Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2013, 09:33 AM

2,167 posts, read 2,829,021 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikigod311 View Post

Because I share that fear. There is a really good chance that PCM is going to be nothing but overpriced drinks, food, and wares.
There is a Whole Foods across the street. It's not like overpriced food and drink would be a newcomer to the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2013, 09:57 AM

5,242 posts, read 6,234,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by red92s View Post
There is a Whole Foods across the street. It's not like overpriced food and drink would be a newcomer to the area.
Oh yeah. Its intown in one of the hottest areas intown. I get it. I just hope there are some relatively reasonable options along with the inevitable high end stuff. I hope its not all $7 beers, cause I really want to have some drinks in the boxcar and/or the roof with that view.

Old 11-25-2013, 10:21 AM

32,019 posts, read 36,759,555 times
Quote:
This thread would have been a whole lot better had it not mentioned race and only mentioned type of stores and their costs.

Because I share that fear. There is a really good chance that PCM is going to be nothing but overpriced drinks, food, and wares.

But who fn cares what race people are.
I agree.

Part of the Beltline promise was to help reunite the whole city and to provide affordable intown housing.

So it's a legitimate question as to whether it's fulfilling those goals, or catering to upscale economics.

Of course PCM is not the Beltline, but is it benefiting from the Beltline TAD tax abatement? (I don't know - just asking).

Old 11-25-2013, 10:28 AM

13,709 posts, read 21,907,102 times
Quote:
This thread would have been a whole lot better had it not mentioned race and only mentioned type of stores and their costs....
Indeed. The fallacy of this thread was confusing the issue of class with race.

Old 11-25-2013, 01:06 PM

23,438 posts, read 44,044,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
Wow. Somebody just hit the bullseye.

Old 11-25-2013, 01:12 PM

10,743 posts, read 13,374,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Wow. Somebody just hit the bullseye.
Seems to be a pervasive occurrence on here...

Old 11-25-2013, 07:01 PM

4,790 posts, read 6,868,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
say what you want, but class and race are inextricably tied together in this country. minorities such as african americans and hispanics are disproportionally poor. white people like to pretend the problem doesn't exist and that "racism is over", when the fact of the matter is that minorities get f**ked over in just about every possible way in this country, and it's not limited to a specific region, city, or state. this is why expensive and vogue places are almost exclusively given patronage by whites, the de facto dominant class in the US.

and i don't have to point out to other people here that the posters above who are so "outraged" at my comments all have a history of making racially insensitive remarks on this forum. of course, they don't realize this, and once again will be "outraged" at my comments.

Old 11-25-2013, 07:21 PM

16,679 posts, read 29,495,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantm3 View Post
say what you want, but class and race are inextricably tied together in this country. minorities such as african americans and hispanics are disproportionally poor. white people like to pretend the problem doesn't exist and that "racism is over", when the fact of the matter is that minorities get f**ked over in just about every possible way in this country, and it's not limited to a specific region, city, or state. this is why expensive and vogue places are almost exclusively given patronage by whites, the de facto dominant class in the US.

and i don't have to point out to other people here that the posters above who are so "outraged" at my comments all have a history of making racially insensitive remarks on this forum. of course, they don't realize this, and once again will be "outraged" at my comments.

Great post. Amen.

Old 11-25-2013, 07:51 PM

23,438 posts, read 44,044,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
Great post. Amen.
Really? That's probably the most racist thing I've read in the entire thread.

Old 11-25-2013, 07:52 PM

16,679 posts, read 29,495,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Really? That's probably the most racist thing I've read in the entire thread.

You think? Hmmmm...

I don't know...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta