Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2006, 11:17 PM

3 posts, read 5,637 times

Advertisements

Ok i'm 23 years old, an IT professional (network administration) who grew up in memphis TN, has lived in seattle and california due to being in the air force. and now have lived in the DC area for the past year for government IT contracts.
i'm going to say i HATE dc... everything except the jobs. the people here are so boring, uptight, stuck-up, and did i say BORING. i'm used to the 'urban' south where people actually have personalities have fun and aren't all about work work work 24/7. not to mention the house prices here, its impossible for someone like me to even dream of purchasing a first time buyer condo or anything. right now i live in a group 4 BR townhouse with 3 other guys in the same situation.
i know that atlanta has tons of jobs and finding work in IT would not be a problem
aside from the jobs, i'm also looking for a good nightlife and it's atlanta so i'm sure this would not be a problem. how is it for singles and the dating scene. i like to work hard and party hard i guess to say. i know that people in GA are most definitely more friendly than Northern VA.
anyway, just looking for any suggestions on the area for people in the mid-20s range, any info greatly appreciated.
thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2006, 08:00 AM

9,191 posts, read 33,883,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outdc View Post
i know that atlanta has tons of jobs and finding work in IT would not be a problem
aside from the jobs, i'm also looking for a good nightlife and it's atlanta so i'm sure this would not be a problem. how is it for singles and the dating scene. i like to work hard and party hard i guess to say.
------

You may seriously wish to consider Austin, Texas.

Someone I know had the EXACT same complaints about Atlanta that you're using to describe DC - they moved to Austin last year and every so often I still get "I love this place!" emails from them.

I personally don't like heat and humidity, but it's not that much worse than Atlanta, there.

Old 10-17-2006, 12:31 PM

2,290 posts, read 5,545,081 times
I've been hearing that Austin salaries aren't keeping pace with the cost of living (as if anywhere does these days). You might want to consider Atlanta based on job prospects and pay. It's not necessarily cheaper than Austin, but you may have more economic choices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta