Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2013, 04:41 PM

2,862 posts, read 3,819,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlite View Post
Just wondering about apt prices. How much is 1 bd with parking, laundry in unit? Not luxury, just regular.
The majority of apartments in Atlanta have w/d connections as well as laundry rooms, free parking, and pools. It's sort of a feature of communities in the south along with central heat and air as opposed to window units and furnaces.

You should be able to find a nice one bedroom in a gated community in the suburbs for $800. I am more familiar with north ATL and Cobb than the west, east, or south so the prices may be lower in those areas. I'd look at Roswell, Sandy Springs OTP, Dunwoody, Smyrna, Vinings and possibly Brookhaven or Marietta if I wanted to live in the suburbs.

Also, I'd keep an eye out for rent specials because I've seen rates fluxuate up to $150 per month from one day to the next. (i'm relocating from Kennesaw and aparment hunting in Midtown.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2013, 08:32 PM

646 posts, read 926,107 times
gated community? lol that seems like overkill

Old 12-09-2013, 10:29 PM

Quote:
gated community? lol that seems like overkill
Well, gated communities are big here too. I want to say at least half are, but I suspect it's more.

Old 12-09-2013, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleKaye View Post
Well, gated communities are big here too. I want to say at least half are, but I suspect it's more.
wtf why

Old 12-09-2013, 10:44 PM

Quote:
wtf why
If I had to guess, I'd say (whether valid or not) to provide a sense of security or something along the lines of good fences make good neighbors. Where did you say you were moving from?

Old 12-09-2013, 10:47 PM

Quote:
If I had to guess, I'd say (whether valid or not) to provide a sense of security or something along the lines of good fences make good neighbors. Where did you say you were moving from?
says right here

Old 12-09-2013, 10:54 PM

Quote:
says right here
This should not have to be a struggle. Right where greenlite?

Old 12-09-2013, 11:06 PM

Quote:
This should not have to be a struggle. Right where greenlite?
my location, same where it says Atlanta for yours!
Northern NJ

Old 12-09-2013, 11:57 PM

Quote:
my location, same where it says Atlanta for yours!
Northern NJ
So you couldn't have just said Northern NJ when I asked the first time? Two words as opposed to a soothsaying activity for me? It seems highly likely you're going to get your ass kicked regularly when you move here.

If you are completely unfamiliar with or resistant some of the subtle lifestyle differences between NJ and GA, then you'll catch up in due time. It's really rather simple; if you'd prefer not to get an apt with a gate, then don't get one.

Old 12-10-2013, 12:13 AM

Quote:
So you couldn't have just said Northern NJ when I asked the first time? Two words as opposed to a soothsaying activity for me? It seems highly likely you're going to get your ass kicked regularly when you move here.

If you are completely unfamiliar with or resistant some of the subtle lifestyle differences between NJ and GA, then you'll catch up in due time. It's really rather simple; if you'd prefer not to get an apt with a gate, then don't get one.
ok...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta