Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 09:26 PM

2,490 posts, read 2,544,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Barbosa View Post
What are you looking for?
Well I'm also in retail management, but I make a little bit more than he does and I'm looking to either advance myself within the same field, just at other companies, or branching into something similar. Just as long as I can make more than 12/hour XD
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2014, 04:44 PM

55 posts, read 136,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattee01 View Post
Hey, I have a close friend who just transferred here with his current job. Right now he's an assistant store manager, but he feels he's getting paid less than what he should for the position. I was just curious if anyone here had some knowledge of places seeking workers with that kind of experience... places that you either know for sure or reasonably believe are hiring now.
Where did he transfer from? It makes a big difference state to state and region. What he would get here in the Northeast isn't what he'll get once he crosses the DC/Virginia southern line. Has he tried doing customer to customer referral sales / commission work? It can tide him over, paying him weekly until something more permanent comes along. For me, I'm just grateful to have it! It's all I do!

Old 04-11-2014, 04:57 PM

Quote:
He did and said he got a good feeling, but isn't sure as there were multiple people there and they said they would only pick a few of the candidates. He's been applying and calling a lot lately, but the reason he wants to know specially if a place is hiring first or not is because he's seeing a lot of positions to apply for but when he calls to check up he always gets the "no we're not doing any hiring". In fact he says he's gotten that response about 80-90% of the time
Cotsco is a great place to work from what I've heard! They pay their employees great wages but the only problem is, they are generally way out of the residential district.

Old 04-11-2014, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Surely there's more than one bite
Well, I left you a suggestion. You and your friend start calling your friends and family and get a move on! Those bills aren't going to pay themselves, Mister!!

Old 04-11-2014, 05:27 PM

Here's another suggestion; Have you tried temp agencies? It's a great way to get your foot in the door of a prospective company and try them before going to them and trying to get hired. I loved temp work because if I didn't like them...I didn't have to stay and the agency found me something more to my liking, right away! It was fun!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: