Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 06:32 PM

44 posts, read 93,004 times

Advertisements

Are there any websites that search for homes with swimming pools? With Trulia and Realtor the results are 99% homes with neighborhood pools, but none in the backyard. I suppose I may just need to find a realtor?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2014, 06:45 PM

2,530 posts, read 4,752,569 times
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage - Metro Atlanta Area Real Estate

Old 03-19-2014, 06:49 PM

Thank you!!

Old 03-19-2014, 11:36 PM

2,613 posts, read 4,124,289 times
Not sure if you know it but having a backyard pool is in the top ten of turnoffs for future buyers of a home. The maintenance is too expensive, many do not swim and have to figure out how to fill up this huge hole in the ground after they purchase, the liability is too great (think, greater home insurance and the risks that come along with having a pool - risks to your children and neighborhood children in your yard unbeknowngst to you), and ppl prefer to have land instead of a big pool taking up a big chunk of the yard. Good luck with your pool search. Just letting you know why it may be that you are not seeing alot of them. It's kind of an old 80's type thing to want in your yard for most homes. Now, in super high end luxury communities, I agree that it still seems to be an expectation to come with the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheree202 View Post
Thank you!!

Old 03-20-2014, 06:15 AM

2,302 posts, read 2,969,424 times
Well, the OP says he wants a pool, so I am sure he is aware of the pros and cons.

Old 03-20-2014, 06:19 AM

1,207 posts, read 2,801,578 times
Pools are popping up (or in) all over my subdivision and at least 3-5 people put one in every summer even though we have a very nice pool/kiddie pool.

Old 03-20-2014, 08:16 AM

LovelySummer, I appreciate your opinion, but we want a pool in our yard because our family loves to swim. I am much more focused on the quality of life that it will give us then resell value. I agree that it will turn many people, such as yourself, off to purchasing our house someday. We get that. We are opting to buy a home already with a pool because we know we wouldn't get our money back someday if we spent the $50k to install one ourselves. Having a pool in our backyard is one of the things we're most excited about with moving. But you're right - we will have less homes to choose from.

Old 03-20-2014, 10:37 AM

And how are you sure of what is going on in the OP's head? If you are psychic, please let me know the Georgia lotto numbers because I need to retire!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlJan View Post
Well, the OP says he wants a pool, so I am sure he is aware of the pros and cons.

Old 03-20-2014, 10:41 AM

Oh np with me. I was just letting you know bc some people really don't know. I assumed a pool would be a plus until I started reading articles a year or so ago when I was embarking on home renovation as to the best and worst things you can do to your home wrt resell value. It was eye-opening. I was also mentioning this bc you mentioned many communities at which you were looking have a pool at the clubhouse sort of setup. Every really high-end community that I know of does not put them at the clubhouse, they put them in the backyards and so if you were looking at homes with them at the clubhouse, I was thinking it is a little bit out of the type of community that would typically put them in the backyard. Ya know?

Anyway, good luck to you and I'm sure your family will enjoy your pool (as you have said).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheree202 View Post
LovelySummer, I appreciate your opinion, but we want a pool in our yard because our family loves to swim. I am much more focused on the quality of life that it will give us then resell value. I agree that it will turn many people, such as yourself, off to purchasing our house someday. We get that. We are opting to buy a home already with a pool because we know we wouldn't get our money back someday if we spent the $50k to install one ourselves. Having a pool in our backyard is one of the things we're most excited about with moving. But you're right - we will have less homes to choose from.

Old 03-20-2014, 02:45 PM

2,302 posts, read 2,969,424 times
LS, I was just saying that if he is interested enough in a pool to want *only to search for houses with pools*, then he has a serious interest and knows what he wants. His reply confirmed my hunch.

Plenty of upscale subdivisions have a clubhouse pool and private residences w/ pools, as well. We don't live in a subdivision, but our neighborhood has mostly 1+ acre lots--and pools are extremely common, almost expected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: