Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2013, 02:07 PM

4,758 posts, read 5,384,139 times

Advertisements

This Jewish guy Arthur Blank is perhaps the most influential Atlantan right now. Just today Home Depot profits are surging, and his company stock is a leader in the financial world. I admire Arthur Blank because of his passion and vision for the City of Atlanta. I think many have forgotten that he also donated alot of his money toward the new music hall that was never built near the Arts Center. Why all may not agree with the new Stadium, I'm happy that a billionaire is determined to invest money and vision in a city that badly needs it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2013, 02:21 PM

7,112 posts, read 10,082,512 times
I admire Bernie Marcus more. Arthur Blank is a control freak.

Old 08-20-2013, 03:20 PM

8,468 posts, read 14,900,224 times
As far as private citizens go it is close tie between Blank and Sam Massell. Obviously though, Mayor Reed is the strongest leader in the city at the moment since he has political power and a amicable working relationship with the State government.

Old 08-20-2013, 04:09 PM

23,302 posts, read 43,751,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlwarrior View Post
This Jewish guy Arthur Blank is perhaps the most influential Atlantan right now. Just today Home Depot profits are surging, and his company stock is a leader in the financial world. I admire Arthur Blank because of his passion and vision for the City of Atlanta. I think many have forgotten that he also donated alot of his money toward the new music hall that was never built near the Arts Center. Why all may not agree with the new Stadium, I'm happy that a billionaire is determined to invest money and vision in a city that badly needs it.
"This Jewish Guy"? Really?

I say Anne Cox Chambers has influence beyond the understanding of most citizens, because she makes her contributions without fanfare. Countless charitable organizations have balanced their budgets at years end because of her largesse.

Old 08-20-2013, 05:21 PM

859 posts, read 2,111,925 times
I have to agree with Lovin, when I read "This jewish guy" it struck me the wrong way.

Considering the thread is a complimentary one about Blank and that you're not a poster that has been known to spew hate and stir the pot I gave you the benefit of the doubt and spun it that you meant

"Hey look at this jewish guy, who is not a S-WASP, and the success and influence he's been able to have in the american south which over the years hasn't necessarily been a safe haven for those that are jewish"

To answer the question, maybe it's just me, but besides those in general with deep pockets, developers more specifically in my mind, yield a huge amount of influence in shaping this city. You can pick any Chairman/CEO at one of the big development companies in the metro and there's your answer- Cousins, Regent Partners, Jamestown, various homebuilders and unfortunately Novare and Dewberry. They shape traffic patterns, impact tax revenue, and overall quality of life and 9/10 because of this power, they get what they want from government.

Old 08-20-2013, 07:57 PM

730 posts, read 823,593 times
well I had no idea he was jewish, so I learned something
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta