Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2013, 01:32 PM

283 posts, read 360,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAWjr View Post
Seems at about one mile before the Cobb Cloverleaf, you should be thinking of getting off the interstate & getting out of the HOV lanes, so I fail to see the issue there.
Which is exactly one of the contributors to the traffic. Clearly you don't drive this way, so I challenge you to drive from downtown to north Cobb on 75 N during rush hour.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2013, 01:38 PM

10,744 posts, read 13,386,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post
But remember cher, that traffic is the variable.....and you have to take into account the visiting team and fan logistics. It may only be 12 miles...but its a long 12 miles...lol.
But it will reduce the mileage for suburbanites and you have to admit, the mess on the connector during games is just that: a mess. I cannot imagine this will be worse. So, some current fans will not attend games. Some folks will start going. I bet attendance will go up or stay flat.

Old 11-11-2013, 01:45 PM

1,637 posts, read 2,630,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
But it will reduce the mileage for suburbanites and you have to admit, the mess on the connector during games is just that: a mess. I cannot imagine this will be worse. So, some current fans will not attend games. Some folks will start going. I bet attendance will go up or stay flat.
You clearly do not drive near that area during rush hour lol

Old 11-11-2013, 01:47 PM

246 posts, read 374,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTrickNet View Post
Which is exactly one of the contributors to the traffic. Clearly you don't drive this way, so I challenge you to drive from downtown to north Cobb on 75 N during rush hour.
I live and work less than 2 miles from the new proposed stadium location. I am very familiar with the current traffic situation of 75/285.

Old 11-11-2013, 01:48 PM

1,151 posts, read 1,309,479 times
Bottom line is everyone who has ever been to that area of Cobb or lives over there knows how bad it is already on a normal day on/near 285/75. I am not sure what all these "for it" people are trying to argue by saying it will all be the same traffic wise when you add a MLB stadium to the area.

Who are you guys trying to fool? If I was renting in the area I'd look to get out of my lease before that stadiums first game.

Old 11-11-2013, 01:52 PM

10,744 posts, read 13,386,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrythesnake View Post
You clearly do not drive near that area during rush hour lol
lol? What lol, gerry? lol. Must you always cast aspersions? lol. I've experienced that area often for a quarter of a century as well as the downtown connector. lol. They are both congested. lol.

Old 11-11-2013, 01:54 PM

246 posts, read 374,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTrickNet View Post
What is? Idiots shooting from the HOV across 5 lanes to exit at 285? Or the fact that the HOV ends there? Pretty sure there are plans to change that with the new HOT lanes soon.

Old 11-11-2013, 02:05 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,524,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanosolar View Post
ALSO, what a 'coincidence' this was announced after Reed was re-elected.......

Old 11-11-2013, 02:16 PM

329 posts, read 431,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrythesnake View Post
So will Cobb Co residents have to vote on this or is this already a done deal?
It is already a done deal. Us peeons out here will have no say so over it. After all, it is 450 million of our dollars given away in a secret backroom deal and we have no say so about it. None. I will not be voting for Alisha Thomas Morgan again. That I can say with 100% cenrtainty.

Old 11-11-2013, 02:19 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,524,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that412 View Post
So they're ostensibly going out of their way and spending a lot of money to make it easier for one share of their ticket base to get to the games. It's admittedly a large share, but in doing so, they're also completely alienating just about everyone else. That does not strike me as good business. Maybe they've got good reason to believe it won't ultimately hurt their bottom line in the end, but that would just make it an even more deplorable thing to do - they'd effectively be giving a significant portion of their customers the middle finger, and saying we don't care, we don't need you.
Im not from Atlanta and I was a Braves supporter since I moved here, but if they set up shop out here on Cobb Parkway where I live Ill be cheering against them every game. I dont want them out here we have enough traffic as it is. CCT sucks and no rail system out here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta