Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 03:46 PM

8 posts, read 7,898 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

I am a 29 year old black male moving to Atlanta from Cincinnati. I will be working in the Sandy Springs area. I need some advice regarding some good neighborhoods. I am looking to get a 1 or 2 bedroom apt my budget is $800 and my max is about $900.

Is Sandy Springs good place for a young straight black male? Or should i live in another area.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2013, 03:48 PM

386 posts, read 666,630 times
Not a whole lot to do in Sandy Springs I don't think. For your budget you can definitely find what you're looking for OTP.

Old 10-06-2013, 03:54 PM

1,637 posts, read 2,624,493 times
Is your job near the marta station?

Old 10-06-2013, 04:25 PM

Not sure if I'll be close to marta. So is sandy springs not really an area with a lot of young professionals? I am not really a big party guy but also dont want to be in an area filled with couples and families.

Old 10-06-2013, 04:45 PM

386 posts, read 666,630 times
Sandy Springs is known for families I believe. At least that's what my co workers tell me.

Old 10-06-2013, 04:50 PM

Ok so any recommendations? I dont want to be stuck in the boring suburbs lol.

I want a n'hood thats kinda in the middle where theres stuff to do but also not a place thats got all bars and nothing else.

Old 10-06-2013, 04:53 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,230,639 times
There are many apartment complexes in Sandy Springs, and it's a good, central location within easy reach of Buckhead and Midtown, two of the main areas for nightlife. Sandy Springs also offers some decent nightlife and restaurants. Since you'll be working in Sandy Springs, it would make sense to live in that area too - you'd be one of the lucky people with a short commute. The challenge will be finding an apartment in your $800-$900 per month budget. You may be able to find a one-bedroom unit for that price, but it's doubtful you'd find a two-bedroom apartment in that range.

Old 10-06-2013, 05:13 PM

Thanx for the input. So are there other young professionals and single ladies in the sandy springs area?

Old 10-06-2013, 05:20 PM

10,365 posts, read 11,408,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJC1 View Post
Hi All,

I am a 29 year old black male moving to Atlanta from Cincinnati. I will be working in the Sandy Springs area. I need some advice regarding some good neighborhoods. I am looking to get a 1 or 2 bedroom apt my budget is $800 and my max is about $900.

Is Sandy Springs good place for a young straight black male? Or should i live in another area.

Thanks
Quote:
Not sure if I'll be close to marta. So is sandy springs not really an area with a lot of young professionals? I am not really a big party guy but also dont want to be in an area filled with couples and families.
If you are looking for affordability, Sandy Springs is a good place to look, especially on your particular budget of $800-900 and under and especially since you will be working in Sandy Springs...LOTS of affordable 1-2 bedroom dwellings in Sandy Springs.

Though most of the social activity will be going on inside of the I-285 Perimeter, there's also a few good nightspots in Sandy Springs along the GA 9 Roswell Road strip and you can always drive to other spots or and around the Northside of the region (the area of the Atlanta region above the I-20) where most social activities will be going on, particularly if you are active with one or more social clubs or groups who will often hold activities in different locations around the city and/or metro area.

No matter where you live in the city/metro region, you will still need to drive to get to various nightlife spots at some point, though living in Sandy Springs will not put you as far away from the social action as some might claim.

Also, you do not necessarily have to be located immediately close or next to a station to use MARTA as even if you do not live right next to a MARTA station, you can still drive to one of four nearby MARTA stations where parking is available (the North Springs, Sandy Springs, Dunwoody (Perimeter Center Mall), or Medical Center stations), park and ride the train from the station, if necessary...which may not be necessary if you live and work in Sandy Springs.

Old 10-06-2013, 05:27 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,230,639 times
Quote:
Thanx for the input. So are there other young professionals and single ladies in the sandy springs area?
Sure, you'll find plenty of single ladies. The bars and restaurants along Roswell Road attract a lot of young professionals. Sandy Springs is a mix of apartment complexes geared toward younger people and single-family homes for families. Keep in mind it's a suburban environment. If you want to be in a more urban environment, Midtown and the surrounding neighborhoods would be more to your liking. Apartments tend to be more expensive in Midtown, though.

Last edited by stillinthesouth; 10-06-2013 at 05:36 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta