Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2013, 09:21 AM

2 posts, read 3,203 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I will be relocating to the Atlanta area at the end of this year(2013). It will be myself, wife, and 2 young daughters. We are trying to find a great diverse area OTP to raise our kids. I have a BS in Computer Information Systems. My wife has a BA in Broadcast Journalism. We own a small entertainment company in the Midwest. We are looking to expand our business. As of now, we both work regular jobs also. My wife's job will transfer her to the Atlanta area.

1. Budget- $700-900/month
2. House/Condo/Townhome? Apart/Townhome/Condo
3. Employment Status(commute/work from home)- Wife will transfer with her job
4. Children(public school vs. private)-public
5. Suburban or Urban lifestyle preference or a mix of the two-Suburban
6. Easy access to public transit, important or not?-We have plenty of vehicles
7. Preferable demographics of desired neighborhood.-Diverse

THANKS IN ADAVANCE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2013, 11:49 AM

10,400 posts, read 11,579,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMES CALDWELL View Post
Hi,
I will be relocating to the Atlanta area at the end of this year(2013). It will be myself, wife, and 2 young daughters. We are trying to find a great diverse area OTP to raise our kids. I have a BS in Computer Information Systems. My wife has a BA in Broadcast Journalism. We own a small entertainment company in the Midwest. We are looking to expand our business. As of now, we both work regular jobs also. My wife's job will transfer her to the Atlanta area.

1. Budget- $700-900/month
2. House/Condo/Townhome? Apart/Townhome/Condo
3. Employment Status(commute/work from home)- Wife will transfer with her job
4. Children(public school vs. private)-public
5. Suburban or Urban lifestyle preference or a mix of the two-Suburban
6. Easy access to public transit, important or not?-We have plenty of vehicles
7. Preferable demographics of desired neighborhood.-Diverse

THANKS IN ADAVANCE
...In what part of Metro Atlanta will you and your wife be working?

The part of the metro area where you and your wife will be working is important because of Metro Atlanta's notorious rush hour commutes.

It will be important to locate as relatively close to your jobs as possible (in the same general part of the metro area where your jobs are located) so that you will not have to spend a very-large chunk of your days (and your lives) fighting through what can sometimes be very-severe traffic congestion to get to and from work.

Start your search with your rush hour commutes in mind and then go from there.

Old 06-23-2013, 03:07 PM

2 posts, read 3,203 times
We don't know the exact area but she thinks its going to be in Gwinnett County.

Old 06-23-2013, 05:16 PM

If your wife is going to be working in Gwinnett County and you want a diverse area with a budget of $700-900 monthly for a apartment/condo/townhome, the Peachtree Corners area (within the Norcross High School feeder zone/cluster) of Gwinnett is one of the places that immediately comes to mind.

The Norcross High School feeder zone is one of the most diverse school feeder zones in a county in Gwinnett that is one of the most-diverse counties in the entire nation.

The ultra-diverse Norcross High School feeder zone is anchored by the ultra-diverse Norcross High School which is an excellent with lots of community support, particularly lots of monetary support from many of the school's more well-heeled supporters as exemplified by the school's Norcross Foundation, the school's academic financial supporting fundraising arm.
Norcross High School Foundation for Excellence - Home

Though, keep-in-mind that Gwinnett County is a relatively large area that encompasses nearly 430 square miles and 843,000 people so that means that you may need to adjust your search according to where she will be working within the large suburban county so as to minimize the effects of her rush hour commutes.

With that in mind, Duluth (Duluth and Peachtree Ridge HS feeder zones), Suwanee (North Gwinnett, Lanier and Collins Hill feeder zones), Buford (Buford City independent school district, Mill Creek HS feeder zone), Lawrenceville (Collins Hill, Mountain View and Archer HS feeder zones), Lilburn (Parkview HS feeder zone), Snellville (Brookwood HS feeder zone) and Grayson/Gwinnett side of Loganville (in the Grayson HS feeder zone) are also really good places to look depending on where your wife will be working within the county.

Here is a link to an Atlanta Journal-Constitution (the AJC, Metro Atlanta's main daily newspaper) search page for apartments in Gwinnett County roughly in your desired price range of $700-900 monthly (the search parameters of the page only allow for a search between $500-1000 so that's why dwellings above $900/monthly are included):
Atlanta Homes for Sale | Atlanta Journal Constitution

Here is a link to an AJC search page for condos and townhomes in Gwinnett County roughly in your desired price range of $700-900 monthly (only 3 results):

Here is a link to an AJC search page for rental homes (a category that will include many condos and townhomes) in Gwinnett County roughly in your desired price range of $700-900 monthly:

Good luck on your search and I hope that you and your family find what you are looking for.

Old 06-23-2013, 06:15 PM

13,704 posts, read 21,989,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Roll View Post
If your wife is going to be working in Gwinnett County and you want a diverse area with a budget of $700-900 monthly for a apartment/condo/townhome, the Peachtree Corners area (within the Norcross High School feeder zone/cluster) of Gwinnett is one of the places that immediately comes to mind.

The Norcross High School feeder zone is one of the most diverse school feeder zones in a county in Gwinnett that is one of the most-diverse counties in the entire nation.

The ultra-diverse Norcross High School feeder zone is anchored by the ultra-diverse Norcross High School which is an excellent with lots of community support, particularly lots of monetary support from many of the school's more well-heeled supporters as exemplified by the school's Norcross Foundation, the school's academic financial supporting fundraising arm.
Norcross High School Foundation for Excellence - Home

Though, keep-in-mind that Gwinnett County is a relatively large area that encompasses nearly 430 square miles and 843,000 people so that means that you may need to adjust your search according to where she will be working within the large suburban county so as to minimize the effects of her rush hour commutes.

With that in mind, Duluth (Duluth and Peachtree Ridge HS feeder zones), Suwanee (North Gwinnett, Lanier and Collins Hill feeder zones), Buford (Buford City independent school district, Mill Creek HS feeder zone), Lawrenceville (Collins Hill, Mountain View and Archer HS feeder zones), Lilburn (Parkview HS feeder zone), Snellville (Brookwood HS feeder zone) and Grayson/Gwinnett side of Loganville (in the Grayson HS feeder zone) are also really good places to look depending on where your wife will be working within the county.

Here is a link to an Atlanta Journal-Constitution (the AJC, Metro Atlanta's main daily newspaper) search page for apartments in Gwinnett County roughly in your desired price range of $700-900 monthly (the search parameters of the page only allow for a search between $500-1000 so that's why dwellings above $900/monthly are included):

Here is a link to an AJC search page for condos and townhomes in Gwinnett County roughly in your desired price range of $700-900 monthly (only 3 results):

Here is a link to an AJC search page for rental homes (a category that will include many condos and townhomes) in Gwinnett County roughly in your desired price range of $700-900 monthly:

Good luck on your search and I hope that you and your family find what you are looking for.
I think somebody works for the Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce, or maybe PR for the school board! LOL!

Old 06-23-2013, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
I think somebody works for the Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce, or maybe PR for the school board! LOL!

...Nope, just telling the original poster what they wanted and needed to know about Gwinnett County where his wife would be working.

Since it is not necessarily known where exactly in Gwinnett County his wife will be working, I had to talk in a somewhat very-broad generalization about a very-large urban/suburban county.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta