Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2013, 11:43 AM

1,110 posts, read 1,660,446 times

Advertisements

LOOOOOOL

Umm.. soo I guess I should tell the world. Sometimes, we do that on purpose. When I use to help my family at the family restaurant, my cousin would go say something awkward or prejudice with a heavy accent and then I would come behind speaking in perfect English assuring the customer that I would yell at my ignorant brother. We would become great friends, and they would become regulars and tip me bunch. My cousin and I would split the tip.

White tips>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>Asian tips. We're cheap as hell. FYI, if you ever travel.."tipping" is also a VERY American concept. You'll offend people if you do that abroad.

"Diversity" is a concept that is being extensively researched by sociologists and education scholars - mostly because of the severe political isolation and affirmative action/inequality issues in America. In due time, we'll know the truth. In my opinion, it's best not to force anything on any group too soon.

It's sort of a dark thing..to be singled out because of your race..genetics...colonialism..human rights...conquest..nazis...pride..fascism..nationa lism..patriotism..Murica-ism.. it's all connected.

But going back to your post.. Don't let one experience fool you. There are a number of reasons you saw a bunch of Indians in that neighborhood. As you can see, Indians only make up a percentage of Johns Creek.

OH also Indians are VERY family oriented. Maybe you saw grandpas and grandmas and uncles and aunts who just retire and live with their kids. The actual family may have gone to work. Also, Asians love to walk. In Johns Creek, you'll always find a 4'11 old Asian woman with a huge sun hat walking around for hours. White people jog. Black people usually don't. So it might be that. You may have just SEEN more Indians than there really were..simply because they're more likely to be out at random times during the day.

Old 12-15-2013, 11:51 AM

1,816 posts, read 1,149,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post
I understand what you're saying, but the question I'm asking is if the area is 63.45% white and 23.36% Asian, how did the Indian population manage to make an entire subdivision virtually 100% Indian? Logic would dictate that the subdivision should at least be partially white if they make up more than 63% of the population.

I'm rather fascinated by this concept of microsegregation. Especially given the fact that any time I asked any realtor about racial make up, they all tensed up and said, "It's illegal for me to even talk about that."

So how does one racial group dominate a subdivision? Just word of mouth within that group?
Clearly, indians like being amongst themselves but once the subdivision becomes majority minority or is even trending in that direction, be it indian, korean or especially hispanic and black, whites won't touch it with a 10 foot pole and move on to a sub or area where they can be the majority. The only exception I have seen to this is if they may choose to rent, in a majority minority sub, for a year or two before deciding where they want to relocate in the area. Furthermore, this example only applies to the better or top rated school districts.

This pattern is American as apple pie.

Old 12-15-2013, 11:52 AM
Box

382 posts, read 661,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Clearly, indians like being amongst themselves but once the subdivision becomes majority minority or is even trending in that direction, be it indian, korean or especially hispanic and black, whites won't touch it with a 10 foot pole and move on to a sub or area where they can be the majority. The only exception I have seen to this is if they may choose to rent, in a majority minority sub, for a year or two before deciding where they want to relocate in the area. Furthermore, this example only applies to the better or top rated school districts.

This pattern is American as apple pie.
Why is this? Do white folks enjoy being in charge or something?

Old 12-15-2013, 12:18 PM

6,721 posts, read 6,473,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post

Nope, just like other races, we prefer to be amongst our own. It's human nature.

Old 12-15-2013, 12:29 PM

Not even human nature, it's biology. Humans tend to associate those who look like them. It's nothing to get upset over. Things change too.

I feel sorry for white people. lol

The blacks/hispanics bring crime, teen pregnancy, low high school graduation rates and lower SAT scores while the Asians/Indians bring overpriced gas stations and convenient stores, H-marts, SAT test prep centers and nationalistic job steelers who refuse to learn Engrish

(no one get offended...this was a sorta-kinda true stereotype joke. Love all. Hippies 4 lyfe.)

Murica.

Old 12-15-2013, 12:33 PM
Box

382 posts, read 661,004 times
<p>
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
Nope, just like other races, we prefer to be amongst our own. It's human nature.
</p><p>&nbsp;if that were true then you wouldn't have minorities moving to the burns.</p>

Old 12-15-2013, 01:06 PM

1,816 posts, read 1,149,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
You just answered your own question.

Old 12-15-2013, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
You just answered your own question.
I suppose centuries of being on top would do that to you.

Brace yourselves...the Asians are coming.

And our food is much better and evolutionarily complex. We will win...and when we do...rice. You will eat rice..forever.

Heed my words. Asians are best.

#nanananananaheyheyheygoodbye

Old 12-15-2013, 05:57 PM

9,008 posts, read 14,047,632 times
It seems to me the Vietnamese eat more noodles than rice, though. ..

Old 12-15-2013, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post
It seems to me the Vietnamese eat more noodles than rice, though. ..
Well. We can't compete with dem mainland Asians(Chinese/Korean/Taiwanese/Japanese)

Croatia doesn't claim success of Europe, and neither do we.

But we're definitely sexier. Thai/Viet/Filipino

But on a more serious note, diversity as a means to protect oneself from racism isn't much of a concern in Johns Creek. In my opinion anyways.. Yes, if you go blaring Rich Homie Quan in a leased Benz at 1 in the morning on a weekday in a Johns Creek neighborhood...people will talk. So in that sense, yeah I guess the community isn't as use to that.

I don't think you'll find straight up racism. Places like that do exist in Georgia, but I don't consider JC to be one of them.

Full disclaimer: I do not live in Johns Creek. My family owns a restaurant in Johns Creek, and I know many, many kids who go to JCHS, Northview, Alpharetta, Chattahoochee etc. I am from Lawrenceville. Now I live in Gwinnett..err my family does. I'm a student at GSeww
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta