Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2013, 09:52 AM

859 posts, read 2,119,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrythesnake View Post
I read that they are considering VIP tables at Waffle House
Maybe if his guy would have been served at a VIP table, this wouldn't have happened.

Customer gets into argument and shoots up Cobb County Waffle... | www.ajc.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2013, 11:02 AM

32,019 posts, read 36,763,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLHRLGUY View Post
Maybe if his guy would have been served at a VIP table, this wouldn't have happened.

Customer gets into argument and shoots up Cobb County Waffle... | www.ajc.com
This situation highlights a common problem in our area. If more citizens had been carrying their weapons and were properly trained in close combat tactics, then (a) this gentleman would have been far less likely to discharge his firearm and (b) he would have been dropped immediately by his comrades and the other patrons and employees in the restaurant.

Old 11-08-2013, 12:04 PM

3,421 posts, read 5,216,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
This situation highlights a common problem in our area. If more citizens had been carrying their weapons and were properly trained in close combat tactics, then (a) this gentleman would have been far less likely to discharge his firearm and (b) he would have been dropped immediately by his comrades and the other patrons and employees in the restaurant.
So everyone needs to carry a gun and go through military-style training to prevent these types of incidents? How would he have been far less likely to discharge his firearm if everyone else is armed? He obviously didn't care if those around him could've also been armed and shot back. I'm going to assume no one knew he had a gun until after the fact.

More suicides are committed and more people are assaulted or murdered with guns than there are people who are shot in self defense. Way more.

Interesting fact:

"Mass shootings stopped by armed civilians in the past 30 years: 0"

Last edited by Atlanta_BD; 11-08-2013 at 12:27 PM..

Old 11-08-2013, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta_BD View Post
So everyone needs to carry a gun and go through military-style training to prevent these types of incidents? How would he have been far less likely to discharge his firearm if everyone else is armed? He obviously didn't care if those around him could've also been armed and shot back. I'm going to assume no one knew he had a gun until after the fact.
It stands to reason that if this gentleman knew his friends as well as the employees and customers at the Waffle House were properly armed and versed in close range firearms tactics that he would have been far less likely to draw in the first place.

Even if he had made such a move, these other individuals could have acted to bring him down immediately. In the typical Waffle House you've got at least 3 employees and several other customers. Add in the three friends and you've got substantial firepower that could be brought to bear almost instantaneously, all fully justified by the law of self-defense.

I doubt that this gentleman would go around shooting out any more windows.

Old 11-08-2013, 02:18 PM

1,383 posts, read 1,560,265 times
Quote:
Add in the three friends...
I'm having trouble finding reference to these '3 friends' he was with. Which article was that in?

Old 11-08-2013, 02:38 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,814,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikigod311 View Post
Fantastic. Now I can pay even more for my movies at Atlantic Station!

Ugh. I can't get myself to pay the amount of money they charge for a normal ticket, let alone VIP. $12 (or really $24) for a movie? I can go see live performances for cheaper than that.
This.

I don't even go to Atlantic Station for movies anymore since I went last time and decided to go to a 3D movie and had to spend $15 per ticket!! I was like . I'll go up to Parkway Point instead and go to a matinee.

Who needs a VIP movie section? I mean, you all are sitting in the dark are you not. Is the VIP darkness better than regular darkness lol.

Old 11-08-2013, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJDeadParrot View Post
I'm having trouble finding reference to these '3 friends' he was with. Which article was that in?
Well, maybe I am reading this wrong. I assumed that they were together, but maybe not.
KENNESAW, Ga. -- Four suspects are in custody after a shooting at a Cobb County Waffle House overnight.

The incident happened early Friday at the restaurant at 2165 Cobb Parkway NW in Kennesaw.

Police dispatchers said the suspects ordered food, but one of them got upset about something. They left the Waffle House before their food arrived.

4 arrested in Waffle House shooting | 11alive.com

Old 11-08-2013, 04:02 PM

3,421 posts, read 5,216,453 times
Quote:
It stands to reason that if this gentleman knew his friends as well as the employees and customers at the Waffle House were properly armed and versed in close range firearms tactics that he would have been far less likely to draw in the first place.

Even if he had made such a move, these other individuals could have acted to bring him down immediately. In the typical Waffle House you've got at least 3 employees and several other customers. Add in the three friends and you've got substantial firepower that could be brought to bear almost instantaneously, all fully justified by the law of self-defense.

I doubt that this gentleman would go around shooting out any more windows.
It stands to reason that if you shoot at people you could get gunned down by police or you end up going to jail and losing your freedom. If he feared any repercussions, the first thought in his mind should've been, "If I pull out my gun, the police could shoot me or I could go to jail." Yet he didn't have this thought and that didn't stop him. If someone doesn't fear repercussions from police, do you really think they'd feel more threatened by armed civilians? I'm sorry but you just don't have a good argument here.

You can't thwart the actions of a crazy, violent person even if you arm every man, woman and child to the teeth. They have no fear of consequences and don't think their actions through. Armed civilians won't make them any more logical than police.

Ok, let's get back on topic now. :-)

Old 11-15-2013, 07:23 AM

1,151 posts, read 1,308,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta_BD View Post
^^^This.

People who do it aren't important want to feel important so they pay extra to feel important. But you are right. Truly important people have things given to them. The idea of a VIP section in a movie theatre is just ridiculous; not as ridiculous as a VIP gondola on a ferris wheel, but still ridiculous nonethelesss. I think the only time I'd be willing to spend money on VIP is for concert tickets for one my favorite artists.

I think this obsession with VIP things is a symbol of the ever-increasing classism going on in our society right now.
Quote:
I don't get today's obsession with "VIP" things.

If you are spending money to get special treatment, then to me that seems to be the opposite of being a VIP. The real VIP's don't have to ask for it, much less pay extra for it.

"VIP" in this context means that you are paying for a luxury service. It's just a name given to that tier that you can pay extra for.

You are paying for a large leather reclining seat with a full service bar and food options. You aren't paying just say you are VIP, but you get a better experience.

Old 11-15-2013, 07:25 AM

10,743 posts, read 13,375,951 times
Quote:
... ad in the process, we'd have a handful less WoHo customers!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta