Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2014, 10:58 PM

7 posts, read 16,674 times

Advertisements

Hello I am African American reside in Albany ny I will be moving to Georgia in june 2014 with my job ,my wife and 4 children my income is $ 4.000 a month without my wife income I don't know how fast she will find a job she's in the healthcare field anyway we have money saving for the move .We been planning to move since 2007 but the crimes always scares us for what we heard from people also our research on the internet they place Atlanta as the most dangerous city I come to realize there's crimes every where but i'm trying to avoid those areas with all your help first of all I never been to Atlanta but I did a lot of research regarding school, safety not to be scare walking in the neighborhood at 5 pm or to leave my children at home for a quick stop at the grocery store lol so far I am leaning toward Loganville, dacula, sneville in gwinnett county also what the differences between sneville zip code 30039 and 300078 my budget is 1,200.00 a month for a house I found so many houses under my price in sneville I heard to stay away from berkmar, and central gwinnett what about middle school and elementary school most likely my wife will be looking for job in downtown Atlanta , Marietta or near gwinnett county please help me narrow the search on those area my number one is safety safety safety thank you in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2014, 11:04 PM

7,132 posts, read 9,128,454 times
Atlanta's far from the most dangerous city and that's mainly the city limits. The suburbs where you are thinking about moving to are very safe, especially towards Loganville and Dacula. These are pretty far out from the central city though.

Old 01-15-2014, 11:14 PM

how far the commute will be to downtown Atlanta ,Duluth, Sneville and Lawrenceville if I decide to rent in logansville since my wife is in the healthcare field/lab tech she planning to apply every where within 20 miles driving I don't know how she is going to adjust because where we are everything is within 15 minutes drive work ,shop,restaurant and grocery stores we just need a change where we are it's such a small town there's not really much to do.Can you tell me any hospital that are close to Loganville also how's the diversity

Old 01-15-2014, 11:30 PM

can I get any help about how the pre k is in georgia I am a little confuse my youngest son is 4 years old he's been in pre school since he was 2 he will turn 5 in November this year I went to the Georgia website for some inf it seem confusing since you have to be on the waiting list for pre k also it kind of surprise to me they do not offer pre k in elementary school because in ny the child goes in the elementary school for pre k what scare me I don't want my child to be in pre school when he is 5 just because of the month he was born any suggestion will greatly appreciate.

Old 01-16-2014, 03:14 AM

10,392 posts, read 11,481,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by p 38 View Post
Hello I am African American reside in Albany ny I will be moving to Georgia in june 2014 with my job ,my wife and 4 children my income is $ 4.000 a month without my wife income I don't know how fast she will find a job she's in the healthcare field anyway we have money saving for the move .We been planning to move since 2007 but the crimes always scares us for what we heard from people also our research on the internet they place Atlanta as the most dangerous city I come to realize there's crimes every where but i'm trying to avoid those areas with all your help first of all I never been to Atlanta but I did a lot of research regarding school, safety not to be scare walking in the neighborhood at 5 pm or to leave my children at home for a quick stop at the grocery store lol so far I am leaning toward Loganville, dacula, sneville in gwinnett county
Loganville, Dacula and the northside of the Snellville area (the part of the Snellville area ABOVE/north of the US 78 corridor) are all generally good areas with generally low crime, good schools and lots of nearby amenities.

The southside of the US 78 is also an okay area with generally low crime. Though the quality of the schools, while still generally very-good for a lower-priced outer-suburban area, is not necessarily as high below/south of the US 78 corridor in the feeder zones for Shiloh and South Gwinnett high schools as they are above/north of the US 78 corridor in the feeder zones for the highly-rated Brookwood and Grayson high schools (...Brookwood High School is though of by many to be one of the absolute best high schools in the entire Southeastern U.S.).

The difference (both real and perceived) between the quality of the schools above and below the US 78 corridor is why homes are generally priced much-lower below/south of the US 78 corridor (in the feeder zones for lower-rated Shiloh HS and declining South Gwinnett HS) than they are above/north of the US 78 corridor, though lower-priced homes can definitely be found in the part of the Snellville area that is above US 78 (in the feeder zones for the highly-rated Grayson HS and the HIGHEST-RATED Brookwood HS).

Quote:
also what the differences between sneville zip code 30039 and 300078 my budget is 1,200.00 a month for a house I found so many houses under my price in sneville
The differences between Snellville zip codes 30039 and 30078 is that the schools are much more highly-regarded (and are thought by many to be of much-higher quality) in the Snellville 30078 zip code above (north of) the US 78 corridor in the feeder zones for Brookwood and Grayson high schools than they are below (south of) the US 78 corridor in the feeder zones for Shiloh and South Gwinnett high schools (...which South Gwinnett High School appears to be in a state of decline that seems to have been triggered when nearby Grayson High School opened in 2000 and took many students, supporters, and teachers from South Gwinnett High School).

Quote:
I heard to stay away from berkmar, and central gwinnett what about middle school and elementary school most likely my wife will be looking for job in downtown Atlanta , Marietta or near gwinnett county please help me narrow the search on those area my number one is safety safety safety thank you in advance
Where you decide to live should most-likely be based upon the locations within Metro Atlanta where you and your wife will be working so that both of you can attempt to minimize your rush hour commutes in a large metro region where rush hour commutes can be long and painful if one has to live far away from their jobs.

Quote:
how far the commute will be to downtown Atlanta ,Duluth, Sneville and Lawrenceville if I decide to rent in logansville since my wife is in the healthcare field/lab tech she planning to apply every where within 20 miles driving I don't know how she is going to adjust because where we are everything is within 15 minutes drive work ,shop,restaurant and grocery stores we just need a change where we are it's such a small town there's not really much to do.
If your wife is going to be applying for jobs in Downtown Atlanta while living in Loganville, she is going to be applying to places that are much-farther away than within 20 miles...

...That's because Downtown Atlanta is a 30-35 mile one-way drive from Loganville...a 30-35 mile one-way drive that is between 45-50 minutes one-way in light and normal traffic conditions and over an hour or more one-way in heavy/rush hour traffic conditions.

Quote:
Can you tell me any hospital that are close to Loganville
Eastside Medical Center is nearby in Snellville and the mega-sized Gwinnett Medical Center (one of the largest hospitals in the Southeast) is nearby in Lawrenceville.

Other hospitals in the area include:

...The newly-rebuilt and expanded Clearview Regional Medical Center in Monroe

...DeKalb Medical Center in Lithonia

...DeKalb Medical Center in Decatur

...Rockdale Medical Center in Conyers

...Newton Medical Center in Covington

...Athens Regional Medical Center in the college town of Athens (which is home to the flagship campus of the University of Georgia)

...Emory University Hospital in Atlanta

...Emory Johns Creek Hospital in North Fulton County

...The mega-sized Northside Hospital Atlanta in Sandy Springs (one of the largest hospitals in the nation that has traditionally led the nation in the number of newborns delivered each year)

...Northside Hospital Forsyth in Cumming

...Northeast Georgia Medical Center in Gainesville (...Northeast Georgia Medical Center is also opening up a new hospital campus in the Braselton/Chateau Elan area possibly in 2015)

...Wellstar Cobb Hospital in Austell in Cobb County

...Wellstar Kennestone Hospital in Marietta in Cobb County

...Wellstar Windy Hill Hospital in Marietta in Southeast Cobb County

...Wellstar Douglas Hospital in Douglasville in Douglas County

...Wellstar Paulding Hospital in Dallas in Paulding County (Wellstar Paulding Hospital is opening up a new campus in the Hiram area in April 2014).

Quote:
also how's the diversity (in Loganville)
Loganville (which straddles two counties in Gwinnett and Walton) is much more diverse on the Gwinnett County side than it is on the Walton County side.

Old 01-16-2014, 04:12 AM

Born 2 Roll thank you so so much for all the details regarding the sneville area my other question how's the pre k program works also do you think with my price range I can be in a decent area with low crime and good school can you point out for me which hospital is near sneville and Loganville I want t be in a area with different nationality I am from in the carribean I would love to be around people who is not going to look at us like aliens lol or my kids will have hard time to fit in i never been to Georgia please forgive me for what I say i am just repeating what i read about georgia on the internet but i am moving with an open mind how far is Loganville and dacula is from Duluth i also heard people mention grayson what its like to live there, is the crime is bad in Atlanta the way they put it on the internet because what i find on the internet is very disturbing specially the home invasion thank you again more information will greatly appreciate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta