Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 07:11 AM
PJA

2,462 posts, read 3,176,740 times

Advertisements

There is absolutely nothing harmful about marijuana UNLESS it is smoked. And even then it is not as dangerous as smoking cigarettes especially since most cigarette smokers smoke at least half a pack a day. So my question to those against it, would you still oppose legalization if the smoking aspect remained illegal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2014, 07:13 AM
PJA

2,462 posts, read 3,176,740 times
Oddly enough, that last post was my 420th post. LOL

Old 02-03-2014, 10:06 AM

7,358 posts, read 6,526,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJA View Post
There is absolutely nothing harmful about marijuana UNLESS it is smoked. And even then it is not as dangerous as smoking cigarettes especially since most cigarette smokers smoke at least half a pack a day. So my question to those against it, would you still oppose legalization if the smoking aspect remained illegal?
Not at all.

Old 02-03-2014, 01:37 PM

3,573 posts, read 5,309,239 times
The arguments against marijuana legalization on this thread are just a sole reminder to me why "Libertarianism" in general is nothing more than just plain ol' southern confederate logic in drag.

No "liberty" what-so-ever in libertarianism. It's like the Libertarian answer to "big government" is Somalia and any other sort of classic feudalistic government.

Eat my shorts on that on.

You "Libertarians" will never attract a big crowd. And you guys will always stay a regional party just like the heavily confederate-leaning Republican party...as long as you folks continue to stray from advocating for TRUE individual freedom regardless of the size & configuration of government.

Old 02-03-2014, 06:32 PM

5,845 posts, read 6,156,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJA View Post
Oddly enough, that last post was my 420th post. LOL
Huh huh huh huh.

Old 02-19-2014, 08:53 PM

27 posts, read 39,915 times
There are FDA approved drugs that cause brain tumors, kidney failure, etc etc.....I couple of my good friends would know.

This is a potential multi-Billion dollar business and if you think that it will not be legal at some point...you would be wrong.

If you had known Google, Apple, Dell, Microsoft or Berkshire stock would hit over 100.00 per share, would you have bought early? hummm

Have you viewed any of the Marijuana stocks lately? I guess it would be hypocritical to purchase something you did not approve of.....lol.

I remember 8 years ago when a few them were under a penny. When 100 dollars got you 1million shares. Again have you seen MMJ stock lately?

Have a good one

Old 02-19-2014, 10:51 PM

4,120 posts, read 6,609,150 times
Colorado marijuana tax exceeds all expectations.

Governor: Colorado pot market exceeds tax hopes - The Denver Post

Old 02-20-2014, 03:26 PM

157 posts, read 296,886 times
lol after reading the replies... I definitely don't see Georgia ready for Medical Marijuana anytime in the near future.. too many negative views on it there. I have a relative in Georgia that would need marijuana to help with her chronic pain but she obviously has turned into other alternatives which doesn't work because of the side effects pills have.

Old 02-20-2014, 03:42 PM

5,242 posts, read 6,238,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post
The arguments against marijuana legalization on this thread are just a sole reminder to me why "Libertarianism" in general is nothing more than just plain ol' southern confederate logic in drag.

No "liberty" what-so-ever in libertarianism. It's like the Libertarian answer to "big government" is Somalia and any other sort of classic feudalistic government.

Eat my shorts on that on.

You "Libertarians" will never attract a big crowd. And you guys will always stay a regional party just like the heavily confederate-leaning Republican party...as long as you folks continue to stray from advocating for TRUE individual freedom regardless of the size & configuration of government.

Its weird, I agree with some of your points, but you are so off on some of them.

I think you are getting tea partiers mixed up with Libertarians. I have never met a group of more open minded, do what thou will folks as Libertarians. I guess some people claim to be Libertarian, but they really are just small c conservatives.

Confederate leaning Republican party.... jeez man. That's hyper partisan rhetoric if I've ever heard it.

Old 02-20-2014, 03:43 PM

5,242 posts, read 6,238,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie.e View Post
lol after reading the replies... I definitely don't see Georgia ready for Medical Marijuana anytime in the near future.. too many negative views on it there. I have a relative in Georgia that would need marijuana to help with her chronic pain but she obviously has turned into other alternatives which doesn't work because of the side effects pills have.
Do realize that most of the negative comments were coming from only a couple, and really just one, poster.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta