Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2013, 03:39 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,813,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameron H View Post
I wasn't talking about you. I was talking about most Braves fans.

I don't believe the Cumberland Mall parking lot charges $20, but in any case, I think your preferences differ from most Braves fans.

I think I am very much like most Braves fans. Like I stated earlier in this thread (or another can't remember) I go to a minimum of 10 games and usually at least 20 per season so in many ways, I am a bigger fan than most who don't go to as many games as I go to. I also have a son who plays baseball and have a husband who coaches little league baseball so we are a baseball family.

I like the Ted location because there is actually ample parking and for those of us who live in the city or one of the ITP suburbs, we can easily take MARTA to a game.

Also, Cumberland is one of my favorite malls. I used to live in Smyrna and frequented it often and still do since Chuck E Cheese is there and I have kids who like to go there. We usually go to the mall when we visit Chuck!

Like other commenters have said, I am worried that now Cumberland will charge mall patrons to park. Many of the lots for Falcon and Braves games charge $10-$20 to park. If you don't know this, then you differ from most Braves fans in that you don't go to games like I do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2013, 03:40 PM

1,164 posts, read 1,265,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishap View Post
The PF Chang's/Cheesecake/Costco crowd has a rough enough time finding parking on a given night as is.
I've shopped over there quite a bit and I've never had a hard time finding a parking place. Very surprised to hear this.

Old 11-14-2013, 03:43 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,813,297 times
Quote:
I've shopped over there quite a bit and I've never had a hard time finding a parking place. Very surprised to hear this.
On weekends it is sometimes difficult to find parking at Cumberland. I usually park near Macy's and at times you have to park in the back row on weekends. If there is a weekend ball game, people who frequent Cumberland know that there may be a hard time finding a spot during game days.

Are you retired or a SAHM, if so you might go during the day when it isn't so bad. I used to be a SAHM and the main thing I loved was that shopping is very convenient on Wednesdays mid morning.

Old 11-14-2013, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I think I am very much like most Braves fans. Like I stated earlier in this thread (or another can't remember) I go to a minimum of 10 games and usually at least 20 per season so in many ways, I am a bigger fan than most who don't go to as many games as I go to. I also have a son who plays baseball and have a husband who coaches little league baseball so we are a baseball family.

I like the Ted location because there is actually ample parking and for those of us who live in the city or one of the ITP suburbs, we can easily take MARTA to a game.
Okay, let me restate. The Braves don't think you're a typical Braves fan. They believe most of their fans live in the northern suburbs and will be more likely to attend games, and attend more games, at the stadium in the new suburban location, parking lots and all. They could be wrong. It might turn out that you are in fact "most Braves fans" and this will turn out to be a terrible decision by the organization.

I think that's extremely unlikely to be the case.

Old 11-14-2013, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Are you retired or a SAHM, if so you might go during the day when it isn't so bad. I used to be a SAHM and the main thing I loved was that shopping is very convenient on Wednesdays mid morning.
I'm ashamed to say I don't know what a SAHM is. I'm married, no kids, in my forties, and I work for a living. I don't think I've ever been over there except on weekends.

Old 11-14-2013, 04:00 PM

6,503 posts, read 6,116,067 times
Quote:
Okay, let me restate. The Braves don't think you're a typical Braves fan. They believe most of their fans live in the northern suburbs and will be more likely to attend games, and attend more games, at the stadium in the new suburban location, parking lots and all. They could be wrong. It might turn out that you are in fact "most Braves fans" and this will turn out to be a terrible decision by the organization.

A lot of those OTP fans in the eastern/southern burbs, Gwinnett and North Fulton will get screwed as well.

Old 11-14-2013, 05:23 PM

125 posts, read 232,824 times
Quote:

It depends on your definition of north. It's still not easy to drive from Gwinnett to Cobb.

Old 11-14-2013, 06:01 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,785,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikigod311 View Post
Found this on another site...

Looks like Cobb County released a sneak peak at what the proposed transit service will look like for the new braves stadium

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.LMAO!!!! That is HILARIOUS!!

Old 11-14-2013, 06:50 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,785,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westau View Post
Those things are nowhere near Turner Field and for out of town people might not be easy to find. Downtown and Turner Field are essentially completely separated by massive parking lost and the huge I-20/downtown connector interchange.

The area around Cumberland has more than just chain restaurants(for instance one of the top 50 rated BBQ restaurants in the whole country).

Is there actually a shuttle bus at CNN Center for Braves games or are you talking about then hopping on MARTA, then walking 10 minutes through a dingy failing mall(see what I did there?), and then getting on a shuttle bus to the game? I have never heard of a shuttle from CNN Center so I am genuinely curious about that part.
Its called public transportation.You don't need a "shuttle" when there are subway and bus connections vs a CCT that does not run on Sundays and is very limited.

Are you kidding me?Do you really think the 42 million people who visited Atlanta last year did not find all those things to do downtown but somehow magically they will find going to Cobb County easier or a better?

Its part of being in a city.People who visit tour the city ,not a suburb just to go to a BBQ joint or a mall after or before a game.
How often do you think anyone would go to to hang out in Rutherford N.J.after a Giants game instead of hanging out in New York?

Chances are people going to Braves games will probably mainly still stay and shop in the city of Atlanta and probably ride MARTA and transfer at the Art Center(CCT Bus) anyway.
Not sure there are enough hotels in that area as well.

Old 11-14-2013, 06:50 PM

1,114 posts, read 2,348,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsha33 View Post
It depends on your definition of north. It's still not easy to drive from Gwinnett to Cobb.
I wouldn't expect going 85S->285W over the top end passing 400 would be very pleasant anywhere near game time (not that 85S->Connector would have been amazing anyway).

Now they have more reason to watch the Gwinnett Braves play so maybe Liberty will hold up their end of the bargain on the Coolray Field.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta