Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 06:11 AM

2,167 posts, read 2,816,259 times

Advertisements

TOTO, the worlds largest plumbing manufacturer, has it's US headquarters in Morrow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2014, 06:17 AM

1,535 posts, read 2,359,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post
Is that a benefit enjoyed by every Delta employee?
Mostly for "hagged" out flight attendants. I know a woman who has been flying for Delta since the early 60's. She's milking it for everything she can.

Old 03-28-2014, 02:04 PM

1,061 posts, read 1,211,436 times
MailChimp

Old 03-28-2014, 02:06 PM

2,167 posts, read 2,816,259 times
Lockheed Martin

Old 03-28-2014, 02:09 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,027,477 times
Its been watered down a lot and remember they are flying on standby and with the reduced capacity at airlines that means you aren't getting on the plane near as much anymore and have the headache of getting stuck or waiting for the next plane...

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
One huge benefit you get with Delta, you get to fly anywhere in the world basically for free.

Old 03-28-2014, 04:34 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,359,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorilove View Post
This is over simplified. By the time you pay taxes and fees you may be paying $100 for a ticket that had you planned in advance you could have bought for say $250. The difference is that you don't have a gtd seat and are basically flying on standby with little to no seniority of others on stand by.

So yes this can be a good deal if it fits into your schedule and plans and definitely good for last minute travel where you plans are flexible - but that is often not the case for most travelers.
The companion pass is basically a 70% discount, so yes on domestic flights were you would pay around $300 normally you would pay $100. But where its really cool is international flights where say if the regular price was $1000, you pay $300. You can also get upgraded to first class/business class for free pretty easily on international flights.

It is standby but you book your tickets through the employee system where you can see how many seats have customer bookings in real time, so all you have to do is select a flight with a decent number of open seats close to the departure date and you will have a very high likelihood of getting a seat.

Old 03-28-2014, 04:55 PM

10,735 posts, read 13,284,409 times
EarthLink

Old 03-28-2014, 07:36 PM

9,008 posts, read 13,980,642 times
Everyone, the purpose of this thread is to tell what you know about Atlanta's major companies. What it's like for the people who work there. What the culture is like, if the pay is good, if people like working there.

The purpose is not just to list a bunch of companies with presences here.

What do we know about these companies? That's the point.

Old 03-31-2014, 04:40 AM

118 posts, read 198,508 times
I enjoy working at UPS (software developer). Like every company, there are some good things and some bad, but overall I think its one of those places where one could work until retirement. Also one of the few companies to offer both a defined & a contribution based retirement plan. As well as many other perks. There is an IT office in Alpharetta & HQ in Sandy Springs.

Old 04-01-2014, 09:41 AM

6,420 posts, read 6,483,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post
Hey everybody, we don't really talk too much about the big companies that are based in Atlanta, but most of us know people who work at one or more of them.

I know there's Glassdoor, but I thought it would be fun to compare notes here on Atlanta's largest employers. Here's what I have heard about some of these companies....what have you heard? Or better yet, what do you know from first-hand experience?

=====================================

Coke - I always heard that Coke is pretty straight-laced and takes their products extremely seriously. I've been told that if you work for Coke and a co-worker sees you in public drinking a Pepsi or even sees it in your pantry in your private home, you could get into big trouble at work. Sounds like Coke doesn't have a sense of humor at all.

Turner Broadcasting - People at TBS, Cartoon Network, etc. seem to love their jobs. The biggest complaint I have heard is some people have been trying for years to get into Turner and seem very qualified, but can't even get interviews. I've heard life can be tough at CNN with the long hours, travel, and ratings craziness.

UPS - I've heard a lot about the "cult of UPS" and it sounds like a really strange corporate environment. It sounds like UPS workers fall into two camps: people who get indoctrinated and stay at UPS for a long time, even entire careers, and then people who can't take it and don't make it past a year.

Home Depot - Mixed reviews here. Some people have complained there is a lot of backstabbing and it's a tremendously boring place to work. But I've also heard that it has improved a lot since the new CEO took over and people like it a lot more these days.

Delta - Oddly, I've never met anyone who has ever worked here. I know noting about what it's like to work for Delta. Maybe because I don't live south of town? Commuting to the airport must be brutal.

Chick-fil-A - I've never met anybody who works for Chick-fil-A either....do they even have a large corporate HQ here? Where is it? Hapeville?

Georgia Pacific - Never heard a peep about it.

What else????
I work for one of these companies. Great benefits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta