Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 10:49 AM

178 posts, read 528,630 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I'm looking for suggestions on where to hold baby shower and or experiences with suggested locations.

Somewhere with parking. All inclusive and private.

cost 500-700

guessing 20-30 people

Subdivision club house is not an option.

Thanks in advance

Mike
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2013, 10:52 AM

10,743 posts, read 13,394,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike929 View Post
Hello,

I'm looking for suggestions on where to hold baby shower and or experiences with suggested locations.

Somewhere with parking. All inclusive and private.

cost 500-700

guessing 20-30 people

Subdivision club house is not an option.

Thanks in advance

Mike
What part of town?

Old 08-12-2013, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
What part of town?
Henry county up into Atlanta/Midtown

Old 08-12-2013, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Henry county up into Atlanta/Midtown
Magnolia Hall - the main public rental building in Piedmont Park - is beautiful. They also have a list of preferred caterers, and its hard to beat the beauty of its environment. Piedmont Park Conservancy - Magnolia Hall

Old 08-12-2013, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Magnolia Hall - the main public rental building in Piedmont Park - is beautiful. They also have a list of preferred caterers, and its hard to beat the beauty of its environment. Piedmont Park Conservancy - Magnolia Hall
Thank you. However this is expensive compared to my outlined budget. I do think it is a beautiful place just as you do. I was actually up there at Piedmont Park yesterday. Also went to the Botanical Garden.

Old 08-12-2013, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Thank you. However this is expensive compared to my outlined budget. I do think it is a beautiful place just as you do. I was actually up there at Piedmont Park yesterday. Also went to the Botanical Garden.
Oh, gosh! I had no idea it has gotten that expensive. More like a spot for a wedding than a baby shower! You might want to consider calling around to restaurants to see if they have private rooms you could rent. We held my daughter's 16th birthday party upstairs in Gordon Biersch's Midtown location. I think it was fairly reasonable. They did a nice job I recall.

Old 08-12-2013, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Oh, gosh! I had no idea it has gotten that expensive. More like a spot for a wedding than a baby shower! You might want to consider calling around to restaurants to see if they have private rooms you could rent. We held my daughter's 16th birthday party upstairs in Gordon Biersch's Midtown location. I think it was fairly reasonable. They did a nice job I recall.
Yea, i think a wedding or reception would be great there. I think I read something about GB doing a search for baby shower locations. They also said it was nice. I also looked at Mary Mac's Tea Room.

I just wanted to get some more suggestions and for those that have been to the actual place they recommend.

Old 08-12-2013, 05:58 PM

5,633 posts, read 5,361,803 times
It's not in between Henry County and Midtown, but my wife threw a baby shower for a friend and our own son's first birthday party at Brawner Hall in Smyrna. It wasn't expensive at all. I think it was like $50 for two hours. Nice place.

I don't know what you're wanting by saying "all inclusive", though. I think they supply just the room. They don't do food, sound systems, etc. They do include tables, chairs, etc.

Old 08-13-2013, 09:49 PM

2,613 posts, read 4,148,038 times
Have you tried any of the country clubs in Henry or Fayette county? We got married at one with a beautiful golf course. The room was free and you just had to pay for the food. About 40 a plate for dinner, probably less for a brunch/lunch setup. DM me if you want the name. It was beautiful and the views of the golf course were nice as well.

Old 08-14-2013, 03:24 PM

744 posts, read 2,483,560 times
Fayetteville and Tyrone both have beautiful former train depots for rent .just google them for pictures .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta