Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2014, 01:50 PM

2,092 posts, read 3,212,103 times

Advertisements

Former anchor Amanda Davis found not guilty of DUI | www.ajc.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2014, 05:37 PM

4,586 posts, read 7,666,018 times
She must be really pissed that Fox 5 pushed her out now.

Old 02-07-2014, 06:14 PM

31,993 posts, read 36,516,062 times
According to the article:
Quote:
"The investigating officer said Davis smelled of alcohol and told him she had been drinking. She refused to submit to a field sobriety test and state-administered chemical tests, police said."
She should be mighty glad she wasn't in Gwinnett. They don't mess around up there.

Old 02-08-2014, 01:27 AM

2,862 posts, read 3,794,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
According to the article:

She should be mighty glad she wasn't in Gwinnett. They don't mess around up there.

Is that where the police almost strap the people down on gurneys? I remember watching a clip but couldn't remember where it was.

If she wasn't drunk, the court should have ordered her to get some glasses.

I had noticed that I did not see her on FOX 5 recently but didn't know why. I just tossed the silence up to their company culture like when Suchita Vadlamani disappeared.

Old 02-08-2014, 04:42 AM

4,760 posts, read 5,385,001 times
Looking at Cynne Simpson everyday, is not a bad thing. She is very pretty.

I wish the best for Amanda.

Old 02-08-2014, 07:12 AM

18 posts, read 25,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlwarrior View Post
Looking at Cynne Simpson everyday, is not a bad thing. She is very pretty.

I wish the best for Amanda.
Cynne was an anchor in the DC metro area on channel 7. I wasn't aware that she relocated to ATL.

Old 02-08-2014, 08:14 AM

4,760 posts, read 5,385,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie2122 View Post
Cynne was an anchor in the DC metro area on channel 7. I wasn't aware that she relocated to ATL.
Yes I can be seen Mon-Fri on the 6pm and 10 pm broadcast.

Old 02-08-2014, 03:24 PM

31,993 posts, read 36,516,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleKaye View Post
Is that where the police almost strap the people down on gurneys? I remember watching a clip but couldn't remember where it was.
Yep. She wouldn't get to say "no" in Gwinnett.

They don't mess around up there if they think you've been drinking.

DUI suspects face forced blood draws in some Ga. counties - Atlanta News, Weather, Traffic, and Sports | FOX 5

Old 02-09-2014, 08:56 AM

7,887 posts, read 17,118,946 times
Not that I really care about what happens to her, but when you refuse to take a test under the implied consent law, your license is suspended for a year administratively. It's then much more difficult to get a conviction when you don't have the evidence that she was intoxicated, hence the reason why counties like Gwinnett get a warrant and forcibly take blood.

The implied consent loophole has allowed many people to be found "not guilty" or for charges to be dropped. If you have a good lawyer and didn't say anything or do anything stupid like take the non-required field sobriety tests such as walking lines, saying the alphabet, following a pen with your eyes, you will typically get acquitted of DUI. It doesn't mean she wasn't drunk, just that a conviction wasn't possible.

Old 02-10-2014, 02:56 PM

7 posts, read 12,118 times
It sounds like knew her rights when she got pulled over. So knowing those rights she admitted she had been drinking but refused all the tests. I really didn't know there was a loophole like that. Even though she was acquitted, it would be horrible PR for a news station to put someone back in the anchor chair to report crimes such as DUI when she herself committed those crimes. Maybe, just maybe if she wasn't the anchor; she might have had a chance to get back on the station. She was admired and was the face of local news here in Atlanta. She knew that she would be a disgrace if she tried to hold on to this position so she did the right thing. I hope she is getting help and trying to change her life. She was a great reporter and I really admired the work she did. The only win here is that she didn't kill or seriously injur anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta