Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 11:11 AM

4,756 posts, read 5,383,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleKaye View Post
I agree this wasn't the best choice of days, but the weather looks great.
Hi all the reason we went with the date of April 20, because the other date available for West End was in May, which is West End have a huge Malcolm X festival. Believe me we have had numerous of meeting and we consider the 420 festival and Resurrection day, but the May date would have not work, because of another huge festival for West End. Anyway hope to see yall out today, it is beautiful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2014, 02:47 PM

787 posts, read 961,762 times
I'm on my way from Austell, only a 20min drive.

Old 04-20-2014, 07:52 PM

6,495 posts, read 6,066,226 times
So, how did it go?

Old 04-20-2014, 07:55 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,472,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulch View Post
So, how did it go?
Curious about that too, I was out there yesterday to see what was going on, but it was only a one day event and I like to chill on Sundays.

Old 04-20-2014, 09:02 PM

4,025 posts, read 2,087,444 times
I attended this. Loved the vibe of the West End. Was disappointed in Streets Alive. A small bicycle parade, a few vendors. Someone doing tai chi. The West End Farmer's Market had only vendor selling produce and the rest selling jewelry/clothes, etc. I like the idea of Streets Alive, but just like with the Inman Park one, it seems like not enough volunteers are providing activities along the route. But at least I got to see the West End.

Old 04-20-2014, 09:40 PM

564 posts, read 882,693 times
I went. The West End is a pretty cool neighborhood, but the Streets Alive Event was waaay to spread out. 2.7 miles with a vendor every half mile or so.. If they had done maybe one street and concentrated all the vendors along the sides I think it would have worked out better. However, it was nice to go and see the Beltline trail and various little parks in the areas. Also they needed more vendors.. there were so few! Alot of live music and people were generally having a good time... Could have been better, but it wasn't a complete fail

Old 04-20-2014, 09:53 PM

5,242 posts, read 6,199,127 times
Wish I could have went but I was out of town.

How was the turnout? Was there a diverse group of people there?

Old 04-21-2014, 02:06 AM

Hi all and thanks for those who came out. Yes I do agree with having the more vendors part, it appears some people did not show up, but I'm glad that the event did happen for the first time on the West side. Next year should be even bigger, as we should get another date other than competing with Resurrection Sunday and 4/20 festival. Great turnout and thanks for those who came out. West End is Atlanta's oldest and first Historic neighborhood in the City of Atlanta originally known as Whitehall established in 1835. Whitehall was renamed West End which derived for London, England theater district.

Old 04-21-2014, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcat22 View Post
I attended this. Loved the vibe of the West End. Was disappointed in Streets Alive. A small bicycle parade, a few vendors. Someone doing tai chi. The West End Farmer's Market had only vendor selling produce and the rest selling jewelry/clothes, etc. I like the idea of Streets Alive, but just like with the Inman Park one, it seems like not enough volunteers are providing activities along the route. But at least I got to see the West End.
I think as Street Alive grow, the vendors will come. I also thought Clark Atlanta, Spelman and Morehouse would have been more involved. Did you stay for the 50 piece orchestra ensemble that started at 6 pm at the Wrens Nest. I notice your name and sure you would have enjoyed that also.

Old 04-21-2014, 02:55 AM

787 posts, read 961,762 times
I went also, the event wasn't the best, most of the businesses were closed and not much to do. The West End neighborhood is very unique has alot history and character. Somewhere I would consider staying if i could find some place modern to stay plus I would like to get to know or better. Oh and the gas prices are sky high!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: