that would be much more apples to apples.

Old 05-18-2013, 09:41 AM

32,026 posts, read 36,788,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey86 View Post
And why do we have to keep all the Marta stuff in one thread. Seriously, was anyone bothered by having separate threads? Right now there are several conversations going on on this page and ALL of them will be interrupted by each other.
It didn't bother me to have separate threads. MARTA is a complex subject.

Trying to put all MARTA discussions in one thread is very confusing.

Old 05-18-2013, 03:45 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,889,276 times
Quote:

ALL of the MARTA topics are not being put into one thread - see the 1st post for the list that belongs here. And yes, there were complaints.

Sorry, but this is not the MARTA room, and at points we got to where someone would post a separate thread for every single MARTA topic they could creatively come up with - meaning, A LOT. For now, see that 1st post for a list of what belongs in here.

Old 05-19-2013, 12:01 AM

What isn't covered on that first post? We should start a poll for this one. A lot of us think they should be separate. I don't think any significant number of people disagree, no one on this site keeps their opinion to themselves, we would've heard from them.

Old 05-19-2013, 04:25 PM

5,845 posts, read 6,159,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantagreg30127 View Post
ALL of the MARTA topics are not being put into one thread - see the 1st post for the list that belongs here. And yes, there were complaints.

Sorry, but this is not the MARTA room, and at points we got to where someone would post a separate thread for every single MARTA topic they could creatively come up with - meaning, A LOT. For now, see that 1st post for a list of what belongs in here.
I still don't understand why, if this is a problem, MARTA can't get its own subforum.

Old 05-20-2013, 05:57 AM

10,974 posts, read 10,875,645 times
Quote:
What isn't covered on that first post? We should start a poll for this one. A lot of us think they should be separate. I don't think any significant number of people disagree, no one on this site keeps their opinion to themselves, we would've heard from them.
I agree. I mean if someone posts a MARTA related topic (or any other for that matter) that no one cares about it will fall off the front page. The benefit of a forum is having all these separate topics that can keep simultaneous conversations going in a organized manner. If you see a topic you don't care about, you don't have to click on it.

What is the concern here? That someone will have to go to the second page to find the topic they are looking for because there is some flood of MARTA threads? I really never have noticed that many. And if there are duplicate threads on MARTA or anything else then they should be deleted anyways.

Old 05-20-2013, 06:04 AM

4,790 posts, read 6,875,132 times
it seems to me that this thread should be a MARTA questions and complaints thread rather than a catch-all. there are some interesting topics that will probably be overlooked.

Old 05-20-2013, 09:38 AM

9,191 posts, read 33,889,276 times
Ok.. fine. This thread is closed. Post completely separate topics about everything related to MARTA.

There are actually more than a couple of people within this thread that spearheaded the idea, who complained about how, "The Atlanta room is becoming a MARTA topics room" more than a few times, but who now seem to dislike the fact that their wishes were being considered and they have to consolidate like everyone else. Again, fine, people want to be able to post separate topics about every single thing that relates to MARTA, and so be it - you have it back. But unless MARTA actually incorporates itself into an actual city, sorry no, it will most likely not get it's own room.

But please, do not send me private DMs about how the room is being overrun with MARTA topics and how "You need to do something about it". We see where that went. Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta