Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2013, 01:20 PM

23,438 posts, read 44,044,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
Another embarrassing story that puts Atlanta in the negative light nation wide...Soon, people are going to be grouping Atlanta with Detroit and Chicago.
Like these cities have a monopoly on such crimes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2013, 01:22 PM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,286,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Agreed.

It's amazing that people can be arrested a zillion times -- often for violent offenses -- and put right back on the street.
That's what happens when you fill the jails with non-violent weed offenders and street violinists.

Old 06-24-2013, 01:36 PM

4,862 posts, read 7,958,911 times
Those $180.00 shoes allow many people employment and/or income down the food chain. For those who complain about people spending the money look around your home and take notice what you spend your money on. Do you use credit or do you pay cash for everything?

As you judge be prepared to be judged..

Old 06-24-2013, 01:36 PM

32,019 posts, read 36,759,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
That's what happens when you fill the jails with non-violent weed offenders and street violinists.
Agreed. It's ridiculous to waste time on nonviolent pot offenders.

Although I worry that the problem with "revolving door" violent criminals may go beyond that.

Old 06-24-2013, 01:50 PM

50,234 posts, read 46,991,184 times
That was some decent shooting and he didn't even hold it sideways!

Old 06-24-2013, 02:08 PM

1,317 posts, read 1,639,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
That was some decent shooting and he didn't even hold it sideways!

creep

Old 06-24-2013, 02:10 PM

23,438 posts, read 44,044,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltovegas View Post
Those $180.00 shoes allow many people employment and/or income down the food chain. For those who complain about people spending the money look around your home and take notice what you spend your money on. Do you use credit or do you pay cash for everything?

I haven't used a credit card in years. Can I judge now?

Old 06-24-2013, 02:30 PM

924 posts, read 1,455,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltovegas View Post

Outside of my mortgage I pay cash for everything.

Old 06-24-2013, 02:34 PM

7,132 posts, read 9,127,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Like these cities have a monopoly on such crimes.
It's because it's been a cascade of negative stories lately about Atlanta....first, we have that mall cop incident that went nationwide...possibly worldwide right in the middle of Downtown Atlanta...like seriously...just makes Atlanta look ghetto.

Then we have this...Just soooo ghetto...You don't see cities like Dallas or Houston having incidents like this that become nationwide.

Old 06-24-2013, 02:37 PM

259 posts, read 393,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samiwas1 View Post
Eeeeeeexactly. No one knows what he was going to do. He was running the other direction. He wasn't pointing his gun at anyone anymore, thus not a threat at that time.

So lets take the risk that he wont and hope he doesn't shoot us?

Quote:
I have absolutely no problem with the shooter having his gun pointed at the guy, finger on the trigger, ready to take him out if he makes any move indicating that he planned another attack. But to shoot him in the back while he's running away, nope. I don't have the same "take out the thug" mentality that many do. Sorry about that.
So the threat only counts when in this instance no other? Otherwise all is safe and good? We don't know if he was running away. You are making an assumption that could have cost innocent lives.

I value the lives of people who don't hold guns to folks heads. Quit trying to give this guy rights he forfeited when he threaten to blow everyones brains out over a few dollars.

Quote:
EDIT: At what point would you determine the guy wasn't a threat any more. If the shooter saw the guy on the sidewalk the next day, could he just shoot and kill him knowing that the day before he threatened lives?
I wouldn't care. That is like saying if you saw a murderer or serial child rapist walking down the street does he have the right to not get shot. I am sure you think he isn't a threat anymore because he isn't rapping or murdering at that time. I am not saying I would do, but I sure as hell would not bat an eye if victim or a friend or relative of a victim did. Good riddance. Quit trying to protect scum who could give two sh*ts about your life and would take it for a dollar if they could.

Quote:
Also: don't think that I'm fully supporting the robber guy here.
You totally are. Your logic is the serial killer isn't a threat if he is the library reading when you happen to see it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta