Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2013, 12:26 PM

730 posts, read 827,912 times

Advertisements

does anyone know if it will be back next year? or will they pick a new spot?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2013, 01:19 PM

1,637 posts, read 2,630,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady's Man View Post
does anyone know if it will be back next year? or will they pick a new spot?
They have a contract at that location for the next ten years

Old 09-29-2013, 01:35 PM

730 posts, read 827,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrythesnake View Post
They have a contract at that location for the next ten years
oh wow awesome!

Old 09-29-2013, 03:40 PM

1,535 posts, read 2,372,970 times
AJC: 10 things to know about TomorrowWorld | The Music Scene | www.accessatlanta.com

Old 09-29-2013, 04:30 PM

687 posts, read 744,871 times
Went yesterday and it was truly one of the most incredible events that I have ever been too. The production, stages, music, lighting and sound was superb. It made Music Midtown look like a village fair.

But the best thing of all was the crowd, I met people from England, Ireland, Argentina, Spain, Mexico, Columbia, Israel and it was the friendliest bunch of people you could come across....all united by their love of dance music. No duches, no fights, no attitude....just lots and lots of smiles.

Was so proud when talking to people to tell them that whilst originally I'm from London I'm now so happy to call this town right here home.

Welcome to Atlanta!

Old 09-29-2013, 05:56 PM

16,700 posts, read 29,521,595 times
This is day 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sdLAHzZVMc

Old 09-29-2013, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLondoner View Post
Went yesterday and it was truly one of the most incredible events that I have ever been too. The production, stages, music, lighting and sound was superb. It made Music Midtown look like a village fair.

But the best thing of all was the crowd, I met people from England, Ireland, Argentina, Spain, Mexico, Columbia, Israel and it was the friendliest bunch of people you could come across....all united by their love of dance music. No duches, no fights, no attitude....just lots and lots of smiles.

Was so proud when talking to people to tell them that whilst originally I'm from London I'm now so happy to call this town right here home.

Welcome to Atlanta!
Yes.

Old 09-29-2013, 06:57 PM

9,008 posts, read 14,055,812 times
I was told by a guy from Sweden that he loved America, that people are so friendly and will talk to you without wanting anything in return. Sweden, he said, is not like that.

I always thought Sweden seemed like a friendly place, but he said Americans are much friendlier.

Of course, I noticed that Tomorrowworld must have done excellent training, because all the bartenders, ticket takers, everybody was exceptionally friendly.

Did you see it didn't take long for some a-holes to come out and ruin the party: http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local...ighbors/nZ9bm/

Seriously, how loud can it possibly be a mile away? I can imagine you might here a little thump, but hard to believe you'd hear a thing in your house with the door closed. Good thing this is another county where not matter how much they complain, there's really nothing they can do about it.

Old 09-29-2013, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post
Did you see it didn't take long for some a-holes to come out and ruin the party: 3-day music fest causing big headaches for neighbors | www.wsbtv.com

Seriously, how loud can it possibly be a mile away? I can imagine you might here a little thump, but hard to believe you'd hear a thing in your house with the door closed. Good thing this is another county where not matter how much they complain, there's really nothing they can do about it.

Please, no.

Did you see the suggestion about stopping it at 10pm?

3-nights over a weekend once-a-year. The good of this event for Atlanta and the state totally outweigh any minor inconveniences.

Old 09-29-2013, 07:19 PM

9,008 posts, read 14,055,812 times
Stopping at 1am is perfectly reasonable. It's a rave, it could go on to 7am if it wanted to.

If they want to be jerks, the organizers should simply offer a free set of ear plugs to anybody who requests them.

I agree, for an event that draws so many people from around the world and gives Atlanta so much international credibility and pumps millions of dollars into the economy, they can suck it up for 3 nights once a year.

Why don't they try buying tickets and supporting the event instead of complaining?

Honestly, I hate to be unsympathetic, but with the amount of dense tree growth in that area, I believe that in order to hear anything, you'd have to stand outside and be very quiet and you might hear some quiet thumps off in the distance. These people are just being dramatic trying to get a payout, that's what I think.

Last edited by ATLTJL; 09-29-2013 at 07:36 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta