Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 06:32 PM

2,819 posts, read 10,403,643 times

Advertisements

Ok, your thoughts?
My take is simple, if Sonny Perdue wants to have a prayer vigil for rain, so be it. It is not a government mandate so the ALCU and FreeThought kooks can't yell church and state.

Now with this said, isn't it said that God helps those who help themselves.

I just have to question how our politicians can go to God for rain when:
To name a few,
* They have done nothing to stop out of control development to date
* They have done nothing to stop 30 day unlimited developer water permits
* Until recently was building ski slops in GA?
* Etc.

I don't know, it's just everytime I see politicians praying I cannot help to laugh and shake my head. Almost reminds me of Satan asking God for guidance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2007, 06:48 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,763,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia View Post
Ok, your thoughts?
My take is simple, if Sonny Perdue wants to have a prayer vigil for rain, so be it. It is not a government mandate so the ALCU and FreeThought kooks can't yell church and state.

Now with this said, isn't it said that God helps those who help themselves.

I just have to question how our politicians can go to God for rain when:
To name a few,
* They have done nothing to stop out of control development to date
* They have done nothing to stop 30 day unlimited developer water permits
* Until recently was building ski slops in GA?
* Etc.

I don't know, it's just everytime I see politicians praying I cannot help to laugh and shake my head. Almost reminds me of Satan asking God for guidance
Sonny is an idiot but no less than the idiots that proceeded him including Barnes and Miller. They all sat there and watched the area overdevelop and overpopulate and did NOTHING to either slow the development down or speed the infrastructure to support it up. That is why we have clogged roads and are running out of water. Lanier was built over 50 years ago to serve a population of less than a million people! Now we have 5 million and millions more are coming in future years. By 2025 we will top 10 million people! And yet we have not laid an INCH of new highway, an INCH of new subway or an INCH of new reserviour! But instead of doing anything for 6 years this fat idiot wants to toss the problem to God to solve! Like the good book says- the Lord helps those who help themselves.

Old 11-14-2007, 06:56 PM

823 posts, read 2,215,978 times
I have taken so much crap from friends/family back home about this. It is a National joke. What's next, a rain maker?

He should be spending time figuring out how to build new reservoirs or at the very least how to steal water from Alabama.

Old 11-14-2007, 08:00 PM

Maybe now we can call a Voodoo Priestess and play with snakes!

Old 11-14-2007, 08:35 PM

2,032 posts, read 6,890,319 times
Default Sonny prays for rain.

It reminded me of an old Andy Griffith Show re-run when a gang of gypsys
came through Mayberry during a drought and did a rain dance. The very next day it rained. It turned out the gypsies had a shortwave radio that gave the weather forecast for Mayberry for the next day which called for rain.
I think Sonny won't get into any trouble having religion involved in politics as long as Georgia remains a red state forever and Bush of course remains in the
White House.

Old 11-14-2007, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roanoker 4 View Post
came through Mayberry during a drought and did a rain dance. The very next day it rained. It turned out the gypsies had a shortwave radio that gave the weather forecast for Mayberry for the next day which called for rain.
I think Sonny won't get into any trouble having religion involved in politics as long as Georgia remains a red state forever and Bush of course remains in the
White House.
Georgia will remain a red state as will most of the old Confederacy. The Republican Party is the anti black and anti brown party and race is the only issue most folks vote on here. Fortunately for us there are about 35 other states that are turning bluer each day!

Old 11-14-2007, 09:59 PM

1,755 posts, read 5,681,860 times
...we have rain at my house, right now!!!

Thx Sonny and all the other diverse religeous leaders invited to the capitol.

For a bunch of liberals who always complain about diversity, this is a pretty good example of diverse people coming together for a common good!

Old 11-14-2007, 10:41 PM

2,141 posts, read 7,866,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roanoker 4 View Post
White House.
Great Andy Griffith show episode! lol!! When I was the prayer vigil on the national news (I'm not in Georgia), I had to do a double-take.

Old 11-14-2007, 10:58 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,885,851 times
I think really he was just praying that the wizard would give him a brain.

Old 11-15-2007, 05:11 AM

1,517 posts, read 6,739,537 times
Yeah, it's kinda coincidental that there's this huge prayer vigil on the evening that rain is actually forecast! I think Sonny should try out for Phenomenon!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta