Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2013, 07:13 PM

14 posts, read 29,330 times

Advertisements

Looking to buy into a nice townhouse community in Smyrna Vinings area in the lower $200k range. Need to have easy access to 285. Safe, convenient to shopping, well maintained grounds are important items.
Retired, single from NYC. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2013, 08:07 PM

10,396 posts, read 11,496,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGSIMO1 View Post
Looking to buy into a nice townhouse community in Smyrna Vinings area in the lower $200k range. Need to have easy access to 285. Safe, convenient to shopping, well maintained grounds are important items.
Retired, single from NYC. Thanks.
Try looking around in mixed-use (residential, light retail/shopping/commercial, restaurants) townhome developments in the Smyrna/Vinings area like:

...Ivy Walk at Vinings near the intersection of Atlanta Road and Cumberland Parkway
One Ivy Walk - Vinings Townhomes, Smyrna Vinings Townhouses, Smyrna Townhomes | Smyrna Vinings Homes, Neighborhoods, Restaurants, Shopping, Events - SmyrnaVinings.com
One Ivy Walk Shopping - Smyrna Vinings Shopping, Smyrna Vinings Businesses | Smyrna Vinings Homes, Neighborhoods, Restaurants, Shopping, Events - SmyrnaVinings.com

...Smyrna Market Village in Downtown Smyrna
Smyrna Market Village - Smyrna Vinings Shopping, Smyrna Shopping, Vinings Shopping | Smyrna Vinings Homes, Neighborhoods, Restaurants, Shopping, Events - SmyrnaVinings.com

...West Village at I-285 and Atlanta Road in Smyrna
Welcome to West Village, Atlanta, Georgia - LIVE, SHOP, PLAY!

...The Battery on Paces Ferry south off of Paces Ferry Road just west of historic Vinings village
The Battery on Paces Ferry - Vinings Luxury Townhomes for Sale | Smyrna Vinings Homes, Neighborhoods, Restaurants, Shopping, Events - SmyrnaVinings.com

...Vinings Main condominiums on Paces Ferry Road just west of historic Vinings village and just east off of I-285 Vinings Main - Vinings Luxury Homes | Smyrna Vinings Homes, Neighborhoods, Restaurants, Shopping, Events - SmyrnaVinings.com

There are also some non mixed-use townhome developments that you could look into like Vinings Overlook.

There are also some smaller townhome/condominium communities WITHOUT the mixed-use element that you could look into very-near the center of historic Vinings village like Paces Run, Vinings Ridge, Vinings Mill, Paces Ferry Avenue and The Preserve at Vinings Walk.

In addition to the mixed-use element of many of the aforementioned townhome/condo developments in the Smyrna/Vinings area, there are also major shopping/retail/restaurant areas nearby at and around the Cumberland Mall, Perimeter Mall/Dunwoody, Buckhead (Lenox Square, Phipps Plaza and the under construction Buckhead Atlanta) and Atlantic Station/Midtown areas.

Old 10-20-2013, 01:18 PM

Wow...thanks for the quick reply. I will look into all of these locations. Still early in the process. Not sure if it's still a buyer's market down there now. Prices appear to be going up.

Old 10-20-2013, 01:19 PM

324 posts, read 714,446 times
Rent before you buy. There are plenty of rentals available.

Old 10-20-2013, 05:19 PM

924 posts, read 1,456,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGSIMO1 View Post
Wow...thanks for the quick reply. I will look into all of these locations. Still early in the process. Not sure if it's still a buyer's market down there now. Prices appear to be going up.
It has definitely moved closer to a seller's market here in the desirable areas.

Old 10-20-2013, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawknest View Post
Rent before you buy. There are plenty of rentals available.
I have a relative I can stay with for a while. If I can't find something in a month or two I'll find a rental. Hopefully for not more than six months.

Old 10-21-2013, 08:11 AM

4,577 posts, read 5,664,872 times
Will your job be in Smyrna/Vinings? If not, you may want to get a feel for commuting times from Smyrna/Vinings to your place of employment before you commit to a purchase. Which may be different than staying with your relative, depending on where your relative lives. Atlanta is a big place -- don't count on looking at a map and figuring, "oh, it's only 10 miles, that's no big deal." At rush hour, that 10 miles can be an hour, if you're in just the wrong place at just the wrong time.

Old 10-21-2013, 10:25 AM

10,396 posts, read 11,496,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dblackga View Post
Will your job be in Smyrna/Vinings? If not, you may want to get a feel for commuting times from Smyrna/Vinings to your place of employment before you commit to a purchase. Which may be different than staying with your relative, depending on where your relative lives. Atlanta is a big place -- don't count on looking at a map and figuring, "oh, it's only 10 miles, that's no big deal." At rush hour, that 10 miles can be an hour, if you're in just the wrong place at just the wrong time.
Those are excellent points, but in this case, the OP stated that they were retired, so commuting times and distances may not necessarily be a factor in this case.

Old 10-22-2013, 07:05 AM

Thanks for all of your replies. Yes I am retired and commuting is not an issue. Widening my search to include Mableton. Does anyone know about Legacy at Riverline by JW? Looks nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta