Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2014, 04:58 PM

1,637 posts, read 2,630,536 times

Advertisements

Generally southerners are the nicest people in the USA expecially from TX-SC. Generally the rude people in Atlanta arent originally from here. I became less welcoming (rude ) after living in the metro DC area but I'm slowly turning back southern. Generally northerns may appear rude initially but once you get to know them they are friendly generally
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2014, 10:38 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,911,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
There are low class urban thugs hers in Atlanta too. NY has no monopoly on them. I somehow doubt that you'll find that behavior on the north shore of Long Island, Rockland County, or parts of Queens, Brooklyn, or Staten Island. You're making very broad and sweeping statements.
I'll say it again the Kids in NY are as u guys would say MAD disrespectful. They have no manners what so ever.

Old 01-04-2014, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta_BD View Post
This isn't a NYC thing. What you say you see there, I see it all the time here in Atlanta, including on the trains. I see kids here talking crazy to their parents and young people cussing out the elderly on the street.

Kids being more mannered and more polite in Atlanta is an outright lie. I'm a parent so I'm around kids here and I'm around people who have kids all the time and the disrespect is unreal. I would've got a beat-down for the way these kids these days talk to their parents. Parents today aren't as strict today as many of our parents were.

It's not geographical, it's generational.

Customer service is no better here either. I have gotten lousy customer service here. I have gotten horrible service at restaurants and I have walked out of many a store for employees failing to come assist me when I need help. I was in one store trying to redeem a coupon and the cashier straight-up told me that she "didn't have time for that," told me to get out of her line then tried to make me look like I was the one with the problem to a customer behind me when she was the one who told me she didn't have time to do her job. I had to cuss her out and get her manager involved.

I have encountered more than my fair share of rude, disrespectful and hostile people here in Atlanta as a customer and as a customer service worker bending over backwards trying to please people.

Anyone who thinks that southern hospitality and excellent customer service is more the rule than the exception in Atlanta is delusional.
I never said People aren't rude or disrespectful in Atlanta... but they are more so more rude up north. Customer service on average is alot better down south than here up North. Your delusional if u somehow you think Southerners and northerners are some how equal when it comes to manners. Please! I hardly ever see men open the door for women. These older women around here have filthy mouths also. What really annoys me is the bumping and not saying excuse me or I apologize.

Old 01-05-2014, 07:45 AM

7,887 posts, read 17,192,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
I'll say it again the Kids in NY are as u guys would say MAD disrespectful. They have no manners what so ever.
And I'll say it again...maybe those are poor inner city kids you're hanging around. You can see that same type of kid here in many parts of Atlanta, and in many urban neighborhoods. You will not find that kind of thing on Long Island and in middle class or affluent place in NY, just as you will generally not find it in many middle class parts of Atlanta.

Can you not understand the concept of class here...rather than geography?

OH...and I would never use the term "MAD disrespectful" since I speak English and communicate clearly, as I taught my children to do.

Old 01-05-2014, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
And I'll say it again...maybe those are poor inner city kids you're hanging around. You can see that same type of kid here in many parts of Atlanta, and in many urban neighborhoods. You will not find that kind of thing on Long Island and in middle class or affluent place in NY, just as you will generally not find it in many middle class parts of Atlanta.

Can you not understand the concept of class here...rather than geography?

OH...and I would never use the term "MAD disrespectful" since I speak English and communicate clearly, as I taught my children to do.
No no no no.... all these kids I see around here don't have manners it's not just inner city kids either. The kids are rude and the parents can be too. I wouldn't have kids in this region whatsoever. I see why alot of families move down south from the North.

Old 01-06-2014, 08:27 AM

1,637 posts, read 2,630,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
No no no no.... all these kids I see around here don't have manners it's not just inner city kids either. The kids are rude and the parents can be too. I wouldn't have kids in this region whatsoever. I see why alot of families move down south from the North.

Perfect example (NY kids)..

Last edited by gerrythesnake; 01-06-2014 at 09:30 AM..

Old 01-07-2014, 05:06 AM

177 posts, read 405,534 times
How can you compare NYC to Atlanta?

Old 01-07-2014, 05:35 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,424,997 times
My ex-wife is from East New York, Brooklyn. She and her family were some of the most nicest people you'd ever meet.

Old 01-07-2014, 05:36 AM

It's an unfair comparison, there is NO COMPARISON!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GucciDiva View Post
How can you compare NYC to Atlanta?

Old 01-07-2014, 05:39 AM

I think Southerners can be some of the most meanest people you'd ever meet. Don't let that southern hospitality fool you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: