Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 06:27 PM

1,535 posts, read 2,372,970 times

Advertisements

You act like Arlington? is a massive city, it is in no way comparable to Atlanta.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2013, 07:28 PM

2,590 posts, read 4,531,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
No more than any other city, I'd say.

How does Atlanta do this? I'm curious as to your thoughts here.
Mainly it's the people of Atlanta on CD who are hyping it up all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstick View Post
You act like Arlington? is a massive city, it is in no way comparable to Atlanta.
No I don't and I've never tried to "compare" it to Atlanta. That would be like someone down there living in Decatur trying to compare it to DC.

Old 08-28-2013, 07:36 PM

1,850 posts, read 3,016,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTL3000 View Post

No I don't and I've never tried to "compare" it to Atlanta. That would be like someone down there living in Decatur trying to compare it to DC.

Why are you spending so much time on this forum bashing Atlanta.

You should be on the A.VA. forum......oh, they don't have a dedicated forum for A.VA.. I guess there's only so many ways to discuss Arlington National.....

Old 08-28-2013, 07:52 PM

37,881 posts, read 41,948,981 times
Quote:
The primary rule of C-D: do not confuse what goes on in these forums with what goes on in real life.

Old 08-29-2013, 02:28 AM

24 posts, read 87,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liberal8 View Post
Not sure how "fun, culture and opportunity" relate to "3 major sports teams and a major airport", unless you are a pilot or a pro sportsman?

Atlanta is stuck in the stone age mostly because nobody wants to live here except low income folks and disabled of all sorts due to horrid climate, weird ignorant southern attitude and long distance from any real cultural centers like DC or NYC.
Let's see, where to start. Many people live in the suburbs, places like Roswell or Dunwoody are great but have horrible traffic & many, many traffic accidents. Then you have the crime in the city. Mainly, the heart of the KKK in the entire country has & is located in right outside of Atlanta. In the suburbs southwest of the city you might as well be living in the song "The Night the Lights went out in GA". The Justice System there is run on the "old boy's network", they hate you if your family hasn't been there for 3 generations, & it's as backwards as you can possibly get. I was born & raised in the small town of Slidell outside of New Orleans, and I have NEVER seen anything like what I have experienced here. On arrival, I was stalked by a cop when I didn't want to talk to him in a bar when he began asking me what my liscense plate # was & I excused myself and didn't return to talk to him. He came to my house and went up my driveway & I saw him snooping around my car, when I went outside he was gone. And more stalking. He unjustly arrested me, harrassed me accusing me of upsetting the PD, and refused to give me a phone call. 1993. Fast forward to today, my Grandbaby has been molested from age 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 & told me last week who did it. The Investigator was "changed" & the new one- When I told him I asked the child where the abuse took place she said "In bed when I'm asleep" he laughed and said "If she's asleep, how does she know she's being abused?" It goes on & on & on. He said the guy she named couldn't have done it because he's out of town for work. (a few days a week). He hits the Mom who gave birth to her son a year ago addicted to narcotics & was reported to the Navy who held a hearing & found her unfit, she was in rehab (forced there by her parents) for the 3rd time 3 weeks ago & found out he knew he had HIV & KNOWINGLY gave it to her. Now my Grandbaby is in danger of having STD'S & HIV. And he is taking up for the guy & said a complete file folder including many reports by 3rd parties (doctors who have reported the Mom) "doesn't matter". Just a wild guess, but perhaps THIS is why some people think Atlanta is backwards. I've also seen a cop in Fulton arrest a girl's boyfriend for nothing because he liked her. I have friends & have lived in small towns all across the South & have never seen such blatantly backwards people. Who says they have cancer & then gives their girlfriend HIV, beats her up (lots of police reports) tears doors off the hinges, bashes in the TV, coffee table, & stove, molests a 2 yr old when he has HIV, threatens to burn the baby's belongings in writing & then has the cops take up for him & threaten the person who reported it with getting a warrant for their arrest for lying...in the middle of the so-called "investigation"? And he says he's done this all his life. How many children have continued to be molested due to this guy's methods of "doing his job" ?

Old 08-29-2013, 02:39 AM

4,790 posts, read 6,874,004 times
the only time i feel like we're a cow town is when some cool band comes across the pond and visits NY, boston, philly, washington, vancouver, toronto, and san francisco. you know what i'm talking about. you never see a 10-date tour that includes atlanta, ever.

Old 08-29-2013, 02:45 AM

4,790 posts, read 6,874,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacelovehope View Post
Let's see, where to start. Many people live in the suburbs, places like Roswell or Dunwoody are great but have horrible traffic & many, many traffic accidents. Then you have the crime in the city. Mainly, the heart of the KKK in the entire country has & is located in right outside of Atlanta. In the suburbs southwest of the city you might as well be living in the song "The Night the Lights went out in GA". The Justice System there is run on the "old boy's network", they hate you if your family hasn't been there for 3 generations, & it's as backwards as you can possibly get. I was born & raised in the small town of Slidell outside of New Orleans, and I have NEVER seen anything like what I have experienced here. On arrival, I was stalked by a cop when I didn't want to talk to him in a bar when he began asking me what my liscense plate # was & I excused myself and didn't return to talk to him. He came to my house and went up my driveway & I saw him snooping around my car, when I went outside he was gone. And more stalking. He unjustly arrested me, harrassed me accusing me of upsetting the PD, and refused to give me a phone call. 1993. Fast forward to today, my Grandbaby has been molested from age 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 & told me last week who did it. The Investigator was "changed" & the new one- When I told him I asked the child where the abuse took place she said "In bed when I'm asleep" he laughed and said "If she's asleep, how does she know she's being abused?" It goes on & on & on. He said the guy she named couldn't have done it because he's out of town for work. (a few days a week). He hits the Mom who gave birth to her son a year ago addicted to narcotics & was reported to the Navy who held a hearing & found her unfit, she was in rehab (forced there by her parents) for the 3rd time 3 weeks ago & found out he knew he had HIV & KNOWINGLY gave it to her. Now my Grandbaby is in danger of having STD'S & HIV. And he is taking up for the guy & said a complete file folder including many reports by 3rd parties (doctors who have reported the Mom) "doesn't matter". Just a wild guess, but perhaps THIS is why some people think Atlanta is backwards. I've also seen a cop in Fulton arrest a girl's boyfriend for nothing because he liked her. I have friends & have lived in small towns all across the South & have never seen such blatantly backwards people. Who says they have cancer & then gives their girlfriend HIV, beats her up (lots of police reports) tears doors off the hinges, bashes in the TV, coffee table, & stove, molests a 2 yr old when he has HIV, threatens to burn the baby's belongings in writing & then has the cops take up for him & threaten the person who reported it with getting a warrant for their arrest for lying...in the middle of the so-called "investigation"? And he says he's done this all his life. How many children have continued to be molested due to this guy's methods of "doing his job" ?
i don't mean to be a party pooper, but it sounds like you've got a lot worse problems than living in the city of atlanta.

Old 08-29-2013, 05:16 AM

402 posts, read 703,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacelovehope View Post
Let's see, where to start. Many people live in the suburbs, places like Roswell or Dunwoody are great but have horrible traffic & many, many BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH
1. Learn how to use paragraphs kiddo
2. That was a huge waste of time to read
3. Go **** yourself

Old 08-29-2013, 05:35 AM

1,535 posts, read 2,372,970 times
WTF, are you on CRACK, peacelovehope-------? Trolling at its best...........

Old 08-29-2013, 07:49 PM

23,462 posts, read 44,083,751 times
Quote:
The thing is, Arlington doesn't boast and try to prove it's hot sh*t at every freakin' opportunity. It's pretty comfortable in it's own skin.

And way to disparage the resting place of some of our country's greatest heroes in order to make a smart aleck point.
DTL, I'm just playing with you. And just for the record, I think Arlington is a perfectly lovely community.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta