Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2013, 05:01 AM

1 posts, read 931 times

Advertisements

Here is the deal...... My husband will be working for DeKalb police and I'm processing with College Park Fire DEPT. He does not want to stay in DeKalb county because the areas are horrible I guess.

I would like a 3 story townhome but I see most of them are for sale. SO AN APARTMENT IT IS!

We want to stay in a good area. Some have told us that Lithonia would be a good area near the mall. I'm not too sure.

I don't mind a little traffic and a commute of 35 minutes.
We want a 2 bedroom but A 1 bedroom would work.
NO CHILFREN AND 1,000.00 MAX RENT.
GOOD CREDIT. I LIKE ROOM SO SQ FT IS A MUST

Last edited by blessedIAM45; 07-20-2013 at 05:11 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2013, 12:35 PM

10,392 posts, read 11,481,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedIAM45 View Post
Here is the deal...... My husband will be working for DeKalb police and I'm processing with College Park Fire DEPT. He does not want to stay in DeKalb county because the areas are horrible I guess.

I would like a 3 story townhome but I see most of them are for sale. SO AN APARTMENT IT IS!

We want to stay in a good area. Some have told us that Lithonia would be a good area near the mall. I'm not too sure.

I don't mind a little traffic and a commute of 35 minutes.
We want a 2 bedroom but A 1 bedroom would work.
NO CHILFREN AND 1,000.00 MAX RENT.
GOOD CREDIT. I LIKE ROOM SO SQ FT IS A MUST
The Mall at Stonecrest area in Lithonia is in DeKalb County.

There are some decent apartments in the vicinity of Stonecrest Mall, but the Lithonia area along with the county that it is located in (DeKalb County) has had some substantial issues with governance and public safety as of late, which is likely why your husband does not want to stay in the county, which is very understandable.

Old 07-20-2013, 01:23 PM

10,392 posts, read 11,481,750 times
Also, there are likely plenty of 3-story rental townhomes to be found but not necessarily within your price range of $1,000 per month and less.

You might have a problem finding a 3-story townhome to rent in the price range of $1,000 per month and under.

Here is a listing to a 3-story townhome in Clarkston in DeKalb County for rent for $1,000 per month. The townhome is located off of East Ponce De Leon and Brockett Road near the junction of I-285 East and US 78 Stone Mountain Freeway:
3736 Prescott Ridge Cir | Dekalb County Rentals Home for rentals Details

It would also likely help to expand your search to encompass a larger area that includes much more of DeKalb County (South DeKalb, Central DeKalb, North DeKalb, and both inside and outside I-285), as well as nearby areas of Gwinnett and Rockdale counties.

Here is a link to the Homefinder rental listings of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution for $1,000 per month and under. You can look through these listings (490 pages in all) and see if you find anything that you might like both in terms of apartments and townhomes. The listings also include detached single-family homes:
Georgia GA Homes for rentals | Atlanta Journal Constitution

Old 07-20-2013, 04:34 PM

3,421 posts, read 5,216,453 times
The Brockett Road area is rough. I wouldn't recommend it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta