Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2014, 06:21 AM

1 posts, read 1,132 times

Advertisements

On Nov. 3 2013 I was at work at NTB in Lawrenceville. I was employed as a Sales Associate. The store Service Manager came to me and asked if I would change a motorcycle tire. He said that he did not trust anyone in the shop to do this work. I took the wheel into the shop and after several minutes of not getting the wheel to fit in the machine I took it back to him and said I could not do it. On the 4th, which was a Sunday the customer came back with his father, and told us of damage to his wheel. I don't think it was damaged but we are told to give them whatever they ask for. I was off on the 5th, when I returned on the 6th I was told that I was fired for causing damage to this wheel.

I have just been denied unemployment because I was supposed to write a ticket. This is the first I ever heard that a ticket was not written by the service manager.

Do I have the right to appeal my case and do I have a chance?

Last edited by hd7734; 01-05-2014 at 06:58 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2014, 09:01 AM

1,265 posts, read 3,460,415 times
It's hard to say. You can away appeal, though the chances of success are very situation-dependent.

There's a weapth of information about appeals on the GA DOL's website.

I would file the appeal. The worst thing that can happen is a denial, which would not make things any worse that they already are.

Good luck!

Old 01-05-2014, 09:02 AM

3,573 posts, read 5,307,141 times
I'd say call the Atlanta Bar Association and see if they have a labor lawyer that can give you some advice.

The first 30 minutes should be $45, so make sure you have your questions and notes organized before setting up an appointment.

Lawyer Referral and Information Service

Old 01-05-2014, 01:25 PM

989 posts, read 1,742,193 times
Honestly, if you story is accurate you will probably win your appeal. They fired you with cause, however that is not enough to deny your unemployment claim. The denial was not by the unemployment office, but by your employer. They could have made the process easier by simply approving you claim, now they will have to explain why they are denying it. Because you made a mistake is not a reason to deny unemployment compensation. The only reasons your appeal will be denied is if you willingly quit, abandoned your job, or was insubordinate, none of them seem to be the case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta