Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2013, 05:26 PM

3 posts, read 6,411 times

Advertisements

We live in Roswell, GA. I'm wondering if anyone knows a good place to get teen male eyebrows threaded. We are from Greece, and my son's eyebrows are very thick. We try tweezing, but it would just be best to get them threaded.

I don't want them to look girly though. Hoping someone here has experience with a good place for teen boys/males. I may also make my husband go

Price isn't a concern, preferably in metro Atlanta, but we're willing to travel if it means a good, reliable location!

- Tammy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2013, 05:50 PM

3,421 posts, read 5,215,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tammythh View Post
We live in Roswell, GA. I'm wondering if anyone knows a good place to get teen male eyebrows threaded. We are from Greece, and my son's eyebrows are very thick. We try tweezing, but it would just be best to get them threaded.

I don't want them to look girly though. Hoping someone here has experience with a good place for teen boys/males. I may also make my husband go

Price isn't a concern, preferably in metro Atlanta, but we're willing to travel if it means a good, reliable location!

- Tammy
It is mostly Indian salons that do the threading here. I'm not familiar with any Indian salons in Roswell. I'm sure there are some. I get my brows threaded (I'm a female) and I typically go to these places:

Ruby Beauty Center - On DeKalb Industrial Way in Decatur. There's also one at Global Mall off the I-85 N Jimmy Carter ext. Cost: $6

Hair Images - On Woodland Drive of N. Druid Hills (behind Target) in Atlanta. Cost: $8

Unique Threading - Buckhead. 2900 Peachtree Rd. Cost: $8

The Arches Threading Lounge: Located inside Northlake Mall on Briarcliff Rd. Cost: $8. The have other locations. The Arches Threading Lounge – Locations | The Arches Threading Lounge

Also check out this website: Garamchai.Com ... for the desi in pardes - The Best Site for NRI, Indians, Immigrants and others interested in South Asian lifestyle the US and North America. top Indian Yellow Page, Desi Yellow Page.
It lists Indian businesses all over. You can check for an Indian salon closer to you.

I've known men to get their brows threaded. The threaders are usually very good and will just clean them up and not give the guys arches.

Old 11-10-2013, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta_BD View Post
It is mostly Indian salons that do the threading here. I'm not familiar with any Indian salons in Roswell. I'm sure there are some. I get my brows threaded (I'm a female) and I typically go to these places:

Ruby Beauty Center - On DeKalb Industrial Way in Decatur. There's also one at Global Mall off the I-85 N Jimmy Carter ext. Cost: $6

Hair Images - On Woodland Drive of N. Druid Hills (behind Target) in Atlanta. Cost: $8

Unique Threading - Buckhead. 2900 Peachtree Rd. Cost: $8

The Arches Threading Lounge: Located inside Northlake Mall on Briarcliff Rd. Cost: $8. The have other locations. The Arches Threading Lounge – Locations | The Arches Threading Lounge

Also check out this website: Garamchai.Com ... for the desi in pardes - The Best Site for NRI, Indians, Immigrants and others interested in South Asian lifestyle the US and North America. top Indian Yellow Page, Desi Yellow Page.
It lists Indian businesses all over. You can check for an Indian salon closer to you.
Yes! I think Indian/Arabic/Persian salons are probably best. Those groups tend to be a little on the hairier side as well. Thank you.

if anyone has any other recommendations, that would be fantastic

Old 11-11-2013, 11:30 AM

Any other suggested locations?

Old 11-11-2013, 11:33 AM

4,582 posts, read 8,967,180 times
I was walking in the Lakeshore (Gainesville) Mall the other day and happened to pass by an eyebrow threading place. A bit out of the way, but just thought I'd throw that in there for anyone in that area that didn't know about it..

Old 11-11-2013, 09:31 PM

179 posts, read 325,213 times
I go to I Too in East Atlanta Village (Sabina is my fave), and I've noticed male customers in there.

Here's their website: www.itoosalon.com.

Old 11-12-2013, 07:17 AM

10,743 posts, read 13,374,289 times
Does this hurt as much as I can imagine?

Old 11-12-2013, 09:57 AM

238 posts, read 555,459 times
There actually was a place in Roswell itself, in the Kroger plaza off Mansell/Crossville. Not sure if they are still there but my wife and daughters did go there at one time. If such is needed they go to Global Mall now.

Old 11-12-2013, 09:41 PM

179 posts, read 325,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
Does this hurt as much as I can imagine?
It hurts less than waxing, to be honest. Plus, you don't get the same degree of redness and irritation (or burns, if you have sensitive skin like me). It's really not bad. To me, the worst part about it is that it makes me want to sneeze.

Old 11-12-2013, 09:49 PM

10,743 posts, read 13,374,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldl5112 View Post
It hurts less than waxing, to be honest. Plus, you don't get the same degree of redness and irritation (or burns, if you have sensitive skin like me). It's really not bad. To me, the worst part about it is that it makes me want to sneeze.
Well, bless you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta