Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2014, 10:14 PM

1,280 posts, read 1,856,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by isawooty View Post
THIS! ALL OF IT.

They STAY in our forum. So worried about what's going on in a city that so pathetic in comparison to their beloved paradises.

Folks can say what they want, but their actions revel the truth. They stay in our forum for a reason. Atlanta is just too good to be left alone.

Hi haters.
That some former Atlanta residents chime in from time to time, ABD in particular, is a good thing. The most frequent caveat that I read from Atlanta forum regulars to potential Atlanta residents is to secure a job before coming and live close to the workplace. Certainly, I agree. Otherwise, some of you paint the town nearly flawless without answering the prospective resident's inquiry.

Old 07-25-2014, 01:38 AM

3,451 posts, read 3,908,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1070 View Post
Not going to admit that because it's not true. I visit the Texas forums, Atlanta and Ohio (All of the places i've lived). No harm in me having an interest in a place that I called home for over six years. Not sure why you felt the need to say something negative about the Dallas forum in your response. And there's no need for anyone to put me on an ignore list, that's just silly. A forum is a great place for people to share diverse ideas and opinions. It's not set up so people can come express the exact same views. That would be a pretty "dry" forum, don't you think?

I didn't see anyone come after the poster claiming that Texas is a "Monument to cars, big oil..."
I suppose harsh negative comments are welcome about Texas, but no one can state their thoughts on Atlanta? Just an observation.

Back to the CH store issue that seems to be a sensitive spot for some reason. I was giving an example. Maybe the poster has been shopping here. No one said "Dallas is better for having both stores...". I seriously don't understand the sensitivity and defensiveness that happens in this forum. Where does it come from? yikes!

It wasnt sensitive for me but annoying that you always do that. A Example could have came from the designers website. why do we need to know that Dallas just relocated into a bigger store and that its a flagship store. How does that benefit the thread. Just another reason to promote Dallas.

I can.always count on you to say." Well in Dallas"

that poster who said that about Texas is apart of the problem. Too many outsiders flooding.the Atlanta forum.

I kinda wish ourr forum was like Charlottes. The Mods do a good job of keeping the outsiders under control.

l

Old 07-25-2014, 08:50 AM

7,112 posts, read 10,129,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
The tunnels killed street life in downtown. The weather excuse is just that, an excuse. I understand the heat problems. But there are cities around the world that make it work. There are cities in the cold that make it work in December and January.
Right like Toronto with its Underground.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PATH_(Toronto)

Old 07-25-2014, 08:53 AM

7,112 posts, read 10,129,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
I'll say it...

Texas ain't Southern. It is Texas.
So true. Texas is its own region. It fought for and won its own independence.

Old 07-25-2014, 09:01 AM

10,743 posts, read 13,375,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathmanMathman View Post
So true. Texas is its own region. It fought for and won its own independence.
My Dallas born wife adamantly agrees!

Old 01-17-2016, 07:27 PM

134 posts, read 133,299 times
Me personally I think Houston feels larger and less rural.

Old 01-17-2016, 08:00 PM

4,010 posts, read 3,749,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc05 View Post
Me personally I think Houston feels larger and less rural.
It is but Atlanta is a better city overall

Old 01-17-2016, 09:48 PM

134 posts, read 133,299 times
Mmmm I would have to disagree with that just my opinion.

Old 01-18-2016, 07:25 AM

4,843 posts, read 6,097,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
3-2-1 until a Houstonian comes on here and says "Texas isn't Southern!"
Most Houstonians will say Texas is southern it's mainly and ironically people from eastern end of the south and non southerners saying Teas isn't the south when portion that population live is consider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
I'll say it...

Texas ain't Southern. It is Texas.
Which is partly southern

Texas is not monolithic Texas spans the south to southwest, Dallas is southern El Paso is not. In late 1900's Dallas was actually the world largest cotton inland market.

Fort Worth is the only major city in Texas that has a actual western heritage, unless you included the smaller western midsize cities like El paso but but Cowboys literally never set foot in Dallas, Houston, Austin. They literately have more in common with the southern US.

Most Texans who fought for Texas independence against mexico had southern heritage. And That's part of the reason why Texas did, because there was so many southerns who brought southern culture in Texas. And Down in Mexico city they did not like that. Mexico actually outlaw slavery. Slavery and the cultural differences are reason for Texas independence against mexico.

But you see these map, most of Texas population is in the eastern 1/3 of the state. Again Fort Worth the only major city in Texas that historically had cowboys. Fort Worth kinda represent the edge of civilization it was last pit stop of the settle south to the sparsely populated Southwest. But East Texas and Major cities have more cultural ties with the south.

Old 01-18-2016, 07:30 AM

4,843 posts, read 6,097,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
My Dallas born wife adamantly agrees!
Was she raised in Dallas? because I raised back and forth between between Atlanta and DFW and most I knew and know consider Dallas the south.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta