Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2014, 05:33 PM

28 posts, read 109,459 times

Advertisements

Hi,
While ago I came across a crime map that provided a visual comparison of crime rates in different areas. The highest crime areas were in red. For some reason, I can't seem to find it again. It was not just for Atlanta- I was able to look up areas in other US cities as well. Anyone know what I'm
referring to and could you direct me to the website, please? I've looked at
a couple other crime maps but they're not very
helpful as they don't tend to show one area in relation to another. I could read that a particular area has a certain number of burglaries etc but it's hard to tell if this is a high rate, especially compared to other neighborhoods in Atlanta. I will be relocating to Atlanta and I really want to live in the city but I want to make sure to do my research as to what's safe and what's not. I'm looking at areas like Candler Park, Morningside, Virginia Highlands, Druid Hills and Decatur. I know these are desireable areas but are they actually significantly safer than other not quite so "hot" neighborhoods? One of my reasons for wanting to live in one of the more established, expensive areas is because I'm assuming they are some of the safest within the city (ITP). Are there ITP areas other than the "hot", expensive areas that are just as safe (but maybe cheaper)? Sorry about the two part question.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2014, 09:48 PM

122 posts, read 185,304 times
I think your referring to trulia's crime heat map.

Old 04-21-2014, 08:22 PM

I didn't think it was that one because it looks different now but maybe I had it on different settings before? Is there a way to get it to show more than just one day?

Old 04-21-2014, 08:25 PM

781 posts, read 732,813 times
This thing?

//www.city-data.com/crime/

Old 04-22-2014, 02:18 PM

280 posts, read 387,788 times
For the city of Atlanta, go to: APD Find My Zone and click on the zone of interest. Then go to the crime map on that page and click the crimes of interest and a date range.

Old 04-22-2014, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetailSymbolizes View Post
Yesss! That's the one I meant! Thanks. Is that a good one, do you think? It looks like some of the nicest areas (Morningside, Virginia Highlands, Candler Park etc) are in the High Crime areas. Is there really that much crime in these desirable neighborhoods, or are the stats just compiled such that those areas get lumped together with the stats from nearby dangerous areas?

Old 04-22-2014, 08:19 PM

12 posts, read 16,679 times
This one is easy to navigate as well:

MapATL - Atlanta Crime

Old 04-23-2014, 01:41 PM

781 posts, read 732,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura D View Post
Yesss! That's the one I meant! Thanks. Is that a good one, do you think? It looks like some of the nicest areas (Morningside, Virginia Highlands, Candler Park etc) are in the High Crime areas. Is there really that much crime in these desirable neighborhoods, or are the stats just compiled such that those areas get lumped together with the stats from nearby dangerous areas?
You are most welcome.

Sorry, I don't know the methodology behind it. I only knew it was there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: