Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2013, 08:31 AM

1,151 posts, read 1,315,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrythesnake View Post
They have them all over the city every day after work.

Atlanta Happy Hour "Illegal" | Food in Atlanta

Quote:
(a) All on-premises alcoholic beverage licensees are prohibited from selling or giving away alcoholic beverages under the following circumstances:

(1) Serving multiple drinks for a single price or offering all you can drink for a set price.

(2) Making a single price the basis for a required purchase of two or more servings.

(3) Serving alcoholic beverages by the pitcher, except to two or more persons at any one time.

(4) Offering to any person or group of persons any alcoholic beverage at a price less than the price regularly charged for such alcoholic beverage during the same calendar week.

(5) Offering or delivering any free alcoholic beverage to any person or group of persons.

(6) Increasing the volume of distilled spirit, malt beverage or wine contained in an alcoholic beverage without increasing proportionally the price regularly charged for such alcoholic beverage during the same calendar week.

(7) Using coupons or other special promotional items as an inducement to purchase alcoholic beverages.

(b) This section shall not apply to private functions not open to the public. The term “private function not open to the public” means any function wherein the licensee has agreed to the use of licensee’s establishment by a person for a set period of time for valuable consideration.

(Code 1977, § 14-2148; Ord. No. 2004-12, §§ 1, 2, 3-9-04)

A Free Man, Thinking Freely: Happy hour is illegal - Stupid laws. Stupid Government.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2013, 09:04 AM

23,616 posts, read 44,391,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansleypark View Post
not at my house...
lol.

Old 11-10-2013, 09:13 AM

23,616 posts, read 44,391,528 times
I know a couple of bar owners in the city. Happy Hour is a definite no-no.

I was going to throw the suggestion of Inman Park Village out there. Its always swarming with twentysomethings and within walking distance of Little Five Points. I believe the Beltline runs by there as well.

Old 11-10-2013, 05:23 PM

1,236 posts, read 1,406,891 times
Default Yup....

Everything dblackga said. Although I agree with others about downtown; I wouldn't consider that. They have been trying to revitalize that since I was living there, but it's still not quite regentrified or as safe as I would say it needs to be; especially for a single 20 something. Midtown/Buckhead is a go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta