Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2014, 08:07 PM

284 posts, read 590,648 times

Advertisements

This is ridiculous. Animal cruelty? How can the city/PETA come down on Brannu, but not on the carriage horse companies and people tethering dogs up(whether to a post in the backyard or "leashed" to a fence outside a restaurant as one of the commenters says).

I'm sure many forum readers will have their own opinions. Personally I've only interacted with him in and around the Westside/AUC/West End areas over the years (super kind guy) and IMO there are much bigger fish to fry in this town. I remember last year or so he had scoutmob or some similar site's specials for Eastside beltlline horserides. As far as I know, that's not illegal, even if personally, I find the E side trail too busy on wkends to take my little dog there much less a horse(too many SUV-sized babycarriages & speeding bikes who tend to run up on my small pooch). OK, permit stuff I get, but overall it seems like he is being singled out all of a sudden.

Atlanta's Urban Cowboy gets put out to pasture | News Feature | Creative Loafing Atlanta
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2014, 09:20 AM

1,317 posts, read 1,640,655 times
I knew this young man and his family, when he was growing up in Queens. It's sad that that the city government is harassing this young man who is trying to do something positive.

Old 03-21-2014, 09:40 AM

32,024 posts, read 36,782,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal93 View Post
OK, permit stuff I get, but overall it seems like he is being singled out all of a sudden.
I don't know that he's being singled out.

While I don't doubt that he's a nice guy, there are plenty of folks who keep and ride horses around the metro area and everyone's gotta go by the rules. It's for the protection of the horses as well as the public welfare.

Old 03-21-2014, 12:08 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,821,176 times
I have seen him out before too. They should leave him alone.

I thought it hilarious that the PETA person's reason why he shouldn't tie his horse up outside of the barber shop was because "it's not socially acceptable" lol. To me, PETA and their antics are socially acceptable lol.

Old 03-22-2014, 09:31 AM

3,573 posts, read 5,309,239 times
PETA is full of overly-privileged snooty jerks who think they can push their way of dealing with animals on others. As if their way is the only way.

What arrogance.

To heck with PETA!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: