Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 12:53 PM

4,848 posts, read 11,811,272 times

Advertisements

Do you need a 1 bedroom or can you share a 2 bedroom or a house w/some people? You can find roomates on craigslist.com or roomates.com or any of those roomate-finder sites. I know many people who are paying $400-500 for a bedroom in a house. I even have friends (including my then-girlfriend) who paid $250-300 for a room in a 3bd apartment if you're willing to move out to a place like Smyrna or Norcross.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2007, 05:26 PM

40 posts, read 285,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamespeterson View Post
Man thats alot of money $900?

I'm trying to find apartment that can cost me atleast 400 a month or 500 a month.
The only places like that may be rooming houses although the neighborhoods aint that great. Places to stay away from would be anywhere near Bankhead Highway. That place will have you locked down to where you can't leave with a sane mind.
The best apartment I lived in was Hidden Woods Apartments in College Park, which is a suburb of Atlanta. But the reason I left there was because they kept changing management and allowed too many people on Section 8 to move. That brought problems so I decided to leave. OPther than that it was good. If you can deal with the changes all the time then maybe this is for you. One bedrooms are 499-560 a month.

Old 11-19-2007, 06:12 PM

179 posts, read 557,569 times
When we first moved to Atlanta a little over 3 years ago, we rented a 1 bedroom 'retro' apartment for just under $600 in the Virginia-Highlands area. There are smaller, locally-owned complexes in the area that rent for around $500 a month, but you get what you pay for. There are no swimming pools, no dishwashers, no washer/dryer in unit, etc. They are 1950s apartments that really haven't been updated since the 1950s, but they are functional and if you're lucky, you can find a place that will let you have a 6 month lease until you figure out where you really want to live. Our apartment was on Greenwood Ave., and we looked at several others off of Briarcliff. Check Craigslist as well. You'd be surprised what you can find when you venture away from the mega-complexes listed by others, but it does take a bit more work on your part to find the right place. My advice is to come down for a week if you can and crash on a friend or relative's couch and go house-hunting. It's the best way to get a feel for the areas and find a place to live.

Old 11-19-2007, 11:34 PM

40 posts, read 285,737 times
Creative Loafing is another good one to check. I used to look there.

Old 12-06-2007, 03:38 AM

19 posts, read 87,747 times
Thanks for the advice guys,the reason I said around 400-500 month is because of my budget but however that apartment be only temporay and ill be their for ATLEAST two months,then I can move to a house or apartment i have said enough money to afford that.

And I found a VER VERY VERY good job in atlanta that is gonna pay me good money i just need a place to live while I work there(not like i was gonna live in the apartments for a year)in matter of fact since I got the job(according to the owner)the apartment place i should stay may mean i may stay their for a month.

And can someone link me,places to apartments website?I seen one site but 900 still too much.

Old 12-06-2007, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualM View Post
When we first moved to Atlanta a little over 3 years ago, we rented a 1 bedroom 'retro' apartment for just under $600 in the Virginia-Highlands area. There are smaller, locally-owned complexes in the area that rent for around $500 a month, but you get what you pay for. There are no swimming pools, no dishwashers, no washer/dryer in unit, etc. They are 1950s apartments that really haven't been updated since the 1950s, but they are functional and if you're lucky, you can find a place that will let you have a 6 month lease until you figure out where you really want to live. Our apartment was on Greenwood Ave., and we looked at several others off of Briarcliff. Check Craigslist as well. You'd be surprised what you can find when you venture away from the mega-complexes listed by others, but it does take a bit more work on your part to find the right place. My advice is to come down for a week if you can and crash on a friend or relative's couch and go house-hunting. It's the best way to get a feel for the areas and find a place to live.
Agree I been only hunting for a week,at atlanta and the thing is i dont plan on living in these apartments for ever.

Its just temporay because of my job,but after i get my first check from my job then ill buy a car and move to a house.

Old 12-06-2007, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parsec View Post
Do you need a 1 bedroom or can you share a 2 bedroom or a house w/some people? You can find roomates on craigslist.com or roomates.com or any of those roomate-finder sites. I know many people who are paying $400-500 for a bedroom in a house. I even have friends (including my then-girlfriend) who paid $250-300 for a room in a 3bd apartment if you're willing to move out to a place like Smyrna or Norcross.
YES THAT PRICE IS EXACTLY WHAT I AM LOOKING FOR!!!!!!

and can you give me the information on places like smyrna or norcross?

Old 12-06-2007, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
Where do you think you're moving to- rural Arkansas?? This is a major metropolitan area, and the rents reflect that- you could possibly find something for $400-500/month, but you'd be living in a roach-infested slum and would need to sleep with one eye open. You really need to re-think your finances and figure out how to come up with some more $$ for rent, or start looking for a roommate.
Yeah that is the problem I dont want to live in some slum,i just wanted a good place,most apartmets seem to be 900+.

And any that are atleast 600 a month and in good environment?

And the apartment is only for a little while.

Old 01-19-2008, 05:06 PM

45 posts, read 151,105 times
Try looking on rent.com or apartments. com and search in the Smyrna or Norcross area codes. Or, try Craigslist so you can get an idea of what going prices are in these areas. I just moved here (two days ago) and found my place by searching all over the internet, in forums, and on websites. You need to do your homework before moving here, or you will suffer as a result. Be prepared for the commute, the water bill, and the extra cost for just about anything.

Good luck to you! I'd get that job offer in writing before you move here, or you'll run through that $5000 really fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamespeterson View Post
YES THAT PRICE IS EXACTLY WHAT I AM LOOKING FOR!!!!!!

and can you give me the information on places like smyrna or norcross?

Old 01-19-2008, 08:25 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,883,354 times
If it's only for a couple of months, you can stay in one of those extended stay hotels. Some of them are as low as $150 a month but that includes everything - utilities, house cleaning, etc. There are limits to how long you can stay in them but maybe they'll go as long as two months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta