Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2014, 09:40 AM

32,019 posts, read 36,770,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
I'll take Chops over Bones and Rathbuns. Hal's is great too.
Can't really argue with any of those, Ansley, or with the other excellent steakhouses mentioned.

I give Bone's a slight edge because of the service I've had there over the decades. To me it has the feel of some of my favorite NYC places like Sparks and Keens.

Hal's is right there with them.

But they are all terrific. Great owners, staff, steaks and wine lists. You wouldn't go wrong in any of these restaurants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2014, 01:43 PM

10,743 posts, read 13,379,079 times
You're so right, Arjay.

Old 03-01-2014, 02:10 PM
bu2

24,073 posts, read 14,869,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billl View Post
to Fogo de Chao. How can you argue with meat on swords and skewers?

But Ruth's Chris? I've never had a good meal there. There are far better steak places in Atlanta.
I haven't been to the one here, but I liked the ones in Louisiana and Texas. I would still rate Bones a little higher.

Old 03-01-2014, 02:46 PM

2,862 posts, read 3,819,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billl View Post
to Fogo de Chao. How can you argue with meat on swords and skewers?

But Ruth's Chris? I've never had a good meal there. There are far better steak places in Atlanta.
Really? What do you order? I won't say it's the best steak I have ever tasted, but I do like it. I go for the filet with shirmp (which kind of bends my rules about not ordering seafood at a steakhouse, but I've become flexible), asparagus, and potatoes au gratin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
I haven't been to the one here, but I liked the ones in Louisiana and Texas. I would still rate Bones a little higher.
My first time eating at Ruth's Chris was in New Orleans. Admittedly, there is a bit of difference in taste here, but I guess that's just to be expected because the food as a whole is spicier there.

Old 03-01-2014, 07:35 PM

2,218 posts, read 4,370,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleKaye View Post
Really? What do you order? I won't say it's the best steak I have ever tasted, but I do like it. I go for the filet with shirmp (which kind of bends my rules about not ordering seafood at a steakhouse, but I've become flexible), asparagus, and potatoes au gratin.
Steak, either a New York strip or filet. I've tried Ruth's Chris several times in several cities, and it has never compared favorably to other steak places. It's better than Longhorn, but that's a pretty low bar.

When Zagat asked for input to its survey a few years ago, I put in my ratings and opinions on the RC next to COP. Hopefully my low numbers were factored in to their ratings, because certainly none of my comments made it in to the book. I haven't trusted Zagat ever since.

Quote:
My first time eating at Ruth's Chris was in New Orleans. Admittedly, there is a bit of difference in taste here, but I guess that's just to be expected because the food as a whole is spicier there.
Yes I've been to the one in New Orleans, too.

Old 03-01-2014, 07:50 PM

178 posts, read 528,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantm3 View Post
wow— you waited 45 minutes? i went in there and the pizza was out faster than any pizza place i know of; since they keep the ovens so hot, they only take about 90 seconds to cook the pizza.

bring a friend and a bottle of wine or two. try out the olive oil and various additions they leave near the ovens. i think it's a blast.
Try this place, it's new and out in Alpharetta

Campania | Authentic Neapolitan pizza Alpharetta, GA |

800 North Main St
Alpharetta, Ga 30009

-Mike

Old 03-03-2014, 08:05 AM

12 posts, read 16,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsonga View Post
I'm sorry, but you're just wrong. Atlanta's newer restaurants continue to rank with some of the best in the country. Consistently making magazines with rankings of our restaurants. Here is a list that if you have not tried, you absolutely need to:

King+Duke
St Cecilia
The Optimist
Wastershed
JCT Kitchen
Bacchanalia
South City Kitchen
Canoe
4th and Swift
Woodfire Grill
Wisteria
Bistro Niko
Barcelona
Aria
Rathbuns
Veni Vidi Vici
Lure
Local Three
Abbatoir
Restaurant Eugene
Gunshow
Holeman and Finch

These are the ones I can name off the top of my head as being my favorites. Try and few and then please tell of your opinion.

Thank you for posting.
Anyone who claims Atlanta doesnt have good food just flat out doesnt have good taste. And doesnt know how to find good food. Thereby, they dont know anything about good food.

These ests. will rival any restaurant in the country right now.

Old 03-03-2014, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike929 View Post
Try this place, it's new and out in Alpharetta

Campania | Authentic Neapolitan pizza Alpharetta, GA |
I'll have to give that a try the next time we are out there. It's pretty cool that they have actual plates, glasses and silverware.

I'm also a fan of Varasano's in Buckhead. Varasano's Pizzeria

Old 03-03-2014, 08:35 PM

10,743 posts, read 13,379,079 times
Ya know my kids say Mellow Mushroom pizza can't be beat. Sometimes, I just can't argue with them when they are right!

Old 03-04-2014, 08:09 AM

Mellow Mushroom and Fellini's are still our standbys. My palate is probably not up to modern standards but to me they both have great pizza.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta