Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 01:24 PM

23,726 posts, read 24,866,786 times

Advertisements

Improve Five Points Station and Underground.
Downtown study group: Improve Underground and Five Points station | SaportaReport
Wasn't that hard to figure out that solution. All they had to do was CD expertise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2013, 01:29 PM

1,850 posts, read 3,016,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Improve Five Points Station and Underground.
Downtown study group: Improve Underground and Five Points station | SaportaReport
Wasn't that hard to figure out that solution. All they had to do was CD expertise.

I'd love to see the U.G. get revitalized. It's a nice property. When I was visiting, one thought that came to mind was--"this place is transitioning, it'll be back".

Go to see it's not being ignored. I thought the property was such a pillar property to downtown that it cannot be ignored.

Thanks for this.

Old 10-18-2013, 08:35 PM

9,008 posts, read 14,057,844 times
Snore. This would be, what, the third time the city has tried to breathe life into Underground/Five Points?

At least this time they are talking about doing the things that are actually necessary to improve the area: address panhandling and loitering.

Will there a be a day that we can do this without anyone pointing and yelling "RACIST!" ?

Old 10-18-2013, 08:40 PM

Snore? Come on now.

Things take time. It took years for it to go down and it'll take years to rebuild it.

In the mean time go volunteer and make things better.

Very few of your posts are positive. They all almost have a slight negative tone, almost always. It's like you're living your life in spite and bitterness.

You're like the rain on peoples picnic. You never have anything but "downers" to add. People like you almost never realize how negative you are.

Typical response is: "Oh, I'm just being real"

Yup, real pessimistic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post
Snore. This would be, what, the third time the city has tried to breathe life into Underground/Five Points?

At least this time they are talking about doing the things that are actually necessary to improve the area: address panhandling and loitering.

Will there a be a day that we can do this without anyone pointing and yelling "RACIST!" ?

Last edited by Rocco Barbosa; 10-18-2013 at 09:49 PM..

Old 10-18-2013, 08:54 PM

I hate to pull out the "you don't even live here" card, but Underground and Five Points have a long history you may not be aware of. Longtime residents of Atlanta know that talk of revitalizing this area has been ongoing since the 70s. It has yet to materialize.

Old 10-18-2013, 08:58 PM

Quote:
I hate to pull out the "you don't even live here" card, but Underground and Five Points have a long history you may not be aware of. Longtime residents of Atlanta know that talk of revitalizing this area has been ongoing since the 70s. It has yet to materialize.

You're right I don't live here. Doesn't make a difference if I don't live there.

My home town is Detroit. As bad of shape as the city is in, I'm always optimistic about it's future. Always. No matter what blow thew city takes. Trust me, Detroit has been going through the revitalizing phase waaaaay longer than the Underground, way longer. I'll always be hopeful of Detroit's rebound. No matter how many times the ame issues keep coming up and discussed.

That's how things change and progress is made. You win baseball games with base hits, not home runs. The situation with the Underground is yet another base hit in the right direction.

I agree I don't live there but my feelings are the same!

yaaaawn to your dry posts..........as usual.

Old 10-18-2013, 09:07 PM

I think you should be part of the change and buy a condo near Five Points when you come to Atlanta.

After all, football stadiums have long been known to improve the neighborhoods they are built in, much like airports and water treatment plants.

Old 10-18-2013, 09:10 PM

Quote:
I think you should be part of the change and buy a condo near Five Points when you come to Atlanta.

After all, football stadiums have long been known to improve the neighborhoods they are built in, much like airports and water treatment plants.

I intend to be apart of the change and become VERY involved in terms of my time and money. Not just a spectator nor lip service on a forum.

The beauty of an outsiders view is you can have a unbiased view and see things things different from "soiled" natives.

Last edited by Rocco Barbosa; 10-18-2013 at 09:20 PM..

Old 10-18-2013, 09:33 PM

7,132 posts, read 9,136,869 times
Ugh....Rocco is already turning into an Atlanta homer and he/she hasn't even moved here yet lol. Looks like you all have another one added to the Atlanta fan club.

Old 10-18-2013, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
Ugh....Rocco is already turning into an Atlanta homer and he/she hasn't even moved here yet lol. Looks like you all have another one added to the Atlanta fan club.

As opposed to what? Following in your miserable footsteps?

Do you know what that's called? It's called making the best of the here and now. Unlike you.

Being happy is hard for you to grasp therefore you and other posters have to spread your bitterness.

Guess what? I'll spend my time being happy while you try to figure out why I am the way I am. That'll give you something to do because you obviously have nothing else going on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta