Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2014, 09:28 PM

16,647 posts, read 29,370,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Someone who uses it every day for hours a day.

It does not reduce motivation or ambition in moderation.

Are you aware that millions of professional people in the US use it regularly?
and that's why I'm torn/ambivalent. and it does reduce motivation and ambition in a lot of people...millions/lots.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2014, 09:30 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,368,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
and that's why I'm torn/ambivalent. and it does reduce motivation and ambition in a lot of people...millions/lots.
And there are 18 million alcoholics in the country too.

Alcoholism: MedlinePlus

Personally I'm tired to the government claiming weed is always bad for me when I find that it is a benefit in my life. If other people can't use it responsibly well that's not my problem, and that's no different than many other things.

We have thousands of shootings a year but conservatives say we shouldn't have any restrictions on guns because we shouldn't penalize the people that use them responsibly. I have no problem with that argument except when they say the complete opposite on this topic. If they want to stock up on arsenals of assault weapons, I could honestly care less, but don't turn around and then say that a plant is too dangerous for me to have lol.

Old 01-12-2014, 11:05 PM

16,647 posts, read 29,370,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
And there are 18 million alcoholics in the country too.

Alcoholism: MedlinePlus

Personally I'm tired to the government claiming weed is always bad for me when I find that it is a benefit in my life. If other people can't use it responsibly well that's not my problem, and that's no different than many other things.

We have thousands of shootings a year but conservatives say we shouldn't have any restrictions on guns because we shouldn't penalize the people that use them responsibly. I have no problem with that argument except when they say the complete opposite on this topic. If they want to stock up on arsenals of assault weapons, I could honestly care less, but don't turn around and then say that a plant is too dangerous for me to have lol.

I'm not talking about alcoholics and guns.

Old 01-13-2014, 06:44 AM

2 posts, read 4,163 times
Augusta man was also on prescription synthetics as well, which cause deaths everyday. Seattle man was a medical patient and could been over the "legal limit" if he is a medical consumer even when he wakes up in the morning without any intake at all.

Old 01-13-2014, 06:46 AM

2 posts, read 4,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
Augusta man was also on prescription synthetics as well, which cause deaths everyday. Seattle man was a medical patient and could been over the "legal limit" if he is a medical consumer even when he wakes up in the morning without any intake at all

Old 01-13-2014, 08:58 AM

1,637 posts, read 2,621,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geos View Post
The medical industry is one of the biggest scams. It kills many thousands of people every year with it's toxic drugs. War on Health | Watch Free Documentary Online

How about freedom of choice? Let's let people decide. God forbid we should be allowed to grow our own medicine. Where's the profit in that?

Yahoo News Canada - Latest News & Headlines

Can Cannabis Cure Cancer? - Exposing The Truth

The Healing Properties Of Cannabis

Run From The Cure: How Cannabis Cures Cancer And Why No One Knows | Cannabis Culture
Thanks

Old 01-13-2014, 09:12 AM

1,151 posts, read 1,303,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
This, exactly. This is exactly why I am torn and ambivalent on the subject of legalization of marijuana.

I have seen and experienced what you have described first-hand from family members, friends, lovers, significant-others, and students/clients. Too many by-the-book examples of this to count...
They very likely have/had other issues that made them dependent and have low ambition before doing the pot.

Old 01-13-2014, 10:29 AM

31,999 posts, read 36,610,130 times
While pot may reduce motivation in some people who abuse it, I doubt that it does so any more than alcohol or other substances and practices that we deem okay.

On the flip side, we've got zillions of people locked up and permanently stigmatized for non-violent pot related charges. Why should we do that?

Old 01-13-2014, 10:50 AM

1,637 posts, read 2,621,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhammaster View Post
They very likely have/had other issues that made them dependent and have low ambition before doing the pot.
I agree. If they smoked pot or not they probably would have had the same outcome

Old 01-13-2014, 11:23 AM

5,845 posts, read 6,130,779 times
If the state of Georgia wants to get serious about reducing its violent crime and its government expenditures, legalizing pot would be an excellent place to start. As many have noted, Georgia loses millions of dollars every year due to keeping the prison population higher than it should be, and forfeiting the potential tax revenues. Prohibition has never worked, it will never work, and it's time for Georgia to make this happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta