Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2024, 11:32 AM

23,466 posts, read 44,100,317 times

Advertisements

This news I find rather unsurprising, as I was well aware of (Atlanta Division) Krogers' downhill slide well before I moved from Atlanta in 2018. Jaw-droppingly rude and arrogant employees, inept service, dirty floors, frequent understocking of popular items. It seemed at times that they were trying to run off customers. The best anecdote came from my DH, who was there when the loudspeaker announced that all employees must report immediately to the manager's office for a 'team conditioning meeting' (Whatever TH that is). The cashiers to a one walked away from their registers, leaving the customers twisting in the wind. A single assistant manager remained, bouncing from register to register to deal with the chaos.
Well, it seems that the chickens have finally come home to roost, and I'm frankly enjoying a little Schadenfreude over the fact that the media and Atlanta City Council now have them in their crosshairs:

https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/kro...-makes-changes

Kroger is stamping its feet over the denial of the liquor license at the Metropolitan Parkway location; City Council, in the face of numerous complaints about the store (including some from one of the Council members that used to shop there) is telling them to clean up their act.
With typical Kroger hubris, the Kroger representative announced that they have always acted within the bounds of 'legal requirements'. God forbid they exceed the bare minimum.
Kroger has long had a reputation for treating stores in low-income areas like second-class citizens, and usually they get away with it because they're located in a food desert.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2024, 12:25 PM

497 posts, read 293,416 times
Good. I had enough bad experiences at both of the Krogers on Cascade to completely stop going. The Publix half a mile up the road is way better. Its a shame how some of these businesses treat these neighborhoods, all for them to shut their doors later when people get tired of it and stop going.

Old 04-24-2024, 01:26 PM

8,486 posts, read 15,002,372 times
This Kroger hasn't been bad for a few years. Since it's opening, locals refer to it as "Kroger {insert cuss word that rhymes with city here} Center". It's not even fun like Murder Kroger was either.

Old 04-24-2024, 01:48 PM

7,358 posts, read 6,529,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
This Kroger hasn't been bad for a few years. Since it's opening, locals refer to it as "Kroger {insert cuss word that rhymes with city here} Center". It's not even fun like Murder Kroger was either.
The other cuss word Kroger is only Memorial at Columbia and also lives up to the reputation. Somehow I thought there was only one of them.

Old 04-24-2024, 05:37 PM

32,026 posts, read 36,796,625 times
Kroger needs to up its game at certain stores.

They also need to do something about policing the carts that knuckleheads leave sitting around at random in their parking lots. It's a sad state of affairs when a man can't take 30 seconds to roll his cart back to the corral, but when the store knows about it they need to take steps to get this under control. You are just begging for somebody's car to get scratched.

Old 04-24-2024, 08:12 PM

280 posts, read 169,527 times
In our area we literally found expired kid's yogurt on the shelf. Let management know and they said they'd take care of it. Went back a few days later and it was still there.

Old 04-24-2024, 11:00 PM

16,701 posts, read 29,532,605 times
In the late 80s, Kroger was the chic grocery store of Metro Atlanta.

Publix entered the Metro Atlanta market (via fashionable East Cobb) in 1992.

Old Yesterday, 11:35 AM

1,917 posts, read 1,279,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
I don't get it.

Old Yesterday, 11:37 AM

1,917 posts, read 1,279,709 times
I personally shop at Publix or the farmer's market.

I despise Krogers. I swear their employees act like the customers work for them, and I constantly find expired items on their shelves.

Old Yesterday, 11:39 AM

20,341 posts, read 19,930,346 times
My wife and I live in a suburb outside of Knoxville and we have two Krogers at our disposal and both are clean and staffed with nothing but friendly, helpful employees. Although we have also have a Publix, Kroger is our go-to for groceries.

I always give them high ratings, in all categories, when I fill out the surveys.

IMO management sets the tone of the establishment and corporate should start there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: