Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2013, 07:42 PM

259 posts, read 393,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
I agree...Theft is not a capital offence...Anyone who thinks that someone should be shot for stealing their STUFF...is a shallow idiot who is full of insecurity - spite and loathing for human beings in general.
Someone should be shot for threatening the life of other people for the stuff. That person is a danger to innocent lives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2013, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTL3000 View Post
The fact that these shoes can be traded for profit on some sort of Ghetto Commodities Exchange does not make the phenomena any less absurd. The hysteria around Beanie Babies is absurd. I know damn well folks turn a profit off reselling these gaudy-a$$ shoes.

That should make you lose your faith in humanity.
"Ghetto Commodities"?

You should seriously check your privilege and stereotypes man.

People collect stuff. Grow up.

Old 06-23-2013, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
My thought exactly. Thank you for expressing it to the oh-so-above-it-alls that have begun posting on here.
Check your privilege. People collect stuff.

Old 06-23-2013, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tewest86 View Post
All this PC stuff is funny. I know this is about the robbery. Buy I know my people. About 90% of the people in that line don't need to be there. It's blacks with the lowest incomes making some other black rich. It baffles me. My dad can explain it better than me. I'm a 27 yr old black guy. I see this crap here. You on government assistance but you buying your kid these shoes. I wish I could help my people.
I don't know how it is in Slidell but most blacks here are middle class and can afford to not spend $30 on shoes.

Even then, this is for reselling to collectors and not actual wearing.

Old 06-23-2013, 07:53 PM

2,590 posts, read 4,521,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strangejelly View Post
People collect stuff.
True, but I've never heard of anybody shooting someone over baseballs cards or stamps or even Nascar memorabilia.

Old 06-23-2013, 08:05 PM

858 posts, read 1,382,749 times
Quote:
True, but I've never heard of anybody shooting someone over baseballs cards or stamps or even Nascar memorabilia.
First result in Google:

Quote:
Joseph Gordon, 49 years old, was found guilty Tuesday of the fatal December 1991 shooting of Daniel Pack, an Armonk physician. Prosecutors said Mr. Pack had bought $70,000 worth of baseball cards from Mr. Gordon's Sports Collectibles shop in Nanuet. They said that when Mr. Pack demanded his money back after learning that the cards were worth only a fraction of what he paid, Mr. Gordon shot him.
Baseball Card Dealer Convicted in Doctor's Death - NYTimes.com

Old 06-23-2013, 08:15 PM

1,389 posts, read 989,127 times
Quote:
I don't know how it is in Slidell but most blacks here are middle class and can afford to not spend $30 on shoes.

Even then, this is for reselling to collectors and not actual wearing.
So instead of $180, your only choice is $30? If you actually think its the middle class standing in line for these things then I have beach front property in Kansas for sale.

Old 06-23-2013, 08:20 PM

Quote:
You didn't read the article or listen to the report.

Old 06-23-2013, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tewest86 View Post
So instead of $180, your only choice is $30? If you actually think its the middle class standing in line for these things then I have beach front property in Kansas for sale.
"Even then, this is very likely for reselling to collectors and not actual wearing."

Old 06-23-2013, 08:56 PM

5,633 posts, read 5,339,855 times
Quote:
Someone should be shot for threatening the life of other people for the stuff. That person is a danger to innocent lives.
Shooting someone is a legitimate response if they are actively threatening you. If this guy had been shot while threatening the people in line, that would be one thing. But wasn't he shot after leaving and running across the street?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta